West Ham Utd 2-1 Everton (3/4/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Everton: match thread

Post by Diogenes »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:21 am Again more criticism of Fabianski. Which is odd IMHO

It isn't as though he came and missed the punch. He came out through quite a big crowd and get a pretty solid punch on it despite being shackled. The second ball could certainly have been dealt with better, and then he got beaten by a lucky deflection.

Could Fabianski come out and deal with high balls more than he does? Yes. you could argue he should. But that is not his game. He doesn't do it because he doesn't like to take risks. He plays the percentatges. That is why you don't see him flying around the goal making spectacular saves. He knows exactly where to stand so usually makes the difficult look simple.

He is a superb keeper. One of the most solid and consistent in the Premier League
I tend to agree. I thought he had a very competent game. The goal itself was a little slow reaction from our defenders collectively and a wicked deflection.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Spent the whole match wondering when and how Everton had signed Regi Blinker.

Discovered later on it was Alex Iwobi.

I thought he actually looked quite lively and dangerous. Clearly flattered to deceive.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:59 am Everton are a piss poor team.There is no doubt about it
The are full of very, very good individual players (3 or 4 of which I wouldn't mind at West Ham) but they are not playing as a 'team'. Unlike West Ham currently, whereby I believe our 'teamwork' seems to overcome any individual deficiencies. That, I believe, is Lampard's challenge.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Just watched the highlights and that was naughty from Cresswell at the end
He certainly meant that
kentboleyn
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by kentboleyn »

steveyrockstar wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:12 am Spent the whole match wondering when and how Everton had signed Regi Blinker.

Discovered later on it was Alex Iwobi.

I thought he actually looked quite lively and dangerous. Clearly flattered to deceive.
Me to, i thought his hair was slowing him down! :smiler:
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

JLCABA wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:18 am Fornals was not for the first time embarrassing
westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:33 am As per, Zouma, Dec and Fornals were brilliant again.
I love how people's opinions wildly differ of certain players and performances. These two (abridged) posts were literally right after one another.

I see most people can't decide whether Fredericks was brilliant, awful or okay, either.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Everton
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136846
steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar »

Did Cresswell kick Richarlison? They didn't show much of it on MOTD2. I thought he kicked the ball into him, not kick the player.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

There was no need to do either. The foul had been given and Richarlison wasn't going anywhere

Even if Cresswell did kick the ball, he knew full well it would hurt! You can see he gives it one almighty swing

I don't really have a problem with it, I have done that many times when playing myself - but it is naughty!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

"I thought Keane was unlucky to be sent off, I didn’t think either were bookings " :shock:

They are right about Cresswell though. He played like he really had the needle with them. Wasn't he at Liverpool as a kid?

TBF, he was also giving it to the Spurs' supporter with the inflatable cat when Benrahma scored in the last game. :grin:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

The ref saw what Cresswell did and booked him.

Why would VAR intervene? Nothing was missed, punishment was administered.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

"Reading through the comments I'm confused, just how many gears do West Ham have? They variously 'didn't have to get into first', 'didn't have to get out of first', 'didn't have to get out of third'. Perhaps we should be getting some motor mechanics into our coaching staff?"
- Sarnia Kevin
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Spoke to a few of their fans on the way out, it was like listening to us when we went on these similar journeys, i understand why people want them relegated and i guess it was the same when we were in that position and other teams fans were hoping we got the drop.

I think they've got enough quality to get out of it and Burnley have lost 4 out of the last 5

I see such similarities between that Everton team and past struggling West Ham teams
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I8CHAVS wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:06 am I see such similarities between that Everton team and past struggling West Ham teams
I said the same yesterday.

Crap transfers, going from manager to manager without having a plan.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1192 likes

Post by ironilunga »

steveyrockstar wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:12 am Alex Iwobi.

I think this is Everton’s problem. They have too many misfits who will play well every so often. The last thing they needed in Jan was players coming in who were low on confidence, yet they brought in Dele and Donny?

They will be very lucky not to be relegated. Their run in is a shocker!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

S-H wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:08 am Crap transfers, going from manager to manager without having a plan.
Knowing that if they are relegated, several of those players are going to go on and be excellent elsewhere as well.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

I8CHAVS wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:06 am Spoke to a few of their fans on the way out, it was like listening to us when we went on these similar journeys, i understand why people want them relegated and i guess it was the same when we were in that position and other teams fans were hoping we got the drop.

I think they've got enough quality to get out of it and Burnley have lost 4 out of the last 5

I see such similarities between that Everton team and past struggling West Ham teams
Does go to show just how important the manager/coaching team are. If things had been different that would have been us risking relegation and they'd be in Europe.
Collison Theory
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Collison Theory »

bubbles1966 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:55 am "I thought Keane was unlucky to be sent off, I didn’t think either were bookings " :shock:

They are right about Cresswell though. He played like he really had the needle with them. Wasn't he at Liverpool as a kid?

TBF, he was also giving it to the Spurs' supporter with the inflatable cat when Benrahma scored in the last game. :grin:
Agree with all of this. Hilarious how blind fans can be, two absolutely nailed on yellows. Even Keane knew it instantly.

Cress was very lucky. If the ref had missed it, I think he would have been sent off. As he saw it and booked him, he got away with it. But its violent conduct, a red card and poor from a senior pro.

However, I'm guessing as a scouser it was great to boot Richarlison and get away with it!
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

steveyrockstar wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:50 am Did Cresswell kick Richarlison? They didn't show much of it on MOTD2. I thought he kicked the ball into him, not kick the player.
He did, albeit, rather enthusiastically.
Richarlison rolling round holding his face though...warratwat
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

cress must have been tempted to boot his head off, the cheating so and so.

we looked rusty with an eye on thrusday. the old west ham would have lost that.