West Ham Utd 2-1 Everton (3/4/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hindley Hammer
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Everton: match thread

Post by Hindley Hammer »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:41 am A few Everton fans are talking about their improved performance
They must have been very poor in the other games if that was an improvement.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Lampard was rattled by Moyes' post match comments... "Everton will have enough to stay up"

:D
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

S-H wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:54 am Lampard was rattled by Moyes' post match comments... "Everton will have enough to stay up"

:D
His response was strange..."Easy for him to say it" suggests Lampard also has his doubts. Surely he should be saying something along the lines of Moyes is right we should not be where we are.
Watford Hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Watford Hammer »

WCpete wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:40 pm Didn’t like seeing Bowen limping after the game. Hope we haven’t damaged him further for Thursday.
Oh dear I thought it was just me, I thought I saw him hobble down the tunnel a little while after he had gone off.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Everton are a piss poor team.There is no doubt about it
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:33 am Worst poem I’ve read
:crylol:

That's tickled me
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

A few observations.

Watching the Everton players in the warm up was quite telling. Little intensity. Poor energy bar the strikers exercise. I said to Carib Jnr how poor that was and if that's what I saw from West Ham warming up I'd be worried.

We barely got out of first gear but managed the game pretty well.

Based on what I saw yesterday neither Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison nor Gray had ever met before nor played together before. Contrast that to the interplay between our front four and it's chalk and cheese. Given these riches available to Lampard how he's not getting a tune out of them going forward is astonishing.

Everton's back four are shockingly bad. Had we really turned it on we'd have walked the game but it was all about 3 points with everyone, including the crowd I suspect, with half an eye to Thursday.

...and finally. For all his shithousery, Richarlison is a class player - a bit like Craig Bellamy. Hated him when playing for others, loved him in claret and blue. Gray should be laying in a better side than that, and I'd have Clavert-Lewin here in a heatbeat.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Again more criticism of Fabianski. Which is odd IMHO

It isn't as though he came and missed the punch. He came out through quite a big crowd and get a pretty solid punch on it despite being shackled. The second ball could certainly have been dealt with better, and then he got beaten by a lucky deflection.

Could Fabianski come out and deal with high balls more than he does? Yes. you could argue he should. But that is not his game. He doesn't do it because he doesn't like to take risks. He plays the percentatges. That is why you don't see him flying around the goal making spectacular saves. He knows exactly where to stand so usually makes the difficult look simple.

He is a superb keeper. One of the most solid and consistent in the Premier League
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Caribiron wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:12 am
...and finally. For all his shithousery, Richarlison is a class player - a bit like Craig Bellamy. Hated him when playing for others, loved him in claret and blue. Gray should be laying in a better side than that, and I'd have Clavert-Lewin here in a heatbeat.
He is a great player. He is first choice for Brazil which shows he good he is
I would love him at West Ham, but can see him getting signed by a club further up the food chain than us.
Barcelona or Real would like him i suspect, and PSG
Last edited by Crouchend_Hammer on Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Now that we have a decent No2 people seem to be actively looking for reasons to be critical of Fab, which they definitely were not looking for when Randolph and Martin were our only other options.
Haarlemammer
Has liked: 369 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Haarlemammer »

I really hope this is true.
Since Everton last scored at Stamford Bridge, Christian Eriksen has scored there, moved to Italy, scored a hat-trick, won Serie A, died, come back to life, returned to the PL and scored there again
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Can't really blame Fabianski, it wasn't like he missed it completely.

99 times of a 100 Fornals blocks the shot instead of it spinning off his boot into the corner.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Haarlemammer wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:33 am I really hope this is true.
Since Everton last scored at Stamford Bridge,
They scored there in December...
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:33 am

Little bit naughty from Cresswell with that kick on Richarlison towards the end.
Just seen it. Looked a bit snidey but not a great deal in it.

The Everton fans are making a huge thing of it all over social media but are quick to forget the Rondon stamp on Soucek’s face at Goodison which left him in a very bad way.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

To be fair to Fabianski the punch was still a tad unlucky, as on another day it would’ve landed somewhere else. But that’s the nature of the Premier League. It’s a ruthless league. 1 wrong decision, or mistake and you can get punished for it. Unfortunately for Fab that was the case yesterday.

For me that was the only thing he did wrong in the game. He dealt with everything else he needed to. And practically smoked a cigar for the majority of the game, as he thankfully didn’t have too many saves to make.
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

steps wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:36 am Just seen it. Looked a bit snidey but not a great deal in it.

The Everton fans are making a huge thing of it all over social media but are quick to forget the Rondon stamp on Soucek’s face at Goodison which left him in a very bad way.
Yep, pathetic to make a thing of it when it was the 93' and he did get a yellow for it.
Liam
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Liam »

Very surprised Richalison didn't initiate contact with Fabs in that first half chance, would have been a clear pen.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

I was just listening to Lampard’s post match interview on a certain website, he’s saying they deserved a point.
I must have been at another match then yesterday !
Yes they had a couple of chances to score, as you’d expect any team to have during a match, but we really didn’t have to play in top gear to win.
I think they will stay up - just, but his post match interview comments on his teams better performance would worry me if I was an Everton supporter.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I thought Fornals had a good game yesterday. Tidy with the ball and smart without it. Didn't do anything stupendous but a really solid showing.

The way he essentially interchanges almost with Cresswell doesn't half hurt his attacking play, though.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

YorksHammer wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:05 am I thought Fornals had a good game yesterday. Tidy with the ball and smart without it. Didn't do anything stupendous but a really solid showing.

The way he essentially interchanges almost with Cresswell doesn't half hurt his attacking play, though.
I love the man, think he's the Greatest Spaniard To Ever Exist, but he really needs to sort his composure out in front of goal. He gets it right from time to time which shows he has the ability, but he wastes too many golden chances.

Still a top player for us with what he brings to the team overall.