West Ham Utd 2-1 Everton (3/4/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Everton: match thread

Post by Albie Beck »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:23 pm last player to get done was Lanzini, what 5 or 6 years ago ?
- and from the best of my memory one of only two to ever get done at all, in the PL anyway...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1661 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

think you're correct mate...

as usual along with the 6 seconds the goal keeper can hold the ball (is that STILL in the rule book ) because I'm pretty sure Fab had the ball in his hands for maybe a full minute late yesterday.

ref doesn't even warn them now, but issues a yellow for the keeper taking an eternity to take a goal kick. when sometimes they take it quicker than the keeper with the ball in his hads.

as usual when a "new rule" comes in, there's a flurry of action, and then it's like that rule doesn't exist any more.

well from googling it, seems that the 6 second rule is still in effect, or at least I can't see where it was amended.

I'm going to see if I can see how long the keepers hold the ball tomorrow in the CL.

Simeone's team will be on the clock as early as the 2nd minute I'm sure.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Great to win that one.
Only saw the motd2 highlights but still too many worrying moments for me to be fully confident about the coming Q/F.
Cut all stupid mistakes out & we'll have a chance.
bowltorious
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by bowltorious »

surprised it wasnt zouma kicking richarlison considering how much of a pussy he is.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Post by pezza20 »

We won that game in third gear, there was no need for the side to expand more energy than is necessary. Were we a Man City or Liverpool we would have smashed them by half time then made wholesale changes to protect key players but because we do not have a strong enough bench Moyes played it the other way.

I never thought Everton would get back into it they were that poor at the back, I felt if we needed to up the tempo we could have done. For 15 mins of both halves we were definitely knocking it around without looking like we needed to get the ball into the last third.

Fred is a decent player, very good third choice fullback and his passing was much better. He still has the potential to make the off rickett but that's why he plays for us and not the tp 6, and why he is third choice. I would rather have had him in the side than. the 2 Everton full. backs !!

By the way, I felt Holgate should have been booked first half which meant his professional foul second half would have earned him a red, and Keane could easily have gone for a straight red for the first mauling of Antonio since nobody was catching him had he not fouled him.

Everton have the hardest run in of the bottom 4 - discounting Norwich who have gone - so if Burnley win tomorrow night I reckon Everton are gonners - they have to play 4 of the top 6 plus Watford .. very tricky games.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

pezza20 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:21 am We won that game in third gear,
I thought it was first gear?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I didn’t think we got out of 2nd gear.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

I think with some of these posts in 'ere, people have been on the gear...
Ethanadict
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Ethanadict »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:23 pm about time they reviewed all of this play acting.

watched more than a few games over the weekend. the amount of times, a defender places his arm on the attackers chest, and maybe grazes his neck, the bloke falls down clutching his face and rolls around about 10 times. at least "some" of the commentators on the streams I watched were like "no real contact there, he's certainly making the most of it." and the Sky lot don't help. "he felt contact, he's entitled to go to ground."

NO HE BLOODY WELL ISN'T.

and what happened to a yellow card for simulation ? there were at LEAST 4 or 5 or more occasions in the games I watched where the attacker instigates contact by just dragging his leg into his opponent looking for a foul and in quite a few cases, a penalty. Real got THREE penalties Saturday. THREE. two in my opinion were iffy, the third was not a penalty. however, the commentator on that game "oh yeah, a penalty all day."

reactroactive punishment should be taken here, but we all know it won't

first off because the first lot to get done would be the Sky love child "top 6." can't have that. so it's not going to happen.

there's an awful lot wrong with the modern game, we all know how Salah feels a breath of wind and he's down. Fernandes for the Red Mancs too. he falls over more times than most. and then pisses and moans about not getting the call. CR7 too.

and to be honest, it wouldn't take rewriting the rules. just enforce those in place. even if it's reactroactive. last player to get done was Lanzini, what 5 or 6 years ago ?

Very we’ll said! I’m sick to death of it and surely most fans are. You somehow left Kane out too. God I’m sick of him falling to the ground clutching his ankle when he’s hardly been touched. Another commentators’ love child who can do no wrong it seems.

It is cheating.

Refs have the rules to do something g about it but they chicken out.

I’d love retrospective yellows for simulation. Bring it on.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I've been giving more thought to this match and the more thought I give it, the more and more convinced I am Moyes knew Everton are not very good in possession and deliberately set us up to counter whenever they lost the ball
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Puff Daddy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:46 am I've been giving more thought to this match and the more thought I give it, the more and more convinced I am Moyes knew Everton are not very good in possession and deliberately set us up to counter whenever they lost the ball
You come up with this theory all by yourself?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1661 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Ethanadict wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:51 am Very we’ll said! I’m sick to death of it and surely most fans are. You somehow left Kane out too. God I’m sick of him falling to the ground clutching his ankle when he’s hardly been touched. Another commentators’ love child who can do no wrong it seems.

It is cheating.

Refs have the rules to do something g about it but they chicken out.

I’d love retrospective yellows for simulation. Bring it on.
there's too many to mention, but Lacazette is one of THE worst.

remember last season i nthe empty stadiums. went down like a 2 year old screaming so loud, and with the empty stadiums it made it worse. gets up runs forward, not sure he might have scored from the ensuing or at least came close. loads of memes about at the time, and even the most "hardened" Sky mob couldn't keep a straight face over it.

not the first time for him, won't be the last.

pretty sure everyone on here, at some time or another has hurt themselves playing, or even whacked yourself falling of a bike or that.

there's absoultely NO way you go rolling around. you don't even want to move it hurts so much. let alone roll around 15 times.

who remembers Neymar in the world cup in Brasil was it, rolling around 20 times.

something should be done. but we know it won't as the teams at the sharp end will get clobbered first, and the t.v. companies don't want to upset that lot.

be interesting today. two of the serial offenders play each other.

let's see how many yellows Pep's lot get from committing a foul when Atleti break away (my guess is a late yellow after about 6 fouls by Rodri) and how many times Atleti's Argentinian lot roll around after one .......all of them...
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

S-H wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:26 am I thought it was first gear?
Had to shift up after conceding.
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:15 pm there's too many to mention, but Lacazette is one of THE worst.

remember last season i nthe empty stadiums. went down like a 2 year old screaming so loud, and with the empty stadiums it made it worse. gets up runs forward, not sure he might have scored from the ensuing or at least came close. loads of memes about at the time, and even the most "hardened" Sky mob couldn't keep a straight face over it.
MOTD even did a screamometer taking the piss out of it if I remember right
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »