The Masters 2022 + Prediction Comp

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Re: The Masters 2022 + Prediction Comp

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:21 pm I don't think Frittelli is in the field JB
You're right, he isn't :newthumb:

I'll go for Cameron Smith instead. I'll repost.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Reposting as Crouchy correctly pointed out I'd picked someone who isn't playing :lol:

USA Scottie Scheffler Justin Thomas Colin Morikawa

EUR Viktor Hovland

ROW Cameron Smith

Score -12

Sorry Souly :oops:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 854 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

USA - Speith, J Thomas, Morikawa

EUR - Hovland

ROW - Cameron Smith

Winning score: -14

Not picked him but as always, would love to see Rory winning but that monkey is weighing heavier on his back each year.

Thanks Souly for doing this again.
SoulCircus
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

Thanks all, first groups going out within the hour so comp is now CLOSED. Good luck everyone.
SoulCircus

Post by SoulCircus »

Rory trying to keep things interesting at least...
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by neathiron »

Think Smith has just handed the title to Scheffler with that tee shot at 12.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the last 2 bunker shots from Rory and Morikawa were ridiculous. the odds on two golfers in very similar positions in a bunker dropping them must be WAAAAAY long..

what an end to both of their rounds...
Chicken Run Supreme

Oh Rory, why leave it so late??
Sensational final round but another year goes by. If only he had one other good round before Sunday’s and it could have been so so different.
Alas it was not to be and to be fair, once the number one player in the world put himself in pole position he never looked like he wouldn’t be slipping on the famous green jacket.
Congratulations Sheffler and whoever wins the comp. Another year for me where I failed to get 4 rounds from all my picks 😁
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:38 am Oh Rory, why leave it so late??
Sensational final round but another year goes by. If only he had one other good round before Sunday’s and it could have been so so different.
Alas it was not to be and to be fair, once the number one player in the world put himself in pole position he never looked like he wouldn’t be slipping on the famous green jacket.
Congratulations Sheffler and whoever wins the comp. Another year for me where I failed to get 4 rounds from all my picks 😁
Rory needs to be told the masters starts Thursday not a Sunday

He does this constantly which is why he hasn't won a major in 8 years

Always plays a blinding round soon as he is out of contention to make it look like he ran it close
SoulCircus

Post by SoulCircus »

Congrats to Scottie Scheffler, never looked in danger despite three putting the last, on a rich vein of form at the moment and the current world number one. Rory tried to make it interesting and that bunker shot on the 18th will make the highlights reels for years to come. Can't quite put together 4 rounds at Augusta though.

Onto the comp, scoring was actually not too bad considering only 9 players were under par.

No winning scores correct this year, Schefflers little meltdown at the last put paid to that!

3rd place - 14 points - Mumbles87
2nd - 16 points - Hessa
and our winner, with 20 points, Johnny Byrne's Boots. Swapping Smith in sealed the deal so you owe Crouchend a beer for that one! Very well done.

Full scores:

20 - JBB
16 - Hessa
14 - Mumbles87
11 - Harry1968
10 - Neathiron
9 - Psychoscoredthelot
7 - DJBubbles
6 - Macca1973, Westham, Eggy and Chips
5 - Chicken Run Supreme
0 - Crouchend
-1 - SoulCircus
-2 - R99C
-3 - CRFC Hammer
-4 - NT Hammer
-10 - Row X

Thanks for playing all. Back for the Open if there's demand!
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Wooden Spoon :scarfer:

Thanks SC for organising and scoring and congrats to JBB
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

Thanks for organising Souly, much appreciated. Definitely be up for doing the same for the Open.
Congratualtions JBB on winning :thup:
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by neathiron »

SoulCircus wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:21 am

Thanks for playing all. Back for the Open if there's demand!
Happy with a 5th place finish, congratulations to JBB on the win. Was hoping Cameron Smith was going to win me £75, he was my main pick with the bets but the schoolboy error on the 12th put paid to that! Thanks SC for organising, definitely count me in for the Open.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

:scarfer:

Thanks Souly for once again organising it, and of course to Crouchie for pointing out my rather embarassing error :oops:

I'd love to have seen Rory win it but sadly his tournament went true to form. Two rounds not quite good enough, one okay round and a stormer. He clearly has all the golfing skills required, but there's something not quite there in his head. As the saying goes, "You can't win a major on Thursday but you can definately lose one".
CRFC Hammer
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by CRFC Hammer »

Well done JBB and thanks SC for organising

Managed to do OK on the betting front with IM e/w @ 50/1

Onto the next one, I can't do much worse.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Well played JBB.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Thanks one and all :newthumb:

Did anyone else thing Tigger looked like an old man walking up the eighteenth? He was obviously in some considerable discomfort, but his whole gait reminded me of an old man with dodgy knees and hips hunched up in pain. He's said he'll play in the 150th Open, I'm wondering if that's where he'll follow in the footsteps of Nicklaus, Faldo and Watson (and JBB!) and call it a day on the Swilken Bridge.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

:lol:
Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:49 pm Thanks one and all :newthumb:

Did anyone else thing Tigger looked like an old man walking up the eighteenth? He was obviously in some considerable discomfort, but his whole gait reminded me of an old man with dodgy knees and hips hunched up in pain. He's said he'll play in the 150th Open, I'm wondering if that's where he'll follow in the footsteps of Nicklaus, Faldo and Watson (and JBB!) and call it a day on the Swilken Bridge.
We should campaign for two changes to golf

Allow the use of buggies

Start tournaments on a Sunday

Then both Rory and tiger would contend 🤣
Chicken Run Supreme

Congratulations JBB and thanks once again to Souly for organising this.

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:49 pm He's said he'll play in the 150th Open, I'm wondering if that's where he'll follow in the footsteps of Nicklaus, Faldo and Watson (and JBB!) and call it a day on the Swilken Bridge.
It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Tiger does play out his swan song at what he has called his favourite course. He played The Masters and will now head to St Andrews with nothing said of US Open or USPGA. To be fair to those two tournaments they are a distant 3rd and 4th behind the two biggies and it almost feels like he has chosen Augusta and the Old Course at St Andrews for his goodbyes. There can be no greater farewell picture than that taken on the Swilken Bridge.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

my only "regret" if you will that Tiger played this past weekend was, when I first started to listen to the leaders etc. etc. the headline (which I admit I DO understand) was that Tiger this, Tiger that, he made the cut..then about 5 minutes down the road (at that time) they "mentioned" that Im (was it) led the field and had shot -6.

all the news was about how Tiger was doing. I realise that it was a horrific injury had, but it WAS self inflicted in that he was speeding. now I think it's wonderful how he has come back, and there is absolute kudos for what he has brought to the game. how innovative he is, etc. etc. etc. and when really golf was looking for the next "Arnie or Jack" even though there were som really golfers (I have to admit not much knowledge as to every player who followed those two giants). he for sure will be missed when he retires. he has brought a load of godd to the sport. but there are loads of really good if not great golfers around and they got to be a byeline for this past weekend.

just mvho that is.

the poor sods who had been working their nads off to qualify or get into good playing condition came a distant second. which in effect as big a tournament as this is, and it, like West Ham, is MASSIVE ( :crylol:) meant that really until Sunday, it didn't really matter who else was playing.

that's not on him, that's down on the newsmedia who I think could have led off with the leaders and their respective scores and let that run into the Tiger story.

I fear that we're going to get the same coming up into the next one.