Season Tickets and digital ticketing

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mike1961
Total likes: 31 likes

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Post by mike1961 »

Jonny wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 am Trying to renew mine and my dads - problem is my dad is now OAP price - he won't be going to the games but I want to keep his ticket and priority points? Not sure if need to create a new account for my friend and see if they can transfer? Or do I just buy the OAP and chance it?
They allowed ticket transfer during (the first 2 years of Covid) but I'm guessing that is all over now. Did they transfer priority points? I suppose that is possible, but doesn't seem likely to me.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

mike1961 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:05 pm They allowed ticket transfer during (the first 2 years of Covid) but I'm guessing that is all over now. Did they transfer priority points? I suppose that is possible, but doesn't seem likely to me.
They don't transfer priority points and rightly so.
You could pay the reduced oap price and upgrade for each match maybe?
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Jonny wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 am Trying to renew mine and my dads - problem is my dad is now OAP price - he won't be going to the games but I want to keep his ticket and priority points? Not sure if need to create a new account for my friend and see if they can transfer? Or do I just buy the OAP and chance it?
Keep it in your dad's name, and just upgrade for each game that your mate goes to through the ticket office :thup:
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Deadline is the 7th June isn’t it?
stained

Post by stained »

Renewing my band 5 but only being offered 2 year option at £ 670, any bands 5’s being offered a 1 year ?
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

stained wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:28 pm Renewing my band 5 but only being offered 2 year option at £ 670, any bands 5’s being offered a 1 year ?
I’m band 5 and renewed for one year only, where about are you seated?
mushy

Post by mushy »

:arry:
stained wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:28 pm Renewing my band 5 but only being offered 2 year option at £ 670, any bands 5’s being offered a 1 year ?
Huh?
Is this two year option thing normal?
stained

Post by stained »

:fxd: We have seats in block 229 and 230 row 59 and all of us only have the 2 year option ? Will book a morning off and call the ticket office
E15Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by E15Iron »

stained wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:49 pm :fxd: We have seats in block 229 and 230 row 59 and all of us only have the 2 year option ? Will book a morning off and call the ticket office
Morning won't be enough, full day required,
mushy

Post by mushy »

stained wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:49 pm :fxd: We have seats in block 229 and 230 row 59 and all of us only have the 2 year option ? Will book a morning off and call the ticket office
Does this mean you have to pay for both seasons now?
Would look good on the accounts next season.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

In the 2nd season at the OS they started to increase the prices of season tickets just for Band 5. They gave you the option of paying the old price if you bought it for 2 seasons or if you only wanted one season then it was at the higher price.

Buying for 2 seasons make no difference to the profit and loss accounts - the revenue can only be shown in the profit and loss when a match has taken place. What it does do is it improves the cash balance and shows in the balance sheet under debtors as a pre-payment/accrued income. It's exactly the same as anyone that currently renews their season ticket before the Club's financial year end of 31st May. It's not shown as revenue this year - it will appear as revenue in next season's accounts.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:21 pm I had to pay a £50 deposit??
Maybe I heard it wrong, I'll ask when I see him
stained

Post by stained »

:grin: :scarfer: only waited 3 minutes for TO already notified Norris mcwhirter (by ouiji) it’s an age thing, you can purchase a 1 year if you ask nicely, bought a 2 year just because
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Wembley1966 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:27 pm In the 2nd season at the OS they started to increase the prices of season tickets just for Band 5. They gave you the option of paying the old price if you bought it for 2 seasons or if you only wanted one season then it was at the higher price.

Buying for 2 seasons make no difference to the profit and loss accounts - the revenue can only be shown in the profit and loss when a match has taken place. What it does do is it improves the cash balance and shows in the balance sheet under debtors as a pre-payment/accrued income. It's exactly the same as anyone that currently renews their season ticket before the Club's financial year end of 31st May. It's not shown as revenue this year - it will appear as revenue in next season's accounts.
Pretty much correct, apart from the cash received for season tickets will count as deferred income on the balance sheet, as you say until the match happened, it’s ‘earned’ and can be released from the balance sheet to profit & loss.

So as it’s deferred income it’s technically a liability for the club, rather than an asset. A liability as they still ‘owe a service’ I.e the match happening. Although the double entry of this is indeed an increase to cash which is an asset.
EastHam56
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by EastHam56 »

Renwed yesterday but I doubt if that will make sullivan rush out and buy a host of players
Swindon Iron
Has liked: 54 likes

Post by Swindon Iron »

Thinking of getting a season ticket for next season again for me and my boys, had one a couple of seasons ago but jacked it in as just didn't like being as high up in the upper tier as we were and struggled to get to half the games. signed up to priority list when giving it up as suspected I'd want to get one when the kids were a little older.

Should be able to do at least 75% of games next year and have got the email saying I can put down a deposit now but only gives bands without seeing what's currently available and its non refundable, £90 for the three of us.

Is there any way to see how much availability there is at the moment for band 2 anywhere in the lower tier?
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 354 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Swindon Iron wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:31 am Is there any way to see how much availability there is at the moment for band 2 anywhere in the lower tier?
Not until the renewal/relocation deadline has passed I'd imagine
Swindon Iron
Has liked: 54 likes

Post by Swindon Iron »

thought that was probably the case, seems odd to ask for a non refundable deposit based purely on banding.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

Got the deposit email earlier today, only joined the waiting list at the start of the year as going every week using the ticket exchange was costing a fortune for me and my boy, that waiting list of Brady's seems to have gone up in smoke!!

This may sound stupid but i never read the website when i paid the deposit but does the deposit come off of the season ticket price when you select your seats?
badgermax
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by badgermax »

I only joined the 'waiting list' about 2 months ago.

Yesterday, after reading this thread, I phoned up and tried to blag it but they wouldn't talk to me as I hadn't received an email.

Today I received my email invitation and called up and paid my deposit.

I registered my son at exactly the same time.....he's still waiting for his email, but they did let me reserve one for him too.

It feels quite random......I'm not entirely convinced there is an actual waiting list but well done GSB for getting another £10 off me.