Season Tickets and digital ticketing

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Post by AlfieG »

What does the Baroness do all day?

How very dare you.

She sits in her ivory tower sneeringly looking down on all those awful people who do not recognise her magnificent business accumen. :crylol:
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

The tech worked perfectly for me last season, bar the first game, when one turnstile had issues. Forwarding tickets on was easy too.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I preferred printing the pdf of on paper and using that.

But then I am a luddite who prefers having a paper boarding pass and also likes to print out all my insurance detais, hotel details, booking confirmations etc when I go away

I guess I will have to move with the times!
mike1961
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by mike1961 »

I foresee chaos outside the stadium for the first game when the new system fails to work as advertised. Fortunately I am away on holiday for that one!
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

West ham way !
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Post by danm79 »

Rio wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:26 am The tech worked perfectly for me last season, bar the first game, when one turnstile had issues. Forwarding tickets on was easy too.
We had the NFC for the last 8-10 games much better than the QR system and easier than ST cards
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Hope so as I am now a STH again. Last time 1988 !
Thought it was time !
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Watford 'Ammer wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:35 pm “A seasonal digital pass will only need to be downloaded once for the 2022/23 campaign and will replace existing Season Ticket access cards and paper tickets for all home fixtures, including all cup ties. An email will be sent to all Season Ticket Holders during the close season that includes all the information they need to download their seasonal digital pass

The Club is also conscious that a small number of Season Ticket Holders may not have access to a smartphone and we will continue to be inclusive and make sure we do everything we can to support all of our fans. Those Season Ticket Holders who do not have access to a smartphone will be able to request a physical Stadium access card with their photograph on ahead of the 2022/23 season. More information on how to request this will be sent directly to Season Ticket Holders via email during the close season”
That looks pretty much word for word what they put up last season except for now reading 2022/3 season (the original is 2021/22 is still up on site).
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Watford 'Ammer wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:35 pm “A seasonal digital pass will only need to be downloaded once for the 2022/23 campaign and will replace existing Season Ticket access cards and paper tickets for all home fixtures, including all cup ties. An email will be sent to all Season Ticket Holders during the close season that includes all the information they need to download their seasonal digital pass

The Club is also conscious that a small number of Season Ticket Holders may not have access to a smartphone and we will continue to be inclusive and make sure we do everything we can to support all of our fans. Those Season Ticket Holders who do not have access to a smartphone will be able to request a physical Stadium access card with their photograph on ahead of the 2022/23 season. More information on how to request this will be sent directly to Season Ticket Holders via email during the close season”
Thanks Watford. Does anyone know if Ticket Forwarding will be available this coming season?
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

Albie Beck wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:59 pm Thanks Watford. Does anyone know if Ticket Forwarding will be available this coming season?

Am fairly sure it will be, if the Liverpool model is anything to go by (installed last season) then you can forward to anyone in your network, there may well be a restriction on how many times you can do this though.
Also at Anfield they have a special turnstile for those without smart phones and use the old style plastic ticket. I believe you have to show ID that matches the name on your ticket though.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

What date can those who are on the priority list purchase their ticket? Next week?
jammys78
Total likes: 1 like

Post by jammys78 »

Do you think match tickets will be sent by email PDF like last season? Worked well.....
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

jammys78 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:56 am Do you think match tickets will be sent by email PDF like last season? Worked well.....
Jammys, have you read any of this thread over the last couple of pages?
jammys78
Total likes: 1 like

Post by jammys78 »

I will do.... Ticket forwarding should be open....
Swindon Iron
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Swindon Iron »

I decided against paying the non refundable deposit for the chance to have a season ticket as I expected the chance of being to secure three seats together in the area of the stadium I wanted was really low once i got the chance to choose seats.

Really surprised to receive an email with the subject "your last chance to become a season ticket holder" over the weekend stating I had a three hour window later this week to choose seats!

I will login during my allocated slot to see if there's any in areas I'd be interested in but very surprised with this as I had taken the message that, if you didn't pay the deposit, you wouldn't have a chance of picking up a season ticket.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

Happyhammer52 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:48 am What date can those who are on the priority list purchase their ticket? Next week?
If you paid the deposit then your window will correspond with whatever band you paid for
Band 4 today
Band 5 tomorrow
Band 5/6 Wednesday
Whatever is left in all bands there will be a 3 hour window on Thursday from 9:30am
Pentonville
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Pentonville »

I know that Brentford for one, will continue with ST’s physical cards for 22-23 season. No photo required for card. Nothing digital at all! This enables ST holders to hand over their card to family and friends if they can’t make it, this is actually promoted by the club. Plus they didn’t increase their ST prices for the new season, same price as when they were in the Championship! Can’t we have a bit of this sensible attitude at WHU?
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

mushy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:41 am Am fairly sure it will be, if the Liverpool model is anything to go by (installed last season) then you can forward to anyone in your network, there may well be a restriction on how many times you can do this though.
Also at Anfield they have a special turnstile for those without smart phones and use the old style plastic ticket. I believe you have to show ID that matches the name on your ticket though.
Thanks mushy :thup:

(finally been able to get in...) :nonpl:
Swindon Iron
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Swindon Iron »

screech wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:01 pm If you paid the deposit then your window will correspond with whatever band you paid for
Band 4 today
Band 5 tomorrow
Band 5/6 Wednesday
Whatever is left in all bands there will be a 3 hour window on Thursday from 9:30am
Ahh that makes sense, I've probably been offered the scraps on Thursday as a last chance for the tightwads who wouldn't pay the deposit blindly.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

A non refundable deposit doesn’t sound right… Odd idea.