Season Tickets and digital ticketing

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MilkyBarKid16
Total likes: 11 likes

Re: Season Tickets and digital ticketing

Post by MilkyBarKid16 »

Has anyone been emailed their tickets for the Newcastle game? FYI I'm not a season ticket holder.
Kiwi Iron II
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Kiwi Iron II »

I’m still waiting for my Newcastle tickets as well (not an ST holder)….on the phone to them now
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

The whole ticketing situation has got worse and must put a few fans off bothering. the NFC doesnt work properly and the emailed ticketing is hit and miss.
why is it so poor ? they tested NFC last season, apparently.
are other PL clubs having similar issues ?

crap system
Westcountry
Has liked: 304 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by Westcountry »

My Newcastle tickets have just come through this morning.
Kiwi Iron II
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Kiwi Iron II »

Apparently they have only just started sending the Newcastle tickets out block by block but should be finished today or tomorrow, my last ticket for a home match was printed on paper back in 1989 so I’m sure I’ll be holding people up at the digital gate….apologies in advance.

I’ve bought some more tickets to the FCSB game tomorrow to see if they’ll jog the Newcastle tickets along 🙂
mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 879 likes

Post by mushy »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:05 am The whole ticketing situation has got worse and must put a few fans off bothering. the NFC doesnt work properly and the emailed ticketing is hit and miss.
why is it so poor ? they tested NFC last season, apparently.
are other PL clubs having similar issues ?

crap system
Be interesting to see how many people are having issues with NFC, it does all seem a bit hit and miss.
However, I haven't heard anyone have a problem with showing the QR code and putting it in the scanner, have you done this hammerman?
Also what is the issue with emailing tickets? Doesn't seem to be much of a problem from what I can see, and you do realise that once you have used this option then youre NFC option will no longer work?
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

mushy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:48 am Also what is the issue with emailing tickets? Doesn't seem to be much of a problem from what I can see, and you do realise that once you have used this option then youre NFC option will no longer work?
Not sure what you're referring to here, mushy?

My mate bought our 3-game sets for the ECL. They were all sent to him, and he's emailed them to each of us individually (obviously only the FCSB ticket so far). I've uploaded mine to my phone through the link, but I've also printed a paper ticket which I'll take with me. Either will still work afaik.

I think, though, that H11 was referring to the hit-and-miss emailing out of the tickets by the club?
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

Albie Beck wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:33 am Not sure what you're referring to here, mushy?

My mate bought our 3-game sets for the ECL. They were all sent to him, and he's emailed them to each of us individually (obviously only the FCSB ticket so far). I've uploaded mine to my phone through the link, but I've also printed a paper ticket which I'll take with me. Either will still work afaik.

I think, though, that H11 was referring to the hit-and-miss emailing out of the tickets by the club?
Once you've used the download option for league games and received them by email, the NFC for that game will no longer work.
mushy

Post by mushy »

Albie Beck wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:33 am Not sure what you're referring to here, mushy?

Ok thanks Albie, I probably am wrong then.
I thought (from reading countless missives on the subject) that once you had emailed your ticket then it no longer worked on NFC.
I think I am confusing this with the option to forward tickets (which also involves an email I think).
Apologies all round for any misinformation.
mushy

Post by mushy »

Cottee wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:37 am Once you've used the download option for league games and received them by email, the NFC for that game will no longer work.
Yes, this was my understanding but I haven't personally tested it yet.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Cottee wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:37 am Once you've used the download option for league games and received them by email, the NFC for that game will no longer work.
mushy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:41 am Yes, this was my understanding but I haven't personally tested it yet.
Ah - sorry - I'd missed it was league games being referred to. It's me adding confusion!
mushy

Post by mushy »

This may account for the cases where NFC isn't working then. I assume from Hammermans posts that he downloads and prints his tickets then gets cross because the NFC doesn't work.
Can you confirm hammerman?
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

I've bought tickets for the Newcastle game for my son & grandson.
They have come as attachments to email or can be downloaded to apple wallets.
Is it OK just to print out the tickets which have barcode and not use a phone?
mike1961
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by mike1961 »

brownout wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:28 pm I've bought tickets for the Newcastle game for my son & grandson.
They have come as attachments to email or can be downloaded to apple wallets.
Is it OK just to print out the tickets which have barcode and not use a phone?
Yes, if you get an emailed ticket in an attachment (PDF). you can always print it out and use it as a paper ticket.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

:eyes: fir the PL matches I have them in my wallet and every game I cannot get in with the nfc open on the ticket. I then try the qr code and it works .

Euro games I have printed out and git in first time

So the nfc thing is clearly not working properly as I shoukd be able to get in

Will try again at Newcastle game . I am nit the only one in F gate as plenty others can't get in.

Awful system
BoleynInsider
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by BoleynInsider »

My old man is unable to come to the Newcastle game, has anyone had success with forwarding the KFC… or if that the whole point of this new system (that you can’t share tickets about)
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:13 pm :eyes: fir the PL matches I have them in my wallet and every game I cannot get in with the nfc open on the ticket. I then try the qr code and it works .

Will try again at Newcastle game . I am nit the only one in F gate as plenty others can't get in.

Awful system
At this stage would it not be less stressful for you to just get a card sent out? Takes all of the fuss out of things and I'd imagine you'll just use the same one next year and the year after...
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

BoleynInsider wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:17 pm My old man is unable to come to the Newcastle game, has anyone had success with forwarding the KFC… or if that the whole point of this new system (that you can’t share tickets about)
You just need to log in to the ticket office and click on Manage Tickets here...

Then you select the Newcastle ticket (it'll be the only one showing anyway) and then choose the Download Ticket option. Stupidly that sends you an email rather than downloading it straight away. Then it's exactly the same as last season - use the attached PDF ticket or add it to a wallet on your phone or forward the email to someone else to do the same.
mushy

Post by mushy »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:13 pm :eyes: fir the PL matches I have them in my wallet and every game I cannot get in with the nfc open on the ticket. I then try the qr code and it works .

Awful system
Awful system but one that allows you to get in quite easily using your QR code?
I wouldn't say that's ideal and NFC clearly needs looking at but it's hardly the end of the world. What does it cost you ? Maybe 10 seconds?
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

If i get emailed my tickets, can i just use the email on my phone?

I dont have a printer to print them out...