Season Tickets and digital ticketing

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mike1961
Total likes: 32 likes

Re: Season Tickets and digital ticketing

Post by mike1961 »

As I have been on holiday Spurs was my first game with the new system and the Apple wallet still showed the ManCity. Waving my phone around near in the Areader had no effect but steward person took the phone and reset one of the options in Apple Wallet and then it worked. The digital ticket still shows Spurs and hasn't updated to Newcastle yet. Forseeing problems I was more than an hour early and there was no holdup, but if stewards have to intervene for many people it's going to be a slow process getting into the ground. Does anyone know what the steward did to get it to work?

In the old days I just had to get to the street entrance of the Bobby Moore Upper 5 minutes before kick off and I would be in my seat in time ...
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

mike1961 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:18 am Does anyone know what the steward did to get it to work?
Maybe:
Albie Beck wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:44 am The Club's advice:

My Season Pass is showing as expired

Even if your pass is showing as expired in your phone's wallet, please be assured that it will still be valid for use.

You can attempt to move your pass into your phone wallet by following the below steps:

iPhone

Open settings on your device and unhide expired passes on your Wallet
Open your Apple Wallet app
Tap on "View Expired Passes" (you might need to scroll down if you have lots of passes in your wallet)
Select the relevant pass and refresh by pressing the three dots in the right hand corner
Now go back to the main Apple Wallet screen
Your pass should reappear

Android/Google

If your pass shows as “expired” then don’t worry, provided you do not sell it on Ticket Exchange or gift it via Ticket Share (Season Ticket Holders only), click on the “show details” button on your pass, then this will work on the turnstiles for the next game. Your pass is unique to you and your seat.

Please ensure you have enabled ‘tap and go’ within your settings for NFC on your mobile device.

For me the crucial bit with iPhone was the ... and refresh.
mike1961

Post by mike1961 »

Thanks, I have done all that on my iphone and it still shows the Spurs ticket although perhaps the bit I'm missing is "refresh" after the three dots ... how do I do that?
Touching Sock
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Touching Sock »

mike1961 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:33 am Thanks, I have done all that on my iphone and it still shows the Spurs ticket although perhaps the bit I'm missing is "refresh" after the three dots ... how do I do that?
Just 'pull' the screen down and it refreshes
whuben
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by whuben »

mike1961 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:18 am Does anyone know what the steward did to get it to work?

Open apple wallet app

Click on season ticket

Tap 3 dots, top right

Drag the screen down so it refreshes

Job done
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by steps »

Touching Sock wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:18 pm Just 'pull' the screen down and it refreshes
Nope. When I pull the screen down the ticket goes back into my wallet.

I have to go back to the original digital pass email from the club and add to Apple Wallet again. It’s the only way I can get the ticket to update.

So much for the auto update 7 days prior to the game that we were told would happen.
mike1961

Post by mike1961 »

OK, I have cracked it now! You do the downdrag when you see the little picture of the ticket and the the 4 options below. You have to do it before clicking on the < at the top left to go back to the main wallet screen.

This stuff is not intuitive (in my opinion). Thanks for helping me sort this out.
whuben
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by whuben »

steps wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:55 pm Nope. When I pull the screen down the ticket goes back into my wallet.

I have to go back to the original digital pass email from the club and add to Apple Wallet again. It’s the only way I can get the ticket to update.

So much for the auto update 7 days prior to the game that we were told would happen.
Are you going into the Apple wallet App itself?

It doesnt work when your just opening your wallet by double clicking the side

You need to go into the actual app, normally located on the first page of your apps, or search for wallet on your phone
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

My season ticket vanished just before the Spurs game.It was in my Apple wallet but now it has gone. I don’t use the wallet for anything else. However, you can just download your ticket and print it and that is what I’ll be doing in future. So much easier.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

Albie Beck wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:48 pm Has anyone received their download for the FCSB game yet?
Wembley1966 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:00 pm
They will probably wait until after Claret members and season tickets holders have the opportunity to buy alternate/additional seats in the next few minutes.
Still nothing for me... :?
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by ChzMff »

costa75 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:00 pm My season ticket vanished just before the Spurs game.It was in my Apple wallet but now it has gone. I don’t use the wallet for anything else. However, you can just download your ticket and print it and that is what I’ll be doing in future. So much easier.
Have you checked expired passes? That's where mine disappeared to. So far I have had to turn off and back on the automatic updates to refresh it for the next game.
Phil S
Has liked: 456 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

Albie Beck wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:03 pm Still nothing for me... :?
Mine arrived in my email inbox today
badgermax
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by badgermax »

two emails to different accounts received 40 mins apart
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

thursdays game arrived this afternoon via email. have added it to my wallet and printed it off to be safe !

this system is wearisome though.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

ChzMff wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:17 pm Have you checked expired passes? That's where mine disappeared to. So far I have had to turn off and back on the automatic updates to refresh it for the next game.
The expired ticket thing happened after the Man City game and before the Brighton game I followed the advice given and was able to get my Brighton ticket. This isn’t that. Now the season ticket itself is no longer there. Nothing is in the wallet at all. Not that I care as long as I can continue to download and print.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

Phil S wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:23 pm Mine arrived in my email inbox today
So did you buy the 3-game package or just a single ticket?

Is it a separate ticket (or season ticket for the package)?

I still haven't got mine.
Superhags2012
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Superhags2012 »

Albie Beck wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:52 am So did you buy the 3-game package or just a single ticket?

Is it a separate ticket (or season ticket for the package)?

I still haven't got mine.
I did the 3 game package and received a single ticket yesterday much like last season. Just bought a ticket for the game for a mate however and haven't received the ticket yet.
Watford Hammer
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Watford Hammer »

My email came through this morning. (I bought the 3 game package).
I click on the download to iPhone wallet link and it opens a google chrome page?
Not had that problem before. I have a season ticket that I have to refresh from the original e-mail for each game.
I bought a ticket for the Viborg game and that all worked ok when I got the email.
I see it says something about if you have a problem on android but I am iPhone.
Anyone else had that problem?
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

Thanks for the replies fellers - so they are still coming through in dribs and drabs. What a shambles...
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

Albie Beck wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:52 am I still haven't got mine.
And... as if they heard me, it arrives... now printed as well as uploaded to wallet.