Season Tickets and digital ticketing

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: Season Tickets and digital ticketing

Post by hammerman11 »

stressful enough supporrting west ham without this crap !
Julien Snow Bear
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Julien Snow Bear »

hammerman11 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:38 am stressful enough supporrting west ham without this crap !
What crap exactly? Your ticket was sent out to you yesterday afternoon and you have a copy of it printed out and ready to go (as well as the NFC version saved to your phone), 3 days before the match.

What's stressing you out exactly?
mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 878 likes

Post by mushy »

Watford Hammer wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:49 am My email came through this morning. (I bought the 3 game package).
I click on the download to iPhone wallet link and it opens a google chrome page?
Not had that problem before. I have a season ticket that I have to refresh from the original e-mail for each game.
I bought a ticket for the Viborg game and that all worked ok when I got the email.
I see it says something about if you have a problem on android but I am iPhone.
Anyone else had that problem?
It should give you the option in settings to make your wallet the default rather then Chrome.
mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 878 likes

Post by mushy »

Julien Snow Bear wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:01 pm

What's stressing you out exactly?
Am sure they'll be a long list.
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 256 likes

Post by steps »

whuben wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:53 pm Are you going into the Apple wallet App itself?

It doesnt work when your just opening your wallet by double clicking the side

You need to go into the actual app, normally located on the first page of your apps, or search for wallet on your phone
Yes going into Apple Wallet. When I select the ticket and pull down it goes back into the wallet. But when I pull down all tickets in the wallet at once they do spring back up in some sort of refresh motion (although there is no revolving wheel or anything to suggest it’s refreshing), is that how you do it?

I will try this method again after the Newcastle game.

But again, the club never said we’d have to do anything like this. It’s mostly been worked out by supporters sharing information amongst themselves.

It’s a crappy system imo.
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

Watford Hammer wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:49 am My email came through this morning. (I bought the 3 game package).
I click on the download to iPhone wallet link and it opens a google chrome page?
Not had that problem before. I have a season ticket that I have to refresh from the original e-mail for each game.
I bought a ticket for the Viborg game and that all worked ok when I got the email.
I see it says something about if you have a problem on android but I am iPhone.
Anyone else had that problem?
I've had this every single time I've added a ticket to my wallet from email. Just some sort of weird glitch, but it has never affected the ticket going into my wallet so I've never had to do anything else.
Watford Hammer
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Watford Hammer »

mushy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:39 pm It should give you the option in settings to make your wallet the default rather then Chrome.
Not quite sure what you mean Mushy.
Not had this problem before, when I have click on the Add to Apple Wallet Icon previously it does just that.
This time it just opens Google.

When you say settings, if I click on the 3 dots at the bottom of that Google home page and scroll down and open settings, amongst other things I can make Chrome my Default Browser (it already is) but can't see anything about Apple Wallet.

If I click on my phone settings can't see what you mean - as above my default browser is and has always been Chrome; I recall earlier on in this thread someone saying only worked if that was the case.

I can of course just print it off if necessary but rather seems to defeat the object
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

It is a crap system and not what the club said would happen. The reader should read your phone as you near the turnstile it doesn't. It should read your ticket when present to the reader It doesn't. You don't have to open your wallet for it to work , it doesn't.
3 matches I have had hassle getting in and had to revert to QR code

Paper ticket no problem last time, entered first time

No wonder there are queues ,as it doesn't work well enough

Crap system
whuben
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by whuben »

steps wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:55 pm Yes going into Apple Wallet. When I select the ticket and pull down it goes back into the wallet. But when I pull down all tickets in the wallet at once they do spring back up in some sort of refresh motion (although there is no revolving wheel or anything to suggest it’s refreshing), is that how you do it?

I will try this method again after the Newcastle game.

But again, the club never said we’d have to do anything like this. It’s mostly been worked out by supporters sharing information amongst themselves.

It’s a crappy system imo.
Are you tapping the 3 small dots top right of the screen to select just your season ticket? tap season ticket then tap 3 small dots, sounds like your trying to refresh your whole wallet.

If your doing it right you should see a QR code?
Watford Hammer

Post by Watford Hammer »

Watford Hammer wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:48 pm Not quite sure what you mean Mushy.
Not had this problem before, when I have click on the Add to Apple Wallet Icon previously it does just that.
This time it just opens Google.
I know the definition of madness and all that but have kept clicking on the Icon over the last few days and expecting a different result and ....
I've got a different result!!

I haven't changed anything in any of my settings as above but it has now downloaded to my wallet. I can only assume it was a software glitch either with my phone or the website.

I think I am also getting the same issuer as Steps with my season ticket -
The original download - City game was fine.
For the Brighton game it was in my expired tickets so I had to go to that and refresh.
Neither the Spuds or now Newcastle games were in my expired passes, I had to go back to the original e-mail and download it again for the new match to appear.
whuben

Post by whuben »

Watford Hammer wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:20 pm I know the definition of madness and all that but have kept clicking on the Icon over the last few days and expecting a different result and ....
I've got a different result!!

I haven't changed anything in any of my settings as above but it has now downloaded to my wallet. I can only assume it was a software glitch either with my phone or the website.

I think I am also getting the same issuer as Steps with my season ticket -
The original download - City game was fine.
For the Brighton game it was in my expired tickets so I had to go to that and refresh.
Neither the Spuds or now Newcastle games were in my expired passes, I had to go back to the original e-mail and download it again for the new match to appear.
open wallet APP, not the wallet itself

select season ticket

tap 3 dots top right

pull down screen to refresh
Watford Hammer

Post by Watford Hammer »

whuben wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:31 pm open wallet APP, not the wallet itself

select season ticket

tap 3 dots top right

pull down screen to refresh
In phone settings there is an option for Wallet & Apple Pay.
If I open that it only shows the the Payment Cards I have in there, nothing else.

In the wallet itself as well as bank cards I have my WHU tickets and my Covid Travel Pass
whuben

Post by whuben »

Watford Hammer wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:13 pm In phone settings there is an option for Wallet & Apple Pay.
If I open that it only shows the the Payment Cards I have in there, nothing else.

In the wallet itself as well as bank cards I have my WHU tickets and my Covid Travel Pass

It’s not in settings, it’s an app normally in the first page of your phone.

Anyway try this

Search on your phone for wallet

Select season ticket

Do you see 3 dots in top right of screen?
Watford Hammer

Post by Watford Hammer »

Thanks whuben.
What has confused me is when you talk about the Wallet App and the wallet itself. I know what the App is, What is the wallet itself?

Anyway, if I open the Wallet App there is my payment cards, my covid pass and at the moment I have the WHU v FCSB ticket (bought as part of 3 game package) and the Newcastle ticket which I had to download as explained previously by going back to the original email with my season ticket and downloading that again.

You say select season ticket, do you mean 'season' ticket because that has never been in my wallet, it is just the ticket for the next game.
If I open the Newcastle ticket which is currently in there and click on the three dots all the options are showing as green ie Automatic Updates, Allow Notifications, Suggest On Lock Screen and Automatic Selection. I have refreshed by pulling down screen as you suggest but had doe this previously also.

Not sure what else I can do but won't know until next game comes round if it is working ok.
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 256 likes

Post by steps »

whuben wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:53 pm Are you tapping the 3 small dots top right of the screen to select just your season ticket? tap season ticket then tap 3 small dots, sounds like your trying to refresh your whole wallet.

If your doing it right you should see a QR code?
No I wasn’t tapping the dots but just seen your other post so have got it now.

Will try it pre-Wolves game, cheers!
whuben

Post by whuben »

Watford Hammer wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:22 pm
If I open the Newcastle ticket which is currently in there and click on the three dots all the options are showing as green ie Automatic Updates, Allow Notifications, Suggest On Lock Screen and Automatic Selection. I have refreshed by pulling down screen as you suggest but had doe this previously also.

Not sure what else I can do but won't know until next game comes round if it is working ok.
Your in the right place.

After the Newcastle game go this point where all the options are green, and pull down on this page to refresh where you get the spiny wheel thing.

Alternatively on the same page that you are on, turn off then turn back on automatic updates

Both these methods will update your ticket for the next match
irongav
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by irongav »

this is hard work, trying to download ticket to wallet, never had a problem before, i wonder how many people will print their tickets off, get soaking wet on way to the ground and present what looks like a toddlers art work at the scanner, i know for sure my printer ink is not water proof Headbanger
Watford Hammer

Post by Watford Hammer »

Thanks whuben. I am with you now.
If my ticket doesn't download for next game (Wolves) I will try this way instead of going back to original email and downloading season ticket.
As others have said though, I thought it was meant to be automatic although by doing what you say perhaps that will reset it and it will work for future games.
I thought I was reasonably tech savvy.
Watford Hammer

Post by Watford Hammer »

irongav, are you referring to the ECL game on Thursday?
The fact you say you have never had the problem before makes me wonder if you are having the same problem as I had?

My email came through this morning. (I bought the 3 game package).

After 2 days of clicking on the link it eventually worked and downloaded to my wallet.
Shortly afterwards I received the text from the club reminding me to download my
NFC ticket. Co-incidence or was there a glitch that they were aware of and needed to fix before sending text?
irongav
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by irongav »

Yes watford. 3 game ticket thingy
i have now sorted it, gently persuaded my android with a lump hammer and it chose to add the ticket, this gets any more technical i think i may need an evening class in keeping up with technology or maybe get a tool belt to carry my lump hammer