Season Tickets and digital ticketing

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Re: Google Wallet help/advice

Post by goa127 »

Hermit_Road wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:42 pm Hi all

Advice please, and I'll try to keep it brief. I only have an Android and have downloaded and successfully used my season ticket using the new set up. I am overdue an upgrade and will probably again stick with Android but can anyone confirm that if once I've changed phones, can I simply download and log into Google Wallet and access my season ticket, or will this cause problems? I'm not a Mobile or IT geek so just asking before I even take up my free upgrade.

Cheers

[/quote

I've just done the same thing (upgrade) and transfered everything across no problem. Brighton ticket in the wallet already. Best transfer this summer!
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Re: Season Ticket Renewals - Please click link and sign petition

Post by Caribiron »

Albie Beck wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:59 pm Yeah, but won't the NFC open the turnstile anyway? So you won't know if the screen shot has actually worked or not?
Well...to my knowledge I haven't activated the NFC bit, just scanned the bar code, as that's tech that I do understand. Equally if I can use the barcode, then can quickly share the image if, for some reason I can't make it.

Of course I may have got it all wrong and it's the NFC that got me in 🤣
Johno86
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Re: Season Tickets and digital ticketing

Post by Johno86 »

Ive forwarded my brighton ticket to a mate, and I'm now showing the spurs ticket. Still no ticket for the euro game showing yet.
Captain Black
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Captain Black »

I believe the Euro game will be paper ticket to be printed off/barcode scanned etc (like last year)?? , separate email, so won't show on the phone like the other league games this season?

Think that's right?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

This is a crap system. my wallet shows my ST updated with the brighton game no sign of the euro ticket. my online account shows the euro game but under ticket management I have the brighton ticket ?

the whole thing is rubbish. the fear is I wont get in next thursday thats if I can even get there ! this nfc thing just makes the whole thing stressful and far from easy. I guess I will have to phone the ticket office next week re the euro ticket.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Captain Black wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:57 am I believe the Euro game will be paper ticket to be printed off/barcode scanned etc (like last year)?? , separate email, so won't show on the phone like the other league games this season?

Think that's right?
According to my confo email:

"Tickets purchased will be sent by digital method, approximately 7 days before the fixture shown above [ECL]".
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

the issue is that no one really knows with this so called easier system ! you dont know if you can get in and you dont know if you will receive your digital ticket. a right mess. I wonder how other clubs are getting on ?
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

Caribiron wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:42 am Well...to my knowledge I haven't activated the NFC bit, just scanned the bar code, as that's tech that I do understand. Equally if I can use the barcode, then can quickly share the image if, for some reason I can't make it.

Of course I may have got it all wrong and it's the NFC that got me in 🤣
From my anecdotal observations from Sunday, NFC is quite sensitive and also doesn't need any activation.
I witnessed people trying to insert the phones into the scanners to read QR/Barcodes but the light was already showing green so they didn't need to.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:35 am This is a crap system. my wallet shows my ST updated with the brighton game no sign of the euro ticket. my online account shows the euro game but under ticket management I have the brighton ticket ?

the whole thing is rubbish. the fear is I wont get in next thursday thats if I can even get there ! this nfc thing just makes the whole thing stressful and far from easy. I guess I will have to phone the ticket office next week re the euro ticket.
tickets for the Euro game just arrived for this in my email
printable or downloadable to phone

Same as last season
pbenjy
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by pbenjy »

mushy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:57 am
I witnessed people trying to insert the phones into the scanners to read QR/Barcodes but the light was already showing green so they didn't need to.
Yes. I saw the same. Some signs explaining to people what they are supposed to do when they get to the turnstile would have cut the queues. Presumably this will happen any way in future games as season ticket holders get the hang off it.
steps
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

ECL ticket came today in an email. Same format as last season - printable barcode or option to add to smartphone wallet.

Still no Brighton ticket yet as waiting for it to update. A few of my mates have done it by a method of unhiding the last ticket etc but I’m just going to leave it and see if it actually updates 7 days before the game as the club stated.
Caribiron
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

mushy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:57 am From my anecdotal observations from Sunday, NFC is quite sensitive and also doesn't need any activation.
Thanks Mushy, I'll do some digging to see if the NFC is live.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know how it works if you want to forward your ST seat to a junior for a match?

Two of us can't make the Brighton game, so a mate of mine wants our tickets so he can take his 9 year old kid instead. The 9 year old doesn't have a phone device in which to store a ticket. Can my mate (the dad) hold both phones on his ticket instead? And does the 9 year old still need a client reference number?
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

I have just bought 2 tickets for the Brighton game for friends. Can I print them off .my ticket is showing on my ST as is the other two tickets. I guess I can print 2 out ?
Watford Hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Watford Hammer »

I phoned the club about ticket forwarding as I wasn’t sure what a proposed recipient of a ticket needed to do to register so I could then forward a match ticket on to them if I or any of our group/network can’t go to a game.
I was told the easiest way of doing it was to go into my account, go to manage tickets and then to download the ticket.
That will generate an email with the ticket attached as a pdf. I assumed that email is sent to me and I can then either print off the ticket or send it on to someone for them to either print off or save to their wallet.
I think it is only the ticket for the next fixture that will appear in your account.
Don’t shoot the messenger, haven’t tried it yet just passing on what I was told.
Received my ticket for Viborg via email like we did last season. Have added to my apple wallet.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

I have purchased 2 extra tickets for the brighton game and tried to download them. error message came up saying cant send them to my email account! so am going to phone them on monday as this system is useless. people are busy and dont have hours to deal with football tickets. one thing I did note is that they always manage to take payment quickly !
I dont want to forward tickets just print them off
BoleynInsider
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 212 likes

Post by BoleynInsider »

Anyone else not received their Brighton ticket yet? Get a feeling it could be carnage at the turnstiles on Sunday if season tickets haven’t downloaded the new ticket before then!
fannyhump
Total likes: 1 like

Post by fannyhump »

I clicked on unhide re expired Man City ticket in wallet and then clicked on the 3 dots top right corner, closed the automatic updates etc and then opened them again and hey presto Brighton ticket uploaded! There maybe trouble ahead….
Tvirons77
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Tvirons77 »

BoleynInsider wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:35 pm Anyone else not received their Brighton ticket yet? Get a feeling it could be carnage at the turnstiles on Sunday if season tickets haven’t downloaded the new ticket before then!
My brother has forwarded his season ticket to me which I have accepted in my West Ham account but I’m still awaiting an email with the ticket to arrive, that seemed straight forward and it’s showing in my account but still no email.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Tvirons77 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:05 pm My brother has forwarded his season ticket to me which I have accepted in my West Ham account but I’m still awaiting an email with the ticket to arrive, that seemed straight forward and it’s showing in my account but still no email.
Is there a way in your account to get the email to re-send? (even if it didn't get sent in the first place :) )