Season Tickets and digital ticketing

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Post by hammerman11 »

I went online at 10am and have purchased my ST no hassle and straight forward for a change!

Much better than phoning up and being number 30 in the queue

One question I have , do they send you a card as I am a new season ticket holder ?

I was a member last season so do they add it to that ?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

No cards sadly. All tickets are digital on your phone, sent out in the days leading up to each game.
Igor_E7
Has liked: 1511 likes
Total likes: 266 likes

Post by Igor_E7 »

jammys78 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:49 pm Anyone on the waiting list been given a call or email yet?
I have not been so I called them to ask about it then they took my deposit and gave me slot to grab the ticket. Rubbish communication again.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:16 am I went online at 10am and have purchased my ST no hassle and straight forward for a change!

Much better than phoning up and being number 30 in the queue

One question I have , do they send you a card as I am a new season ticket holder ?

I was a member last season so do they add it to that ?
So when your window is open you can actually use the website now?
That's so much better to actually be able to see the stadium plan and whats available if so, as originally they said only over the phone.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:17 am No cards sadly. All tickets are digital on your phone, sent out in the days leading up to each game.
Not strictly true (unless they change it for the new season...)

The ticket is emailed to you as a PDF file. You can choose to upload it to your phone or if, like me, you have an aversion to being forced to do that, you can print off the PDF ticket and take a hard copy to the turnstile.

In my experience the hard copy is much more reliable than the version uploaded to the phone. I've been stuck behind loads of people who couldn't get the version on the phone to work, and they were then sent off to the ticket office to have a hard copy printed for them anyway. Not great when it's 15 mins to kick off :D
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Albie Beck wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:57 am Not strictly true (unless they change it for the new season...)

The ticket is emailed to you as a PDF file. You can choose to upload it to your phone or if, like me, you have an aversion to being forced to do that, you can print off the PDF ticket and take a hard copy to the turnstile.

In my experience the hard copy is much more reliable than the version uploaded to the phone. I've been stuck behind loads of people who couldn't get the version on the phone to work, and they were then sent off to the ticket office to have a hard copy printed for them anyway. Not great when it's 15 mins to kick off :D
So no plastic card then? :crylol:
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

Albie Beck wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:57 am Not strictly true (unless they change it for the new season...)

They're changing it this year, it'll be a single digital ticket to cover the whole season. They're making it as hard as they possibly can for anyone to pass tickets on to others.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:01 am

So no plastic card then? :crylol:
I would prefer them to be honest, but with the NFC tech that clubs are seemingly determined to introduce, they won't be doing that any more.

I will be resisting it as long as I can, because it is all about them controlling usage i.e. they want to block sharing s/tickets which is something a lot of people do.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

Cottee wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:06 am

They're changing it this year, it'll be a single digital ticket to cover the whole season. They're making it as hard as they possibly can for anyone to pass tickets on to others.
Sorry, saw this after my last post. That confirms our suspicions...
mike1961
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by mike1961 »

I found the digital ticket on the phone worked fine at the start of the season but towards the end it became increasingly unreliable. The issue seemed to be that you had to go via email to download the ticket and when near the stadium I just couldn't get in to my gmail account. (Earlier on I had downloaded the ticket to Apple Pay before getting near the stadium but then (for some unexplained reaso) that stopped working). Google Pay worked for a bit but then the gmail problem knocked that route out.)
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

mike1961 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:09 am I found the digital ticket on the phone worked fine at the start of the season but towards the end it became increasingly unreliable. ...
Also, I understand (but didn't do it) that the NFC trial involved presenting the phone to the scanner in a different way, which just compounded the chaos.
screech
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

I found last season that having the ticket on your phone in the pdf format then taking a screen shot of the barcode also worked, the same as using a printed off ticket but straight from your screen.
If they move to the same format used at Tottenham (is this the NFC mentioned above?) then you are required to have the ticket in your wallet as it seems to be a live QR that will only read when opened in your wallet, screen shots are not recognised at the turnstiles.
MJD22
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MJD22 »

I managed to get 2 season tickets in block 112 brought this morning without too much drama, although I had wanted to be in block 113 to be near friends. It looks like they have removed block 114 and joined part of 112 with 113 in the new West Stand design. Does anyone know if that's right?
Huggie
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Huggie »

Albie Beck wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:18 am Also, I understand (but didn't do it) that the NFC trial involved presenting the phone to the scanner in a different way, which just compounded the chaos.
NFC is perfect. Load in Google Pay and present phone to get access. Don't even need to unlock the phone. Couldn't be easier and much better than people folding printed tickets to try and get them to read the barcode.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

Huggie wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:31 pm NFC is perfect. Load in Google Pay and present phone to get access. Don't even need to unlock the phone. Couldn't be easier and much better than people folding printed tickets to try and get them to read the barcode.
Fine. You're all right then Jack.

What about the people who aren't savvy with tech? Or don't even have a smart phone?
Pentonville
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Pentonville »

Huggie wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:31 pm NFC is perfect. Load in Google Pay and present phone to get access. Don't even need to unlock the phone. Couldn't be easier and much better than people folding printed tickets to try and get them to read the barcode.
This reads like an ad. Clearly you’re happy to pass on all your personal digital data to the club, good luck to you.
A plastic ST card is as simple as it gets, no need to load anything.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

I guess we must move with the times. All PL clubs doing the same as us no doubt
Watford 'Ammer
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Watford 'Ammer »

This season you should be able to get a season ticket card if you want one. I believe the club will provide them to those who request them.

For those happy to use a smartphone NFC will be a big improvement. You don’t need to scan anything or hold the phone in a particular way to get it to read a barcode or QR code. Hold the phone near the reader and it’ll work - same as making a contactless payment in a shop.

Personally, I don’t carry a wallet or cash or cards. It suits me to be able to pay for everything / access everything by phone.

I would guess the majority of people will be comfortable using their phone in the same way they would for contactless payments - but the club should offer an alternative for those who are not. As long as you can request a card there won’t be an issue.
Watford 'Ammer
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Watford 'Ammer »

“A seasonal digital pass will only need to be downloaded once for the 2022/23 campaign and will replace existing Season Ticket access cards and paper tickets for all home fixtures, including all cup ties. An email will be sent to all Season Ticket Holders during the close season that includes all the information they need to download their seasonal digital pass

The Club is also conscious that a small number of Season Ticket Holders may not have access to a smartphone and we will continue to be inclusive and make sure we do everything we can to support all of our fans. Those Season Ticket Holders who do not have access to a smartphone will be able to request a physical Stadium access card with their photograph on ahead of the 2022/23 season. More information on how to request this will be sent directly to Season Ticket Holders via email during the close season”
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

seems fair enough. lets hope the new technology works as I still dont get a great wifi signal or mobile signal in the bowl. they really need to sort that out ! what does brady do all day ?