Chelsea 1-0 West Ham Utd (24/4/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Re: ⚽ Chelsea v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by 'stone hammer »

Korea Hammer wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:07 pm A good effort but let's be honest, Chelsea deserved to win.
Honestly, they didn't. They were sh*t, just like us. Draw would've been a fair result.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

They just beat our reserve team. Start full strength we win by a few goals
The hayfield
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by The hayfield »

Korea Hammer wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:07 pm A good effort but let's be honest, Chelsea deserved to win.
they didn't. but if it makes you happy to believe that good for you .
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

The hayfield wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:16 pm they didn't. but if it makes you happy to believe that good for you .
They had 26 shots to our 6. I’m a bit cheesed off with the red but let’s not pretend they wasn’t the better team.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

hammers92 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:19 pm They had 26 shots to our 6. I’m a bit cheesed off with the red but let’s not pretend they wasn’t the better team.
I feel like they had a tonne of speculative shots, that we forced them into making.
The hayfield
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by The hayfield »

hammers92 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:19 pm They had 26 shots to our 6. I’m a bit cheesed off with the red but let’s not pretend they wasn’t the better team.
you're opinion . I've got mine . 👍
It
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Croydon wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:20 pm I feel like they had a tonne of speculative shots, that we forced them into making.
Agreed, they were pony. Put us under the cosh for the last ten and nicked it. Point would have been a fair result, but they subbed on £150 million worth of talent and well we didn't. Seen us play a lot worse at the Bridge and come away with something.
Boleyn_Hammer
Has liked: 310 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Boleyn_Hammer »

Happyhammer52 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:27 pm Agreed, they were pony. Put us under the cosh for the last ten and nicked it. Point would have been a fair result, but they subbed on £150 million worth of talent and well we didn't. Seen us play a lot worse at the Bridge and come away with something.
I dunno mate, have you not seen what Dec is quoted as being worth? :winker:
The Straw
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

That tweet from the Premier League doesn't look good and I don't like the brand or what they've done to the competition. But isn't this just some jobsworth on the social media team trying to say it was a frantic finish? Either way, it's all very unappealing.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Didn't read much in this thread but surprised there isn't more criticism for Coufal for the red card. Absolutely bottled the header that led to it. Even if he just jumped with the bloke and put him off a little the flick on would have been less perfect and we might have been able to get it clear.

Instead it's a free header on the edge of our box and the attacker can put it wherever he wants.

Piss poor.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:26 pm Which wouldn’t have happened would it? As per usual though, why tell the truth with what happened when you can dig at Benny/Masuaku?
I don’t think Benrahma is anywhere near as bad as people want him to be. People like a maverick but don’t like it when that maverick is wasteful, therefore not really understanding the point of a maverick.

Masuaku, however, wow. He was absolutely appalling today.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

fjthegrey wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:48 pm Didn't read much in this thread but surprised there isn't more criticism for Coufal for the red card. Absolutely bottled the header that led to it. Even if he just jumped with the bloke and put him off a little the flick on would have been less perfect and we might have been able to get it clear.

Instead it's a free header on the edge of our box and the attacker can put it wherever he wants.

Piss poor.
Coufal has been sussed, I said it earlier in the season.

They’ve worked out he panics when in possession so just close his options and space, he gives it away almost every time.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:37 pm Was it really that other than a shake of hands? Anyone else at game back this up?
They had a big hug and looked like smiley words were exchanged. Something like "see you at the bridge next season" or the like.

Possibly.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

The Straw wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:40 pm That tweet from the Premier League doesn't look good and I don't like the brand or what they've done to the competition. But isn't this just some jobsworth on the social media team trying to say it was a frantic finish? Either way, it's all very unappealing.
They’ve just become as corrupt as the next levels at UEFA and FIFA, and simply don’t feel any need to care anymore. No doubt they’d laugh that tweet off, just like Scudamore telling everyone the Mancs failing to qualify for the Champions League is a disaster. The only competition they want is between the “ Top6” and from there add Real, Barca, Juve etc to the next level.
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

Billydinho wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:55 pm I don’t think Benrahma is anywhere near as bad as people want him to be. People like a maverick but don’t like it when that maverick is wasteful, therefore not really understanding the point of a maverick.

Masuaku, however, wow. He was absolutely appalling today.
I absolutely don't "want" him to be poor. I want him to stake his claim on that position. I think he could. I just don't think he thinks he could. I don't think he's nearly wasteful enough. I want to see him try to be the maverick more than he does. That's my issue with him.

And I agree about Arthur today. I didn't mention him because by and large his errors, and there were far too man to mention, didn't hurt us defensively. That, and the fact that he just hasn't played much football. Still, he needs to be replaced in the squad. He isn't good enough to be in this side anymore.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

That PL tweet is absolutely shocking, but at the same time not at all surprising.

In fact West Ham played the perfect game for them - stubborn resistance all match and then an action packed finish in which we did the right thing and lost.
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

S-H wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:51 pm Lukaku was going to go down whether Dawson touched him or not.
All the more reason why he had (He only knows) had a brainfart ALA Antonio et al. We really need to be at least "Drawing these games" if we;ve any intention of top 6 or 4 but..... it's West Ham and as per..... we won't in my lifetime (An old git at 60 who's been here many a time).
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Happyhammer52 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:27 pm Agreed, they were pony. Put us under the cosh for the last ten and nicked it. Point would have been a fair result, but they subbed on £150 million worth of talent and well we didn't. Seen us play a lot worse at the Bridge and come away with something.
Rice, Bowen & Lanzini probably not far short of £150million.
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

fjthegrey wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:48 pm Didn't read much in this thread but surprised there isn't more criticism for Coufal for the red card. Absolutely bottled the header that led to it. Even if he just jumped with the bloke and put him off a little the flick on would have been less perfect and we might have been able to get it clear.

Piss poor.
That lucky it's only a one game ban (I thought it wads a threestill does'nt excuse Dawson IMO and to be honest, he's lucky it's a one game ban. I thought it;d be a 3 and if so, he's deserved it, crap decision from Dawson.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Not in my world KH, they were shocking and as per for a 'big 6' got the (ahem!) 'rub of the green'.