Chelsea 1-0 West Ham Utd (24/4/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Re: ⚽ Chelsea v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by sutts07 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:07 pm Same thing happened against Southampton earlier in the season.

If the foul happens outside the box and then the player goes down inside then it's a free kick where the foul happened (e.g. a shove in the back outside the area and then the player goes down once they are in the box).

If the foul starts outside but continues into the box then it's a penalty (e.g. starting to pull someone's arm outside the area and then dragging them down by the arm once you're inside the box)

I think that's right. I'm too busy thinking about Thursday night to look it up :scarfer:
That is it for me. Dawson was still holding Lukaku as he entered the box.
Cresswell let go of Dembele before he entered the box against Lyon, so it was a free kick and a red. Dawson's at Chelsea should have been a pen and a yellow for me. We'd have seen the game out if he'd stayed on the pitch.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Yh I’m not having Chelsea deserved to win. They were **** against half a West Ham team.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1162 likes
Total likes: 674 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

King1968 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:06 pm Thought Arthur had a really good game yesterday, not a popular opinion but I would keep him as a squad player he gives us a threat going forward with his pace and I thought he was very good on the ball yesterday, we need a bigger squad next year as our small squad was never going to cope with injuries.
They say it’s about opinions, but surely some opinions are best thought rather than said out loud. He’s a nice bloke I am sure, but I’ll carry his bags when the time comes.
😉👍
woody
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by woody »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:43 pm Yh I’m not having Chelsea deserved to win. They were **** against half a West Ham team.
I’m no expert but I think someone might be pulling your plonker
Although it wouldn’t surprise me If they were serious I mean it’s the mighty Chelsea all they have to do is turn up to win just like the other big 6
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

Albie Beck wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:08 am We have had a few games now we "should have seen out". It's something we really need to do better. Being massive is not enough on its

Brentford Brighton Palace ManU Chelsea 7 points
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:57 am We should have seen out the game once they had missed it

Having ability to make five subs would have helped in that situation
Somewhat strengthens the case against five subs.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

I’m pretty sure the new rule is, if you make a genuine attempt to win the ball then you won’t be sent off, if you’re last man and give away a penalty. Dawson, although there wasn’t a huge amount of contact, was pulling Lukaku back rather than trying to win the ball, so a red card was correct. And I’m also pretty sure that it doesn’t matter where the contact starts but rather where it finishes, especially with incidents like pulling a player back.

Regardless, once the penalty was missed, we should (really) have still been able to see the game out for a draw even with ten men - game management, and conceding vital late goals, is something we need to work on for next season.