West Ham Utd 1-2 Arsenal (1/5/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

E15Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham United vs Arsenal: match thread

Post by E15Iron »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:01 pm Exactly as you did Oldun. Reckless and dangerous, Bowen did him a massive favour.
Bowen did himself a massive favour, if Ramsdale has caught his standing leg, he would have been carried off and likely in for surgery in the morning to repair a broken ankle/leg!
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Personally I think Dawson would have made the difference, certainly in both of the goals (he would have been all over Holding instead of Lanzini) where the back post was not properly marked. An experienced CD like Dawson would have marshalled the defence, possibly one of Zouma's few weaknesses or is that being harsh?
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1207 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Even if we go all the way in the EL ( :pray:), I honestly think I'm done with PL football.
Couple of years ago I'd have ridiculed the conspiracy theorists... more fool me.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Tenbury wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:12 am Even if we go all the way in the EL ( :pray:), I honestly think I'm done with PL football.
Couple of years ago I'd have ridiculed the conspiracy theorists... more fool me.
I'm thinking the same, even when we win I'm still annoyed by the cheating feigning injury, diving managers antics etc,
Nobles retirement will be mine as well
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Sky Sports got what they wanted yesterday. Now to f*ck them off, let’s try and finish 6th place above Man Utd. :newthumb:
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

funky chicken wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:36 am Sky Sports got what they wanted yesterday. Now to f*ck them off, let’s try and finish 6th place above Man Utd. :newthumb:
Unfortunately I think there is zero chance of that now.
The last hope now is that we somehow turn it round on Thursday.
Oh, and where are the posters who said I was talking bollox back in January when I said we had no chance of 4th and Arse would finish above us?
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

Premier league will get the top 6 scum in there rightful positions at the end of the season. I hate all the top 6 with a passion I hope they all piss off into another league. But saying that I bloody hope spurs don't get 4th I hate them the most .
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Sky aren’t great, but I actually think the BBC and their Salford obsessed and biased service is a lot lot worse.

Next season there’s likely to be over half the top flight based this side of Watford, but at least 50% of their content on a daily basis is absolutely obsessed with just Man City/Man Utd/Liverpool/Everton.

That’s a lot of top flight paying punters who couldn’t give a toss about Phill McNulty and his Anfield season ticket
Long Shot
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Long Shot »

There was a big shout for hand ball in the first half, VAR checked and nothing doing but was never replayed on my stream (probably because there was a lot going on in the game) anyone see it?
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

e17 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:27 am Sky aren’t great, but I actually think the BBC and their Salford obsessed and biased service is a lot lot worse.
BBC have gone in the same direction as Sky. It’s the big 6 clubs and the rest are just chop liver. I can’t remember the last time I watched Football Focus and they didn’t have at least 1 segment discussing 1 of the ‘Sky 6’. BT Sport are ‘okay’. Not great, but put a little more effort in.

That’s why I’d love for us to finish 6th. As if we do it for a 2nd season, they won’t be able to ignore it. Especially as we’d finish above 1 of their favourite 6 clubs for the 2nd successive season. And if we against all odds continue to keep finishing in the top 6-7 beyond this season the fickle media will soon change their stance. Like they did with Man City and the Spuds before they become relevant.
BoleynInsider
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 212 likes

Post by BoleynInsider »

To be honest I think the two games that have proved most costly this season are Man Utd home and away.

Mark Noble scores that penalty in injury time at ours, and Ryan Fredericks doesn’t have a brain fart in the 90th min at theirs and they would be 4pts worse off and us 2pts better.

Even drawing one of those games would have us above them on goal difference.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

In the cold light of day.

They are still cheating c****. If thats what it takes to win football matches when you have a billionaire owner, a big stadium, and a payroll north of £200m, count me out.

I can take lower league opposition behaving like that to level the field but for a club like Arsenal ?

Proud to sing their name?

Shameful
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

BoleynInsider wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:11 am To be honest I think the two games that have proved most costly this season are Man Utd home and away.

Mark Noble scores that penalty in injury time at ours, and Ryan Fredericks doesn’t have a brain fart in the 90th min at theirs and they would be 4pts worse off and us 2pts better.

Even drawing one of those games would have us above them on goal difference.
The 2 games against Man Utd and Leeds at home were damaging results.

But to be fair, we’ve had plenty of opportunities in other games we dropped points to make up for that if we defended better. Including this game against the Gooners.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

all the scum 6 clubs are the same. I include city now as since their money they are arrogant barstools as well. they all cheat and all moan like mad.
so they win all the time when the PL and referees are so biased.
we are too fair as a club. the other way round and fabianski would have been sent off as they arsenal cheats would surround the ref, arteta would be on the pitch waving his arms and their player would be still rolling around.
thank god mike dean is gone in a few games. how can you book someone for jumping out of the way of a reckless and dangerous challenge , studs up ? was bowen expected to take the hit and suffer injury ?
the so called spurs pundits and smith said he dived and a booking. souness at least said different.

PL has destroyed football.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

the pink palermo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:18 am In the cold light of day.

They are still cheating *****. If thats what it takes to win football matches when you have a billionaire owner, a big stadium, and a payroll north of £200m, count me out.

I can take lower league opposition behaving like that to level the field but for a club like Arsenal ?

Shameful
There's something almost shameful about being doubled by them.

In both matches, they manipulated the ref and pulled stunt after stunt.

And their prize? Looks like a place in the Europa League, to me. They've sold their souls, for a trip to Slovenia.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

:hammc:
prophet:marginal wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:36 am There's something almost shameful about being doubled by them.

And their prize? Looks like a place in the Europa League, to me. They've sold their souls, for a trip to Slovenia.
Given how heavily they borrowed in the summer, they'd be in all sorts of trouble if they didn't get European football. Ditto Spurs.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

prophet:marginal wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:36 am There's something almost shameful about being doubled by them.

All that cheating, and yet they could still be in the exact same Europa competition as us next season, if we finish 6th.

I hope it was all worth it for them! :D
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

the pink palermo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:18 am In the cold light of day.

They are still cheating *****. If thats what it takes to win football matches when you have a billionaire owner, a big stadium, and a payroll north of £200m, count me out.

Shameful
Arteta has installed the win at all costs approach and has literally no shame about how he gets that 4th spot.

I sincerely hope that he is not passing these methods on to the youth team... it's a terrible example for kids.
lincolnhammer1963
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by lincolnhammer1963 »

Would we be saying these things if we had won.
The players are all suffering burn out. We knew this would come the end of the season.
I commented at the turn of the year that top 6 was only realistic if we invested in at least 3 players.
Obviously that didn't happen and we have ended up juggling players to try and remain competitive.
One of the things I'm struggling with is the misuse or complete lack of trust in Kral and Vlasic.
Are they really that bad ?
We dont know because we never see them play.
I would also have been ok.with Mark Noble getting more game time.
It's too late to do anything about it now, but lessons have to learnt for next season.
We need to take the positives out of this season and improve on them next.
The Europa league is still not done, and you never what can happen in a cup game

Are we still massive?
Yes.

But not as massive as we were around November.
We were incredibly massive back then
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

No mention of Ramsdales attempt to take Bowens leg off on MOTD2. Didn't even ask the question, apparently if there is no contact then it's fine.

Any other player on that pitch and he gets a red card. If fir example, Zouma had dived in like that on Nketiah I'm sure it wouldn't be dismissed as a dive, just cos Nketiah jumps out the way?