West Ham Utd 2-2 Manchester City (15/5/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

asters89
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd vs Manchester City: match thread

Post by asters89 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:29 pm
My point is that they are such a steroid team that their fans surely must feel a bit of shame by now. They’re 20 points ahead of third. 32 points ahead of Man U who are in a Europa League spot. They’ve scored 23 more goals than the third placed team, 32 more than the fourth placed team. They won the league by 12 points last season, scoring more goals than anyone else and conceding fewer goals than anyone else.

It’s farcical.
If this Man City didn't exist, Liverpool win the quadruple this year and win league 2 out of the three seasons before that by 25+ points. At least we have a title race.

Their fans are a decent bunch on the whole (usual caveat about twitter idiots aside - same as any club) and from where I was sitting they seemed to give Noble a good reception. I don't begrudge them it too much, plus they have the annual champions league exit farce to keep them grounded...
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

asters89 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:50 pm If this Man City didn't exist, Liverpool win the quadruple this year and win league 2 out of the three seasons before that by 25+ points. At least we have a title race.

Their fans are a decent bunch on the whole (usual caveat about twitter idiots aside - same as any club) and from where I was sitting they seemed to give Noble a good reception. I don't begrudge them it too much, plus they have the annual champions league exit farce to keep them grounded...
Liverpool would deserve it a lot more. I hate them just like anyone else does but I can at least appreciate the generally more nuanced way they have built their team. There are obviously a couple of ridiculous figures in there, but even that was financed by selling Coutinho off.

Man City signing Haaland is the icing on top of the turd cake for me.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Manchester City
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136976
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

And that’s why I hate Man City just like the other teams.

Imagine that fanbase complaining about the game being unfair and full of cheating.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

You can definitely tell from those Citeh comments who was there when they were sh*te and the glory hunters.

The most amusing comment was the one who reckoned that VAR/refereeing was corrupt and a scam engineered to suit PL and TV companies!!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

"I thought West Ham were a bit embarrassing. 11 behind the ball in your last home game of the season."

:crylol:
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

JebusHcripesonabike.

West Ham playing to their strengths?
Players going down easy???
Ref giving them nothing??
Penalty saved should have been retaken
Player should have been sent off, etc etc. etc.
They ain't got a f***in clue have they?
If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny
That club needs bringing down a peg or two
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

prophet:marginal wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:11 pm "I thought West Ham were a bit embarrassing. 11 behind the ball in your last home game of the season."

:crylol:
Translated from football speak.....to English

"They made it really hard for us.....and I hated that"......"most teams roll over"....."was shatting myself at 2-0"

:winker:
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

asters89 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:50 pm Their fans are a decent bunch on the whole (usual caveat about twitter idiots aside - same as any club) and from where I was sitting they seemed to give Noble a good reception. I don't begrudge them it too much, plus they have the annual champions league exit farce to keep them grounded...
Agree with the fans. On occasions I've chatted to them, they come across okay.

I do wonder if their old school fans are getting a bit tired of it though, but I'm sure the glory hunters are loving it (like all of the top 4/6). Maybe a question Jim can answer.

I've said this before, but I remember when Chelski won the Europa League, lost to Citeh on penalties in The League Cup and finished top four in The League. My Chelsea supporting mate considered it a s**t season. I just shook my head and walked away.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

"Very poor refereeing from Taylor. Antonio should have been booked in the first half and told if he continued he would be sent off. He would have stopped his nonsense. **** player whose only edge is strength and okay pace. Walker would have laughed at him."
- dave_blue12

Was this moron watching the game or what? Some of the most questionable refereeing I've seen at our place this year and there's been plenty of competition!!
SkyBlue
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by SkyBlue »

City supporter and old bugger. I've liked West Ham ever since I saw (on MOTD) you beat Man Utd in an epic FA Cup semi-final on a mudbath at Hillsborough, 1964. And my uncle was a Preston fan and took me to Wembley for the final. But as much as I wish you well most of the time, the draw at the weekend means the possibility of another anxious final day for City like the one against QPR ten years ago, so I'd have been a lot happier if Mahrez had scored that penalty., Yes, I know, needing to win one game at home to Aston bloody Villa to be champions (again) is something I should be grateful for and could never have imagined when City were getting beaten by Bury and Wycombe Wanderers, but you've given me a bad few days to get through. Will forgive all that next Sunday if City go 3-0 up inside 15 minutes ...
bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

Was a game full of drama and emotion which is why football is the best sport on the planet.
I thought Coufal was fouled personally before their penalty was given, was I the only one to see this or did I imagine it?
Good send off for Mark Noble, he’s been a superb servant and best of luck to the fella in whatever he chooses to do next.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:34 pm "Very poor refereeing from Taylor. Antonio should have been booked in the first half and told if he continued he would be sent off. He would have stopped his nonsense. **** player whose only edge is strength and okay pace. Walker would have laughed at him."
- dave_blue12

Was this moron watching the game or what? Some of the most questionable refereeing I've seen at our place this year and there's been plenty of competition!!
This just goes to show that fans of all clubs have a persecution complex that the refs, media etc are against their particular club and in favour of others

It is driven by confirmation bias in the most part. All fans subconsciously mostly see/ recognise/ identify events that fit with their pre-existing beliefs, and ignore others
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Best social media content of every week has just started over on Twitter. Mainly putting this here so that I can find it easily tonight once Jack has finished his review of the game.

Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

To be honest I thought the OV was generally very fair with the majority of posters being quite complementary. Of course you get the few morons, but I must say fewer than usual on the OV.
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:29 pm And they scored 19 in their previous four prem games, whilst wedging in another 4 against Real Madrid.

We’ve played them well this season. How about the results in the London Stadium before that?

My point is that they are such a steroid team that their fans surely must feel a bit of shame by now. They’re 20 points ahead of third. 32 points ahead of Man U who are in a Europa League spot. They’ve scored 23 more goals than the third placed team, 32 more than the fourth placed team. They won the league by 12 points last season, scoring more goals than anyone else and conceding fewer goals than anyone else.

It’s farcical.
Yet that team in third spent £100 mill on a centre forward alongside the two they bought the season before for £125 mill.

It's undeniable that the money they have spent has been a massive advantage but not to the level they're at to those teams you mention considering they also have serious funds.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

bigcarpchaser wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:48 pm I thought Coufal was fouled personally before their penalty was given, was I the only one to see this or did I imagine it?
I saw it. Definitely looked like he could have been fouled, and if so that it was prior to the penalty incident.

Can guarantee that it wasn't even looked at.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

SkyBlue wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:43 pmBut as much as I wish you well most of the time, the draw at the weekend means the possibility of another anxious final day for City like the one against QPR ten years ago, so I'd have been a lot happier if Mahrez had scored that penalty.
Welcome to KUMB and good luck for this weekend Sky. I suspect the majority on here will be hoping for a Man City win.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

SkyBlue wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:43 pm Will forgive all that next Sunday if City go 3-0 up inside 15 minutes ...
I would think there is a good chance of this.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:33 pm Welcome to KUMB and good luck for this weekend Sky. I suspect the majority on here will be hoping for a Man City win.
What I really want to happen is for Villa to somehow beat City, but for Wolves to go up to Anfield and equalise with the last kick of the match.

Oh and for Real to tear 'em a new one, too, for good measure.

But welcome to the forum, nonetheless!