Europa Conference League 22-23

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 765 likes
Total likes: 3503 likes

Re: Europa Conference League 22-23

Post by Up the Junction »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:03 am Coufal
Source, please.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4276 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Up the Junction wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:14 pm Source, please.
https://www.sport.cz/clanek/fotbal-repr ... nu-4068072
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1675 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Has there ever been a debate that the solution to the crisis can be an impulse in the form of a new coach and, logically, the departure of the experienced David Moyes?

I can't say from my position, I don't sit on the board. This is a question for our future owner (entrepreneur Daniel Křetínský, editor's note).

"future owner" does Coufal know something we don't?
JohnnyLyall
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by JohnnyLyall »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:59 pm Has there ever been a debate that the solution to the crisis can be an impulse in the form of a new coach and, logically, the departure of the experienced David Moyes?

I can't say from my position, I don't sit on the board. This is a question for our future owner (entrepreneur Daniel Křetínský, editor's note).

"future owner" does Coufal know something we don't?
That's an editor's note that it's Kretinsky, he never said it. Though it gives hope it will be happening whoever it is :fxd:
mjustincredible
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

TommyHammer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:55 am 4k will go down to about 20 points I reckon, possibly lower.
Wish you were right there Tommy - I would say will only go as low as 30 points on only 4k allocation - how much is that 4k taken from bond holders and corporates where everyone of them becomes a top fan again when at a final.
Sitting on 24 points personally I wouldn't hold out much hope but you never know I guess. Let's get their 1st! :hammb:
TommyHammer
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 575 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

mjustincredible wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:32 pm Wish you were right there Tommy - I would say will only go as low as 30 points on only 4k allocation - how much is that 4k taken from bond holders and corporates where everyone of them becomes a top fan again when at a final.
Sitting on 24 points personally I wouldn't hold out much hope but you never know I guess. Let's get their 1st! :hammb:
I think you should compare it to how in-demand the likes of Seville, Lyon and Frankfurt were. All were big allocations and from memory went quite low.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

hammerddh wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:43 am Has the ballot opened yet ?
Good question. I'm slightly concerned there isn't one for this final! The public ballots for the CL and EL finals are both on the UEFA site already but no sign of one for this competition.

I know last year they confirmed tickets for the Europa League final between the QF and SF.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

mjustincredible wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:32 pm Wish you were right there Tommy - I would say will only go as low as 30 points on only 4k allocation - how much is that 4k taken from bond holders and corporates where everyone of them becomes a top fan again when at a final.
i'm on 23 and I will be amazed if final tickets get that low
Jumping for joy but utterly shocked
Pyrmont2000

Post by Pyrmont2000 »

Had a look on uefa and there was no ballot for the final last year. 8500 tickets were put on general sale and it was first come first served https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferen ... l-tickets/
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 300 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

Not a chance final tickets drop into the 20s.

I’m also not sure we will receive as many as 4K tickets
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 678 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

BobbyMooreLower wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:39 pm Not a chance final tickets drop into the 20s.

I’m also not sure we will receive as many as 4K tickets
Tempted to just be there for the atmosphere in the city.

1000s of hammers in Prague in the summer would be quality!
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:27 am
I have mentioned this I think at least once before on this forum that I do wonder if we’re doing the same as Frankfurt. I.e. saying b*llocks to the league and going all out for glory in Europe. The players came so close last season, I wouldn’t be surprised if this competition has been on their minds ever since.
In what way do you think the players might be saying b*llocks to the league, Funky? By consciously not putting as much effort into league games?

I can see a few of them might be slightly distracted, and certainly becoming increasingly excited and focused on Europe, but I don't buy that they've been shirking from domestic duties. Especially as our Conference League games until now have been fairly straightforward.

Unless you mean they'll start prioritising Europe from this point forwards.

As a related aside, didn't Moyes himself say Europe is the main priority?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

It's silly optimism, no doubt, but might we now click, at least integrate a little better, now that competition for places in the ECL 11 increases with

Cornet back in contention, and

Fornals and Lanzini offering what they did in the home match vs AEK?

I'd love to see Areola play as many games as he can, out of the maximum 17 remaining; get the back line in step with him and, as I say, something might just click. Declan won't want to let the high of last night's experience just dissipate.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

prophet:marginal wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:32 pm It's silly optimism, no doubt, but might we now click, at least integrate a little better, now that competition for places in the ECL 11 increases with

Cornet back in contention, and

Fornals and Lanzini offering what they did in the home match vs AEK?

I'd love to see Areola play as many games as he can, out of the maximum 17 remaining; get the back line in step with him and, as I say, something might just click. Declan won't want to let the high of last night's experience just dissipate.
If we can get a good return from these three league games, then we’ve really got something.

Squad is about as close to fit and uninjured as you’re realistically likely to get. The teams left in the competition - whilst challenging for sure - are not insurmountable.

The squad also has genuine depth that we didn’t have at this time last season.

It felt like we were running on empty last year. This time it feels like our best football might be ahead of us and other teams may underestimate us due to the league table.
mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 877 likes

Post by mushy »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:36 pm If we can get a good return from these three league games, then we’ve really got something.

Squad is about as close to fit and uninjured as you’re realistically likely to get. The teams left in the competition - whilst challenging for sure - are not insurmountable.

The squad also has genuine depth that we didn’t have at this time last season.

It felt like we were running on empty last year. This time it feels like our best football might be ahead of us and other teams may underestimate us due to the league table.
I think that sounds about right Aztec.
Nice post.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

I do still think - and have posted elsewhere - that we are suffering the Thursday-Sunday issue that various other clubs have suffered before. Form really does take a hit with this schedule, Gawd knows why but it does.

Hopefully as Aztec says, we have a squad better able to cope than last season, but we do need to keep the faith with the squad and the manager. All of us.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Can't blame ecl games on our poor form all season. Being positive I have a feeling we are going to finish strongly
miles
This site...
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 421 likes

Post by miles »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:10 pm
Wasn't winning the Cup, they were just ecstatic to have avoided relegation to Serie B. :)
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

miles wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:01 am Wasn't winning the Cup, they were just ecstatic to have avoided relegation to Serie B. :)
Is it not much different than the Intertoto final? Nothing to "Rave" about, a trophy yes, but in name only.