Europa Conference League 22-23

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Re: Europa Conference League 22-23

Post by Billydinho »

My second child is due 26th May which rules me out of being in Prague.

That 100% guarantees we’re getting there.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:51 pm I hope this benefits us.

Let everyone think we are rubbish.
Indeed, in fact I would suggest the lads that have played in the ECL games would probably have done a better job in the Prem anyway.

Oh no, here comes that hopeful optimism again
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Verschaeren of Anderlecht done his cruciate yesterday.

Being their best player, that firmly cements AZ as favourites for their tie you’d think.

AZ’s best player looks to be Jesper Karlsson. Scored some worldies for them recently off the left wing and scored again for them yesterday in their loss.

Of course, we need to focus on Gent first and foremost anyway.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Billydinho wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:06 pm My second child is due 26th May which rules me out of being in Prague.

The final is on 7 June so you’ll be fine to fly out. :winker:
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:54 pm Verschaeren of Anderlecht done his cruciate yesterday.

Being their best player, that firmly cements AZ as favourites for their tie you’d think.

AZ’s best player looks to be Jesper Karlsson. Scored some worldies for them recently off the left wing and scored again for them yesterday in their loss.

Of course, we need to focus on Gent first and foremost anyway.
Him and Pavlidis are the danger men for AZ. Without looking fully into it, I would imagine that a very high % of AZ goals are either scored or assisted by them 2.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

hammers92 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:56 pm The final is on 7 June so you’ll be fine to fly out. :winker:
Already working on that…
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Coufal:

Then there is another big event. The Conference League final is played in Eden at the beginning of June, West Ham are currently in the quarter-finals of this competition. How big of a challenge is it to fight your way to Prague, even considering your Slavic past?

"Huge, the biggest this season. We're in trouble, but it could end up being an amazing vintage. It doesn't matter if you finish twelfth in the league, the main thing is to be at least seventeen. If we win the Conference League on top of that, it will be an amazing season and everyone will forget what happened in the Premier League. In addition, next year we would automatically be in the Europa League."

There is no need to talk about motivation.

"Exactly, she's huge. The finale in Eden is an imaginary cherry on top. Me, Tomáš Souček and everyone else will do our best for it. Lift the cup over your head in Prague, with West Ham, in front of your wife, children, family? A life goal for me."
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:03 am "Exactly, she's huge. The finale in Eden is an imaginary cherry on top. Me, Tomáš Souček and everyone else will do our best for it. Lift the cup over your head in Prague, with West Ham, in front of your wife, children, family? A life goal for me."
I love this guy, really hope he gets that early form back. His mate Tommy too. They were both quality in their first season.
Will never forget him coming over to us all in Frankfurt at the final whistle, not one f**k given.

As for his comments, hard to disagree. 12th place and a win in that competition would be a pretty decent vintage all told.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

12th and our first trophy for 43 years would be fantastic and yet some turn their noses up at the ECL !

hopefully coufal doesnt get injured playing this week as we need him at RB because the alternatives are not good !
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:03 am Coufal:"Huge, the biggest this season. We're in trouble, but it could end up being an amazing vintage. It doesn't matter if you finish twelfth in the league, the main thing is to be at least seventeen. If we win the Conference League on top of that, it will be an amazing season and everyone will forget what happened in the Premier League. In addition, next year we would automatically be in the Europa League."
This part particularly interests me as I’ve been wondering all season whether quite a few of the players in the squad, especially the ones that were here last season for our Europa League run, have been sharing the opinion.

I’m not excusing the poor performances in the league this season. It really hasn’t been great for the majority of it. But what he’s saying to some degree is right. Just look at the Europa League winners last season who finished in the dizzy heights of 11th in Bundesliga.

I have mentioned this I think at least once before on this forum that I do wonder if we’re doing the same as Frankfurt. I.e. saying b*llocks to the league and going all out for glory in Europe. The players came so close last season, I wouldn’t be surprised if this competition has been on their minds ever since.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we need to get safe first before we say b*llocks to the league !
browney83
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by browney83 »

Tickets for the final (if we get there) will be an absolute bun fight....how many do people think each club will get? 3k? Maybe 3.5k?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

browney83 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:24 am Tickets for the final (if we get there) will be an absolute bun fight....how many do people think each club will get? 3k? Maybe 3.5k?
About that. 4k at the most.

Best not to worry about it unless you're part of the group that do virtually every away day. Focus energies on finding the best travel routes and making as many applications as possible to the UEFA ballot.
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

Billydinho wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:06 pm My second child is due 26th May which rules me out of being in Prague.

Little ones first away ?
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 am About that. 4k at the most.

Best not to worry about it unless you're part of the group that do virtually every away day. Focus energies on finding the best travel routes and making as many applications as possible to the UEFA ballot.
Has the ballot opened yet ?
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

It appears Gent’s allocation for the London Stadium is already sold out!

https://twitter.com/kaagent/status/1638 ... arB8L-lMeA

Hope our supporters do the same for both legs.
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 am About that. 4k at the most.

That's exactly what I done last year. Got every single person in my phone contact list to apply for Europa League tickets via the UEFA Ballot. Must have had near 100 applications all in all & 1 got lucky. Unfortunately Aaron Cresswell had other ideas, so ended up selling it to a Rangers fan.
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

hammerddh wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:43 am Has the ballot opened yet ?
It hasn't yet. Last year it opened at the end of April with the results published just before the semi's
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

4k will go down to about 20 points I reckon, possibly lower.
Boleyn_Hammer
Has liked: 310 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Boleyn_Hammer »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:46 am It appears Gent’s allocation for the London Stadium is already sold out!

Hope our supporters do the same for both legs.
Would help if the online eticketing website was working. Missed the deadline to purchase my season ticket seat as was on holiday, not when I try to log on to get a ticket keep getting met with an error 403 message, been like it for days.