Alan White (YES)RIP

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

OFT
Has liked: 3189 likes
Total likes: 1831 likes

Alan White (YES)RIP

Post by OFT »

Alan White (YES) RIP

Not everyones cuppa I know but worth mentioning the passing of Alan White who played drums on 'Imagine' and then with Yes for 50 years having jumped in when Bill Bruford left, a hot seat indeed.. Just 72.

Music and film having a very bad run recently
Rowly
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Re: Alan White (YES)RIP

Post by Rowly »

Bloody hell I thought you meant the Oasis drummer brother of former longtime Style Council / Weller sideman Steve for a minute there! :shock:
OFT

Post by OFT »

Rowly wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:55 am Bloody hell I thought you meant the Oasis drummer brother of former longtime Style Council / Weller sideman Steve for a minute there! :shock:
Tha's why it reads Alan White(YES) to make clear who I mean . Clearly your alternative Alan White's passing would be equally sad but it wouldn't mean as much to me so I'd refrain from making comment
:wink:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Sad news and another unexpected one. Bloke played with Billy Fury as well as the Plastic Ono Band ffs! Lots of evidence on YT of his talent with Yes. Go look at And You and I. RIP
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

OFT wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:40 pm Tha's why it reads Alan White(YES) to make clear who I mean . Clearly your alternative Alan White's passing would be equally sad but it wouldn't mean as much to me so I'd refrain from making comment
:wink:
His name was Steve White, OFT. :newthumb:
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

I'm not a Yes fan at all, but I am huge fan of Alan White's drumming on Lennon/Ono's "Instant Karma (We All Shine On" and that includes you Alan).
OFT

Post by OFT »

Samba wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:49 am His name was Steve White, OFT. :newthumb:
I thought he meant the former Oasis drummer of the same name. Perhaps, as a huge fan of YES I over-reacted, but I'm sure you get my drift.
Ultimately I was simply marking the passing of a man with a huge career in music .
Cheers Samba
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

OFT wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:00 am I thought he meant the former Oasis drummer of the same name. Perhaps, as a huge fan of YES I over-reacted, but I'm sure you get my drift.
Ultimately I was simply marking the passing of a man with a huge career in music .
Cheers Samba
No, you were quite right all along, OFT. It was just me being a bit dense again!
And good for you marking his passing. :newthumb: