'26 cities announced

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

'26 cities announced

Post by WCpete »

San Francisco/Bay Area, which is great news. Bad news is games would be played at Levi's Stadium which is a ****hole of a stadium, in a hellacious location.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1537274564685615105?s=20
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: '26 cities announced

Post by Thekorean »

Levis Stadium is 40 miles away from San Francisco. But it is right next to San Jose, which is served by BA I believe. Anyone flying from UK should fly to San Jose and stay at San Jose instead.

Gillette Stadium is 30 miles outside Boston. There's only one train line that goes there and it doesn't run aside from Patriots games.

ATT Stadium I think is about 25 miles from Arlington. Only way to get there is by car. Not joking. No buses, no trains.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Wasn’t complaining about the distance from San Francisco, but that it’s in the middle of a corporate park right next to an amusement ground. Parking is a nightmare there and public transportation from SF and the east bay is awful. I do not exaggerate when I say it took me 3 hours to get out of a parking garage there once. Went to see Real Madrid v Man Utd in one of those pre season friendlies. It took 2 hours to back the car out of the spot, that’s about 7 meters mind you, and one hour to get out of the building. Then another 40 minutes to get to the freeway. And the stadium itself is a soulless dump. Better option than Stanford I guess, but maybe not. I never had issues with Stanford.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1337 likes
Total likes: 949 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

I saw this on BBC Sport and was gonna start a thread but thought I'd be met with a chorus of boos as this year's WC hasn't started yet.

:smiler: