How Do You See The League Shaping Up?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

How Do You See The League Shaping Up?

Post by Shabu »

Apologies if this has been asked recently. I went back three pages & saw nowt.

Who do you think will be the top four, euro contenders, mid table & relegation battle boys?

Man City & Liverpool were miles ahead of the others last season but Chelsea will be looking to bounce back. Spurs will have a full pre season with Conte & Arsenal finished the season strong & have a young developing squad. f*** knows how Man Utd are going to go :lol:

In the pack hoping to sneak into 5th, 6th & 7th will be us, Newcastle, Leicester, Wolves & maybe Brighton who finished the season on fire. Palace also looking up rather than down.

Can Frank do anything with Evertons bloated squad? Which of the promoted teams will finish top half & will Fulham swap places with Norwich again.

Here's my random predictions on league places.

Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
------------------
Chelsea
West Ham
------------------
Newcastle
------------------
Man Utd
Palace
Brighton
Bournemouth
Wolves
Villa
Leicester
Brentford
Fulham
Everton
-----------------
Southampton
Leeds
Notts Forest
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Re: How Do You See The League Shaping Up?

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

can't disagree too much with what you've said..but with a caveat.

Chelsea really need two CB's. if they can get them, Kounde being one, Chalobah maybe for depth but they need a CL quality player. they have Sarr also who looked decent last season.

ManU needs almost a whole new midfield and someone not named Ronaldo up front.

Newcastle seem to be struggling to get anyone over the line but have aleardy spent 90M in Jan

depending on how the window ends up, were we to sign some more quality players, specifically a LB, cover for Rice/Soucek and a new CF I think we could be making a real good run at 5th. I don't see us breaking into the top 4. too much money going on there.

Arsenal are gagging to spend money, but have Arteta. but they well might win in spite of him.

Spurs did well with and since Conte joined and I see them strengthening as well. they like us though have to spend sometihing like 60 plus M just to stand still, but seem like they're prepared to.

big window for lots of teams to be honest. also the big teams with big players will have them all at the WC so more chance of injury and/or fatigue.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Think Liverpool are really going to miss Mane. Could see them slipping back.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:00 pm Think Liverpool are really going to miss Mane. Could see them slipping back.
depending on how long the new bloke takes to fit in, maybe they won't miss him.

thay have Diaz they bought in January who has already had 6 months to fit in and looks a cracking player...effectively on the face of it, more or less what they got him for Mane.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I won’t predict where we finish until I see how our transfer business shapes up. If we at least strengthen defensively then I think we’ll finish no worse than 7th again. Failure to do so then I expect us to fall away like Wolves and Leicester did after 2 consecutive finishes in the top 7 and won’t have European football beyond next season.

Man City and Liverpool will be in the top 2 again. And unfortunately I think the Spuds will overtake Chelsea to finish as the 3rd place team. I expect those 3 teams to finish comfortably ahead of the teams below.

Man Utd I think will be about the same as they were last season. And I think the Gooners will do no better than a Europa League place. In terms of points they’ll be a lot further away from 4th than they were last season. Chelsea, as long as they strengthen will be the favourites to nab the final 4th Champions League spot. But I have a feeling it’s not an entirely happy camp there, with how they ended last season. Tuchel is my early prediction for the 1st manager to be sacked. Especially now they have a new owner. Eddie Howe I also think will be under the cosh if Newcastle don’t start the season well.

My 3 to go down are: Fulham, who’ll be next season's Norwich, Bournemouth who’ll be next season’s Watford and I think Brentford will suffer a second season syndrome.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:05 pm depending on how long the new bloke takes to fit in, maybe they won't miss him.

thay have Diaz they bought in January who has already had 6 months to fit in and looks a cracking player...effectively on the face of it, more or less what they got him for Mane.
True. I just felt that mane had developed into their best player. People go on about Salah, but Mane was always a real focal point.
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

Man City
Spors
Arsenal
Liverpool
------------------
Chelsea
Manchester United
------------------
Newcastle
------------------
Aston Villa
Palace
West Ham United
Bournemouth
Wolves
Brighton
Leicester
Brentford
Forest
Everton
-----------------
Southampton
Leeds
Fulham
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:30 pm True. I just felt that mane had developed into their best player. People go on about Salah, but Mane was always a real focal point.
I think they're going to change the way that they play a bit.

they've always played without a true 9 but Nunez is a 9. he'll now be the focal point pretty much about how they play.

think we'll see both them and City now dump the false 9 somewhat, depending on of course, but I think with Nunez and Haaland at times they'll both be able to go more directly. team won't be able to play a really high line against them as both Haaland and Nunez have the speed to for both teams to be able to go more "over the top."

we'll see though. don't think that either City or the Bin Dippers will take long to change their style of play, I don't think that either of the new lads will have to adapt to a slowly slowly possession all of the time. Pep had Lewandowski in Munich so I don't think he'll take too long to unpack his Bayern notes and implement them at the Etihad.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:37 pm I think they're going to change the way that they play a bit.

they've always played without a true 9 but Nunez is a 9. he'll now be the focal point pretty much about how they play.

think we'll see both them and City now dump the false 9 somewhat, depending on of course, but I think with Nunez and Haaland at times they'll both be able to go more directly. team won't be able to play a really high line against them as both Haaland and Nunez have the speed to for both teams to be able to go more "over the top."

we'll see though. don't think that either City or the Bin Dippers will take long to change their style of play, I don't think that either of the new lads will have to adapt to a slowly slowly possession all of the time. Pep had Lewandowski in Munich so I don't think he'll take too long to unpack his Bayern notes and implement them at the Etihad.
Will be interesting to see if Klopp can pull it off. He gets all the praise going, but I think Pep’s teams are much harder to play against. I can see Man City winning it at a canter as Liverpool fall back.

Man Utd could actually be the dark horses here.

I see us getting better only to stand relatively still. Winning the Europa Conference should be our biggest target I think.
Wormley The 2nd
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Wormley The 2nd »

Liverpool
Man City
Spurs
Man Utd

Chelsea
Arsenal

Aston Villa

Newcastle
Brighton
West Ham
Leicester
Wolves
Leeds
Southampton
Brentford
Everton
Fulham

Crystal Palace
Nottingham Forest
Bournemouth
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Wormley The 2nd wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:49 pm Liverpool
Man City
Spurs
Man Utd

Chelsea
Arsenal

Aston Villa

Newcastle
Brighton
West Ham
Leicester
Wolves
Leeds
Southampton
Brentford
Everton
Fulham

Crystal Palace
Nottingham Forest
Bournemouth
No way Villa are ending up that high! I would swap us for Villa.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1192 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Man City
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea
------------------
West Ham
Arsenal
------------------
Man Utd
------------------
Villa
Newcastle
Leicester
Palace
Wolves
Brighton
Everton
Brentford
Soton
Bournemouth
-----------------
Fulham
Leeds
Notts Forest

That’s mine.

Many City at a stroll. Spurs stronger. I think we will be stronger and closer to the top 4.

I think Fulham and Forest will be really lightweight. I think Leeds will change their manager early doors but ultimately won’t survive.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Southampton were fortunate to rack up enough points in the earlier stages of last season to not actually feel in any direct danger, but I reckon they're the weakest surviving team, possibly with Leeds at their shoulders. Everton need to have a proper re-think, but I think Lampard will do enough to make 11-14th. Brentford losing Eriksen for their 'second season' may be harsh.

The reality, really, is that the three promoted clubs are the three most likely to go down, unless they can either make some careful signings to actually revamp an area of a team that is used to not getting beat (in the fizz) or happen upon a form of play that gives them a great start to the first 19 games and insulates them, like Soton last time around, from the drop.

Maybe one of those three, imho, will survive. Still personally a little surprised that Bournemouth's lot have been left untouched by sanctions, but whatever.

A decent season for any of

1. Newcastle
2. Palace
3. Leicester,
4. Brighton and
5. Wolves

is finishing 7th, displacing us from the 4+2+1 deal in terms of continental club competition. I don't think we are doing anything like enough in the window (or over recent ones) to suggest that we're even aiming to finish in the top 4

Conte is going to keep Spurs on a generally successful path and probably get them into 3rd

Off the cuff

City
Spurs
Liverpool
Man United
--------------
Chelsea
West Ham
Arsenal
---------------
Palace
Leicester
Wolves
----------
Brighton
Villa
Newcastle
Everton
Fulham
Leeds
Brentford

Forest
Southampton
Bournemouth
Portland Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Portland Hammer »

Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
------------------
Spurs
Arsenal
------------------
West Ham
------------------
Villa
Newcastle
Leicester
Wolves
Palace
Brighton
Leeds
Everton
Soton
Bournemouth
-----------------
Fulham
Brentford
Notts Forest
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Hopefully we'll stay up.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I think Arsenal will have a very good season if they nab Jesus and Raphinha, eughh.

Chelsea are the big unknowns right now. They have a lot of work to do on their defence, as it is I can honestly seeing them in a fight for top 6 rather than top 4.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Think Man Utd will finish bottom half.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

West Ham :hammc:
M
E
H
P
I
N
T
O
F
B
O
T
H
E
R
E
D
waynepin
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by waynepin »

city should win the league they are stronger than last season and liverpool minus mane are weaker, spurs arsenal and chelsea will have their moments but not push them, then its between us man utd and leicester, brighton and palace will be midtable with villa, relegation i expect two of the three who came up to go back down, I would love to see forest stay up but dont think they will, leeds for me going down with forest and fulham
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Man City
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea
--------
Arsenal
Man Utd
----------
West Ham
-----------
Leicester