How Do You See The League Shaping Up?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Re: How Do You See The League Shaping Up?

Post by bubbles1966 »

Man City, Liverpool, Spurs top 3.

At least two of the promoted teams go back down.

Us? Bubble burst in the league - back to normal. Think we will have a good go at the conference mind, and maybe one of the cups.
Rozzop
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 111 likes

Post by Rozzop »

Man Utd top 4?

Have you seen their squad?

They will be lucky to be midtable
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Man City
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
------------------
Spurs/West Ham United (We could sneak above, but probably finish below)
------------------
Newcastle
------------------
Arsenal
Wolves
Leicester
Brighton
Everton
Aston Villa
Leeds
Palace
Southampton
Brentford
-----------------
Bournemouth
Forest
Fulham

Think either Gerrard or Lampard will have a bad season that sees them get the sack
Viera will have a sophomore slump
West Ham will be better, but struggle to improve in terms of league position.
Arteta is going to get sacked.
BrumHammer
Has liked: 3549 likes
Total likes: 595 likes

Post by BrumHammer »

Assuming we do reasonably well the rest of the window (like having a 2nd striker, backup cm :lol: ) then I think we'll be able to challenge for 6th again. It would be 3 seasons in a row if we did :shock:

Top 4 relies on teams continuing to have shockers, and us being nearly flawless (with playing in Europe too hopefully).

Edit: rest of league, eh, probably Man City and Liverpool at top, promoted teams at bottom, if we're top half I don't care :scarfer: now how much can I get paid on Sky Sports for these stunning opinions?
IronHammer1
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by IronHammer1 »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:56 pm Man City
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
------------------
Spurs/West Ham United (We could sneak above, but probably finish below)
------------------
Newcastle
------------------
Arsenal
Wolves
Leicester
Brighton
Everton
Aston Villa
Leeds
Palace
Southampton
Brentford
-----------------
Bournemouth
Forest
Fulham

Think either Gerrard or Lampard will have a bad season that sees them get the sack
Viera will have a sophomore slump
West Ham will be better, but struggle to improve in terms of league position.
Arteta is going to get sacked.
Manu conceded 57 goals last season vs 26 GA both Liverpool & Citeh, 2nd place what are you basing that of?
For the same reasons I agree with you with WH I think we can shave 10 goals from last season (51 GA) and really challenge for 4th specially if we sign a defensively sound LB
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

IronHammer1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:02 pm Manu conceded 57 goals last season vs 26 GA both Liverpool & Citeh, 2nd place what are you basing that of?
For the same reasons I agree with you with WH I think we can shave 10 goals from last season (51 GA) and really challenge for 4th specially if we sign a defensively sound LB
Man Utd dramatically underperformed relative to their resources. They have a new manager seen as one of the best out there. They will invest and strengthen and can concentrate on the league while other clubs are focused on the Champions League.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

I think Man C will be in a race by themselves. It'll be between Newcastle and Man Useless for 7th. Cooper will do ok.

Man City

Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
--------
West Ham
Arsenal
----------
Man Utd/Newcastle
-----------
Wolves
Leicester
Brighton
Villa
Palace
Brentford
Forest
Everton
Bournemouth
------------
Southampton
Leeds
Fulham
e17
Has liked: 291 likes
Total likes: 975 likes

Post by e17 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:05 pm depending on how long the new bloke takes to fit in, maybe they won't miss him.

thay have Diaz they bought in January who has already had 6 months to fit in and looks a cracking player...effectively on the face of it, more or less what they got him for Mane.
Diaz looks exceptional so far
e17
Has liked: 291 likes
Total likes: 975 likes

Post by e17 »

S-H wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:15 pm Hopefully we'll stay up.
I’d settle for 15th if we won a cup
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Surprised so many are writing Man Utd off. They had a beyond abysmal season and were fifth. Ten Haag has been preparing for months now after leaving Ajax early.
WoodvaleOne
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by WoodvaleOne »

Appreciate the post is about Premiership placings but we should go all out in the cups. Win one of those and we guaranteed European football yet again plus a lot of happy punters.
We won't get near the Champions League spots nor will we get relegated. So concentrate on the cups.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

WoodvaleOne wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:01 pm Appreciate the post is about Premiership placings but we should go all out in the cups. Win one of those and we guaranteed European football yet again plus a lot of happy punters.
We won't get near the Champions League spots nor will we get relegated. So concentrate on the cups.
For me the priorities would be:
Europa Conference
League
FA Cup.
That other cup!
Rozzop

Post by Rozzop »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:09 pm Surprised so many are writing Man Utd off. They had a beyond abysmal season and were fifth. Ten Haag has been preparing for months now after leaving Ajax early.
They did well to finish 5th. Basket case of a club with toxic personalities

Unless they bring in virtually 7 or 8 first team players they will be midtable

Ten Haag only successful at Ajax, biggest club in Holland, playing one way, one formation throughout all age groups and heavily dependant on youth.

That won't work at United.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Rozzop wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:24 pm They did well to finish 5th. Basket case of a club with toxic personalities

Unless they bring in virtually 7 or 8 first team players they will be midtable

Ten Haag only successful at Ajax, biggest club in Holland, playing one way, one formation throughout all age groups and heavily dependant on youth.

That won't work at United.
He is bringing in five or six players. They have a very strong squad, but the coaching and overall planning has been abysmal since Ferguson left. Getting a new CEO and manager will be a big impetus.
Rozzop

Post by Rozzop »

:fingerl:
Ironing Board wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:32 pm He is bringing in five or six players. They have a very strong squad, but the coaching and overall planning has been abysmal since Ferguson left. Getting a new CEO and manager will be a big impetus.
"very strong squad"

Who?

38 year old Ronaldo? Bruno? De Gea? Sancho who hasnt performed yet.

Thats it.

Rest wouldn't look out of place at Palace.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Rozzop wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:36 pm :fingerl:

"very strong squad"

Who?

38 year old Ronaldo? Bruno? De Gea? Sancho who hasnt performed yet.

Thats it.

Rest wouldn't look out of place at Palace.
Maguire Wan-Bissaka, Shaw, Rashford. They have a lot of guys who could do well with good coaching and management.
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by Kermit »

WoodvaleOne wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:01 pm Appreciate the post is about Premiership placings but we should go all out in the cups. Win one of those and we guaranteed European football yet again plus a lot of happy punters.
Sorry, but how on earth do you "concentrate on the cups" ? Do you mean play your strongest possible team ? Or do the reverse of the normal process and rest key players in League matches before cup ties ? The domestic cups are a lottery in which the luck of the draw plays a massive part. If memory serves we drew both Manchester clubs and Spurs in the Mickey Mouse cup last season and, on the other side of the coin drew Kidderminster (even though we almost managed to balls it up) and Southampton (which we did manage to balls up) in the F A Cup.

Europe's a bit easier to target because at least you get a second chance , with the games being over 2 legs, if you screw up the first game.

But to answer the question about the league. I don't see anyone challenging Manchester City. Liverpool will follow them past the post and the other two CL spots will be between Spurs and an assortment of clubs with , depending on how in one case a new manager and the other a new ownership influence things, Manchester United and Chelsea as favourites with Arsenal huffing and puffing behind them. All of which has a depressingly familiar, and predictable, feel to it.

Us ? Unfortunately I think our style has been sussed. I think we'll still be hard to beat but unless we improve at the creative end of the team, which for me involves giving Fornals the opportunity to play in his best role, and get a reliable proper main striker, I can see us falling short again tbh.

But it wouldn't be the first time I've got things wrong and doubt it will be the least. :wink:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I'll come back to this once the transfer window has closed.
Tezza65
Has liked: 1951 likes
Total likes: 600 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:05 pm depending on how long the new bloke takes to fit in, maybe they won't miss him.

thay have Diaz they bought in January who has already had 6 months to fit in and looks a cracking player...effectively on the face of it, more or less what they got him for Mane.
Funny though,since Diaz has come into the team in January,Salah had been dreadful.
ArtieTheIron
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ArtieTheIron »

I have a sneaking suspicion that Arteta will finally get the sack this season. Dunno why.