PSF: Servette FC 0-2 West Ham Utd (8/7/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Copper Bottom
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Re: West Ham United v Servette FC: match thread

Post by Copper Bottom »

WCpete wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:33 pm He looks surprisingly small for a CB. I don't recall thinking that last season. Same height as Antonio. Not that it matters too much. Just caught me by surprise.
According to Transfermarket Antonio is 12 cm shorter than Alese (5'11" vs 6'3).
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

Bond Holder 59 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:38 pm Just said u23 league now u21?
I think (Hopefully) he don't have a clue what he's on about! Under 21s? FFS he must feel that he'd be better off on loan, even to a Lge 1 outfit.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Copper Bottom wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:40 pm According to Transfermarket Antonio is 12 cm shorter than Alese (5'11" vs 6'3).
Fair enough. I gauging by them standing next to each other after the goal.
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Home fans are up for it, more noise than usual for a pre season friendly
painter pete
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by painter pete »

Defence needs a kick up the backside at HT ffs. Complacent as hell. Sort it out moyes
Hermit_Road

Post by Hermit_Road »

Benrahma so easily dispossed and almost cost a goal. Got a feeling maybe he don't want/care to be here next season.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Servette giving Fabianski a good workout. Or at least the woodwork a good workout. Nice play from them.
painter pete

Post by painter pete »

Hermit_Road wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:40 pm I think (Hopefully) he don't have a clue what he's on about! Under 21s? FFS he must feel that he'd be better off on loan, even to a Lge 1 outfit.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathleti ... 5/%3famp=1
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Lovely little KFC sponsor on the shorts of these lads
Hermit_Road

Post by Hermit_Road »

Twice we've nearly conceeded (Cheaply too) and not sure who, but a while back a KUMBer did say that these are typical ELConf opponents, If so, we can't be making such hard work of these, friendly or not!
painter pete

Post by painter pete »

The Premier League have announced that the Premier League 2 will become an Under-21 competition from next season.

Previously, the upper age limit for clubs’ reserve sides was 23. However, the Elite Player Performance Plan, intended to develop more home grown players, has decided to lower the boundary by two years.

The competition is intended to smooth the transition between academy and first-team football.

To help clubs with the transition, the number of over-age outfield players permitted has been raised from three to five.

Manchester City are the reigning Premier League 2 champions, having won the league over West Ham United by six points last season.

A Premier League statement said: “From the start of the 2022-23 season, Premier League 2 will become an under-21 competition.

“The amendment to the age limit, which was previously under-23, has been introduced as part of an ongoing review of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) to better align with the EFL Trophy and international competitions.

“The rule change is designed to reflect the reality of the players in the competition, whose average is currently 19.

“The aim is to continue providing opportunities for the best young players to play alongside and against older and more experienced players
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

He’s never been a burner but it does feel like ever since some point in the middle of last season, Benrahma’s pace has gone off a cliff.

Seems the case again in this first half, he’s getting beaten across any distance by pretty much everyone.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:47 pm He’s never been a burner but it does feel like ever since some point in the middle of last season, Benrahma’s pace has gone off a cliff.

Seems the case again in this first half, he’s getting beaten across any distance by pretty much everyone.
Its great that you've judged that on 45 mins of first game back pre season football bro, players used to come back 2 stone heavier :crylol:
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1161 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Thanks for that. Had not heard. Makes sense in the context of home grown potential. Slightly Older prospects will have to take their chance a bit earlier going forward.
Wee or get off the pot as they say.
😬
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Chavs wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:49 pm Its great that you've judged that on 45 mins of first game back pre season football bro, players used to come back 2 stone heavier :crylol:
Didn’t read the first part where I said since about the middle of last season?
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

Hermit_Road wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:45 pm Twice we've nearly conceeded (Cheaply too) and not sure who, but a while back a KUMBer did say that these are typical ELConf opponents, If so, we can't be making such hard work of these, friendly or not!
It's about fitness and only fitness! :asleep:
Last edited by SiamHammer on Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chigwellhammer
Has liked: 9 likes

Post by chigwellhammer »

Covs,tidy,wanting the ball and some nice forward passing x
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1161 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:47 pm He’s never been a burner but it does feel like ever since some point in the middle of last season, Benrahma’s pace has gone off a cliff.

Blimey, I almost feel obliged to sledge Cresswell. Are we going at them full pelt already? I’m only just back from pre season. My anger isn’t match fit.
🤓
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Nothing seems to have changed since last season. We still can't cope with being pressed, we still can't pass to each other, and Benny's first touch is over there somewhere. I hope Downes' passing statistics translate to the Premier League, we need someone who can find a team mate.
Hermit_Road

Post by Hermit_Road »

painter pete wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:46 pm The Premier League have announced that the Premier League 2 will become an Under-21 competition from next season.

Previously, the upper age limit for clubs’ reserve sides was 23. However, the Elite Player Performance Plan, intended to develop more home grown players, has decided to lower the boundary by two years.

The competition is intended to smooth the transition between academy and first-team football.

To help clubs with the transition, the number of over-age outfield players permitted has been raised from three to five.

Manchester City are the reigning Premier League 2 champions, having won the league over West Ham United by six points last season.

A Premier League statement said: “From the start of the 2022-23 season, Premier League 2 will become an under-21 competition.

“The amendment to the age limit, which was previously under-23, has been introduced as part of an ongoing review of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) to better align with the EFL Trophy and international competitions.

“The rule change is designed to reflect the reality of the players in the competition, whose average is currently 19.

“The aim is to continue providing opportunities for the best young players to play alongside and against older and more experienced players
Cheers for that. I wasn't aware and unable to research much as no internet and BT Hotspots are actually not Hot. I'm just glad my IT provider are paying as it's their fault. My main point is, I feel that Okoflex needs either more chances in 1st team (Bit parts I mean) or at least be loaned out with guaranteed game time. He's obviously got talent that needs development as opposed to his confidence being drained.