Women's Euro 2022

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Re: Women's Euro 2022

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Mullhull wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:02 am I wonder how the crowds will be outside of a tournament. England have to be contenders for the World Cup now, Weigman won the Euros with the Netherlands and come second in the following World Cup.

the US ladies team are a different breed it seems but not invincible and after the last World Cup where they mocked us after scoring (Typical Yank in sports right? Gracious isn't a word in their vocabulary) I hope we stuff them in the next tournament.
65,000 sold for the USA game already and about 6-8k people in the queue still for tickets. Cheap entry but it's all about momentum. Should try to get this one shown on a terrestrial channel as well.
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Re: Women's Euro 2022

Post by Mullhull »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:08 am 65,000 sold for the USA game already and about 6-8k people in the queue still for tickets. Cheap entry but it's all about momentum. Should try to get this one shown on a terrestrial channel as well.
I'm really pleased to hear it, I hope the womens game really kicks on in this country. There is no reason why it shouldn't and winning the Euros has given lots of young girls in this country and beyond (I saw a post from some female Irish footballers calling it a watershed moment) the belief they really can do whatever they dream of.

I'll be keeping an eye on the games going forward that's for sure. I watched the last World Cup loosely but watched every single England game at the Euros.