Divin Mubama

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Re: Divin Mubama

Post by funky chicken »

We may have found a younger version of Michail Antonio from our own academy! :D Technically not the best, but works incredibly hard closing down, can hold the ball up reasonably well and has a goal in him, no matter how scrappy it is.

A very cheeky finish for his 1st senior goal.
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by 1966 »

A 17 year old scores his first senior goal for us, and in Europe too and a minority amongst us put the lad down.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

1966 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:01 am A 17 year old scores his first senior goal for us, and in Europe too and a minority amongst us put the lad down.
Who was that then? I’ve not seen anyone on this thread at least say anything to ‘put the lad down’.
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

1966 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:01 am A 17 year old scores his first senior goal for us, and in Europe too and a minority amongst us put the lad down.
They did? Was this at the game?
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

The natural heir to Antonio. Kid looks good to me.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

His movement and instincts appear to be a lot better than you usually get with Academy strikers. I'm not saying he's Jermain Defoe of course but from the bits and pieces we've seen, he looks to have potentially have that fundamental movement and link-play you need. I also think he looks bigger than when he first played for us. Physically he is built like a senior player. His touch also looks much improved from his first showings.

These are really good signs of a young player who is actually improving.

No idea about the finishing yet, but if he can develop and improve that like he seems to have done with his all-around game, he's got a good chance with us.

His attitude and personality is fantastic from what I can tell. Would love for him to be our very own Harry Kane one day!
Long Shot
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Long Shot »

Now I know how to pronounce his name I feel much better :smile:

Big lad for his age so seems a good fit if Moyse is looking for a fast lump that knows how to hit the back of the net. Wonder if he'll get more time with the seniors before next season

Could be a Divin intervention if scores a late winner or two between now and the end of this campaign
Southminster Hammer
Has liked: 315 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Southminster Hammer »

Such a great night for him, his family and the club, he must have worked hard over the years to get himself into this situation. Looks like he has a great attitude and workrate, also side note, Potts Jnr and Laing looked very comfortable and enjoyed themselves, bet Stevie Potts was beaming seeing another son play for West Ham!
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 411 likes

Post by PF. »

Doesn’t matter much; but he’s 18.

Lovely seeing an academy graduate score and well done that man. I bet he’s over the moon, the smile on his face when he scored was lovely to see.

Scarles obviously another to watch.

Well done Academy, keep that machine rolling.
Penfold711
Has liked: 2074 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Penfold711 »

Not ready to be a starter yet for the first team, imo, but the lad does show a lot of promise. He made some good runs last night, took up some good positions, and showed a real striker's instinct for his goal last night. I do hope he gets the opportunity to get a few more ten & fifteen-minute cameos before the end of the season, which will give a better idea of his readiness for the PL next season. I can also see him being a natural replacement for Antonio with the added bonus of being a natural goalscorer.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

With football as it is now, and with us lot bickering about Moyes it was lovely just to see a young kid grab his first goal and be so happy about it. Pure joy, and that's what football can be, was just lovely to see. Good on you Divin, keep working hard and enjoying your development :crestnew: :scarfer:
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

As was said in the match thread, a penny for the thoughts of Perkins and Ashby after that.

I really hope he kicks on now. Will be great to see the likes of him, Potts etc become established first team squad members.

Great stuff !
master
Has liked: 3220 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by master »

Movement is terrific. Has a proper strikers instinct.
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

There's still some joy in the game :newthumb:
Mullhull
Has liked: 328 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Who needs Sonny Perkins?

We've got Divin, pleased for the lad. I liked Potts as well last nice he was very comfortable.

Earthy and Scarles next please!
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Well done cous :muscle:
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1372 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

He may never have got the chance but whatever happens in his career, he can always say " I scored a goal for West Ham United. "

Hopefully he'll stay, develop and become a powerhouse up front.

I'd love to have a pint with him just to ask him how it felt when he scored.

Ten years at the club from the age of 8.

:crest:
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

Still very early days but he looks like he might have a chance of making the step. Hopefully he can prove himself to be good enough as our third striker option from the bench over the next 18 months or so.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Loved his energy when he came on. Stuff like that can lift the crowd. A bit wild with the chasing and got booked for it but he'll learn. Reminded me of how Frankie Mac used to run down defenders. Frankie energy and Cottee finishing. Great stuff.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

He's got something. Probably won't be good enough for us when all is said and done but for a big guy he looks more agile and mobile than you'd expect and he clearly has a goalscorers instinct.

Usually I look at our youth team players when they get a chance and just see guys who are going to the lower end of the football league. Mubama looks like he might not necessarily be one of those, which is a lot more than you can usually say for these youngsters.