🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Re: 🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game Logistics Thread

Post by Wembley1966 »

fambridgeiron wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:00 pm Just checking on flights to Prague next year [I know!!!]
There were plenty the other week on Ryanair but now all the dates have been cleared as well as Easyjet.
Im sure some people on here had taken a gamble and booked flights so was just wondering what the situation is now.
If you've got enough Airmiles there's good availability on all flights from Heathrow to Prague that week. Otherwise BA flights are £40 - £70 going out and £100 coming back.
billywhitehorse
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by billywhitehorse »

Wembley1966 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:35 pm If you've got enough Airmiles there's good availability on all flights from Heathrow to Prague that week. Otherwise BA flights are £40 - £70 going out and £100 coming back.
Easyjet flights are only listed up to May at present. June flights won't be listed for several weeks yet.
fambridgeiron
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by fambridgeiron »

Wembley1966 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:35 pm If you've got enough Airmiles there's good availability on all flights from Heathrow to Prague that week. Otherwise BA flights are £40 - £70 going out and £100 coming back.
Hi thanks for the info, Ryanair are now back up :scarfer:
NotTheSpecialOne
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by NotTheSpecialOne »

billywhitehorse wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:33 pm Easyjet flights are only listed up to May at present. June flights won't be listed for several weeks yet.
You can book a city break to Prague for that week with easyJet and that way you can select flights before the normal release of them 11 months before departure. 8 of us have just done that and got flights from Gatwick plus hotel for 3 nights
fambridgeiron
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by fambridgeiron »

NotTheSpecialOne wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:43 pm You can book a city break to Prague for that week with easyJet and that way you can select flights before the normal release of them 11 months before departure. 8 of us have just done that and got flights from Gatwick plus hotel for 3 nights
We looked at that as well but could only find places where the refund cut off date for the booking was before the semi finals!!
NotTheSpecialOne
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by NotTheSpecialOne »

Yeah but happily one of our group has a big birthday on 6 June so we were always going to go!! :beer:

If we make the final that's a bonus
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ If we don't make the final, can others that have booked to go out then, join in the party? :beers:
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Kentammer »

I've got tickets to Goodison on Sunday 18 September - in the home end (I'm taking a Bluenose mate who, scandalously, has never been), but still. A ground I haven't been to, and I'm looking forward to it.

Was planning on making a bit of a weekend of it without breaking the bank - up early Saturday, home late Sunday, something like that. Can't buy train tickets yet as Avanti haven't published their timetables, and now it turns out there's a train strike on the Saturday anyway. With a 2pm Sunday KO, that's going to f*** over a load of us.

One option is flying. Via Dublin (ffs). If I can even get to the airport. Anyone got any better ideas than that? Coach an option, clearly (with the same 'getting to the coach station' caveat, but frankly I am terrible on four wheels so would rather avoid it!

edit: I am acutely aware there isn't really a good answer here!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Kentammer wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:50 pm Anyone got any better ideas than that?
Get the train up Friday and come back on Sunday? I appreciate it's two nights in Liverpool, but plenty to do.
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Kentammer »

Doc H Ball wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:15 pm Get the train up Friday and come back on Sunday? I appreciate it's two nights in Liverpool, but plenty to do.
A solution so obvious I didn’t even consider it. But, yes, that is a much better shout! 👍🏻
Phil S
Has liked: 460 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

If you've booked flights with Blueair to and from Bucharest - they're in trouble.

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/rom ... government
Cockneynomad
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Cockneynomad »

Kentammer wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:15 pm A solution so obvious I didn’t even consider it. But, yes, that is a much better shout! 👍🏻
Trust me the city not including Anfield and Goodison Park is a great shout, I know the city very well let me know if you need pointers
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Not sure where to post this...

Have a non-refundable twin (single occupancy) room booked for Aarhus on Thursday night - in Cabinn Aarhus - and can no longer go to the Silkeborg game.

It is pretty central - walking distance from train - and I only paid 85 euros for it - though would probably need to pay a bit more to use for two people.

PM me if interested in taking the booking over.
@dave_boy
Has liked: 18 likes

Post by @dave_boy »

I’m flying into Aarhus on Thursday. Does Anyone know if there is a bus service from the airport to the train station for onward travel to Silkeborg?

Any info/details would be appreciated.

TIA :hamm:
warontheterraces
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by warontheterraces »

@dave_boy wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:37 pm I’m flying into Aarhus on Thursday. Does Anyone know if there is a bus service from the airport to the train station for onward travel to Silkeborg?

Yes there is…did Viborg away the other week and flew in to Aarhus. The airport bus will drop you right outside the train station and takes around 50 to 60 mins approximately depending on traffic.
Captain Slaphead
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Captain Slaphead »

Five of us on the Weds morning Ryanair Stansted flight into Aarhus, due 1405.
Seven-seater cab booked into Aarhus city centre, happy to squeeze in a couple more to keep per-head costs down.
Pls PM if interested.
@dave_boy
Has liked: 18 likes

Post by @dave_boy »

warontheterraces wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:52 pm Yes there is…did Viborg away the other week and flew in to Aarhus. The airport bus will drop you right outside the train station and takes around 50 to 60 mins approximately depending on traffic.
Much appreciated!
irongav
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by irongav »

@dave_boy wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:37 pm I’m flying into Aarhus on Thursday. Does Anyone know if there is a bus service from the airport to the train station for onward travel to Silkeborg?

yes it works well, pay the driver :newthumb:
Kialos
Has liked: 1544 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Captain Slaphead wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:29 pm Five of us on the Weds morning Ryanair Stansted flight into Aarhus, due 1405.
Seven-seater cab booked into Aarhus city centre, happy to squeeze in a couple more to keep per-head costs down.
Pls PM if interested.
I've just emailed CS, he'll text me Thursday afternoon and I'll meet you all in town late afternoon time. I'm flying into Copenhagen and getting the train up.
Captain Slaphead
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Captain Slaphead »

Kialos wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:20 am I've just emailed CS, he'll text me Thursday afternoon and I'll meet you all in town late afternoon time. I'm flying into Copenhagen and getting the train up.
Excellent news K, see you there