🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

GALF
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 152 likes

Re: 🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

Post by GALF »

Going from Gatwick via Rome (FCO) on Tuesday. Flight from Rome leaves 12:20. I’m guessing I might be joined by some Fiorentina fans but I didn’t think about that at the time!
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 128 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

Jgibbo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:40 pm Is anyone on here doing the sports options in and out package?
Yes, me with ticket and little sis without, flying out on Wednesday,back Thursday.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

We are driving, leaving Essex at around half 7 on Tuesday morning, stopover in Nuremburg Tuesday night, onto Prague Wednesday and then driving all the way back Thursday
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

This time next week I'll hopefully be a couple of hours into a train from Munich to Prague.
Jgibbo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jgibbo »

Ilford Paolo wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:47 am Yes, me with ticket and little sis without, flying out on Wednesday,back Thursday.
Nice one. See you nice and early at stansted 🍻
Jgibbo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jgibbo »

Ilford Paolo wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:47 am Yes, me with ticket and little sis without, flying out on Wednesday,back Thursday.
Even though I will barely be in there I did book a cheapish hotel (90 quid) just to put stuff in. Really didn’t fancy carrying round my passport with me all day
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

New page up on the UEFA site for West Ham fans :

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferen ... /west-ham/

edit, not sure if this info for the fanzone is designed to en/discourage :)
Entertainment programme

Your favourite matchday host Chris Scull will be joining to help count down to kick-off with plenty of entertainment to enjoy

DJ Tony Perry will be building the atmosphere with pre-match DJ sets to get you in the mood for the final

Lifelong West Ham fan Chesney Hawkes and his band are taking to the stage for an afternoon performance filled with fan favourites, singalong songs and his biggest hits

West Ham United Supporter Services team will be on hand to assist you
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Flying to Gdansk Monday morning then have an interail ticket traveling down through Poland arriving in Wroclaw Monday night. Up early Tuesday for the train journey to Prague :smiler: on the way back it's via Germany and Belgium for 2 days arriving into St Pancras Friday evening. Lots of traveling but I love a bit of adventure :scarfer:
charliebigpotatoes

Post by charliebigpotatoes »

I arrive into Prague on Tuesday morning, 9.45am from Frankfurt. Anyone got a transfer to the city centre I can jump in, or want to share a cab? I'm solo at that point.
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 128 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

Jgibbo wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:32 am Even though I will barely be in there I did book a cheapish hotel (90 quid) just to put stuff in. Really didn’t fancy carrying round my passport with me all day
I understand but had to do that with Palermo back in 2006. I also for holidays (geek alert) keep a colour laminated copy and also a photo of the key passport page on my mobile phone
Harveys Hammers
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Harveys Hammers »

So it sounds like those of us with tickets don't need to go to the fanzone at all if we don't want to. Assuming a lot of us will be in the old town, what is the best way to get to our end of the ground? Same metro stop suggested for the fanzone or can we go more central? :newthumb:
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1365 likes
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Harveys Hammers wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:04 pm So it sounds like those of us with tickets don't need to go to the fanzone at all if we don't want to. Assuming a lot of us will be in the old town, what is the best way to get to our end of the ground? Same metro stop suggested for the fanzone or can we go more central? :newthumb:
The A line metro has stations either side of the old square and goes straight to the stop West Ham are using for our end of the ground.
Harveys Hammers
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Harveys Hammers »

Perfect :beers:
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 179 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

So…. What’s the colour scheme we’re all wearing next week?

Watching the Europa League final, it’s fairly obvious who are the Seville (white) or Roma (Red) fans.

I don’t want to go sky blue if the rest of you lot are wearing claret.

I’ll stand out like a sore thumb!

:hammb:
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I’m going in full replica kit, might get some shin pads too.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Jonah wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:36 pm edit, not sure if this info for the fanzone is designed to en/discourage
Is that DJ the gurner we get at home games?

If so, please pm me if you want my ticket, hotel and flights.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1365 likes
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Doc H Ball wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:33 am Is that DJ the gurner we get at home games?

If so, please pm me if you want my ticket, hotel and flights.
Late lunch, couple of beers in the sunshine around the old square and early metro down to the ground will do nicely 😎
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

1895Hammer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:44 am Late lunch, couple of beers in the sunshine around the old square and early metro down to the ground will do nicely 😎
100% this... 10min walk to Národní třída metro stop, 20min Metro number 22 to the Slavia metro stop (11 stops and a metro comes every 5mins) then just a 5 min walk to the stadium (plus no doubt 30mins for security etc if you time it badly).

Gates open at 6pm, they sell beer inside the stadium and kick off isn't until 9pm... No reason to leave it late, get up there and take it all in.

Won't be going anywhere near the fanzone personally.
GALF
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by GALF »

sutts07 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:43 pm 100% this... 10min walk to Národní třída metro stop, 20min Metro number 22 to the Slavia metro stop (11 stops and a metro comes every 5mins) then just a 5 min walk to the stadium (plus no doubt 30mins for security etc if you time it badly).

Gates open at 6pm, they sell beer inside the stadium and kick off isn't until 9pm... No reason to leave it late, get up there and take it all in.

Won't be going anywhere near the fanzone personally.
There will also be concession stands around the stadium too. I imagine it’ll be similar to what’s outside our own, near to the Heineken bar, so no doubt many will congregate there for a few drinks beforehand.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 175 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

I think I could be one of the earliest heading out there on Sunday morning :rofl: Gives me a chance to see the city as not been before and then enjoy the party when the rest of you lot get there