🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Re: 🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

Post by Cottee »

BobbyMooreWasInnocent wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:52 am I live in South Bucks so flying Heathrow to Munich at 0700 on 6th, £100 return (booked it before the semi). Then getting the train to Prague, flight back on Thursday night. Match ticket secured yesterday! I’ve been advised that booking the train through cdz in the Czech Republic is cheaper etc than through the German system
It's a lot cheaper, as I found out after I'd booked mine through bahn.com. Still, only about £40 down so not the end of the world. I'm out of Munich first thing Wednesday as don't get in until the evening, the route is meant to be pretty amazing as well if scenery is your thing.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

We’re booked into a funky hotel in Praha 5, great city location … close enough to walk to the old town and stadium itself but not on top of the square.

Right side of city coming in from Nuremberg, car hire sorted so should be fine for a swift exit on Thursday back to the Rhineland.

Just waiting on the last of our lot to get his ticket tomorrow. Got another mate coming in from Thailand … hoping he can snare one as there is a spare on 30points.

All in its worked out at approx. £460 which I think is fairly decent.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by hammers92 »

If of any use to the good folk on here.

PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Not sure if mentioned earlier, but having worked a ton in Prague over the years; if anyone is driving in, look at parking outside of the city as within its a bit of a nightmare at the best of times.
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

How many West Ham fans do you think are going to be travelling to Prague then? 25,000+ ?
fambridgeiron
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by fambridgeiron »

We now have a spare seat available on our flight from Stansted on the 5th at @10-30am and returning on the 8th at @15-15
PM me for more details etc
Cottee

Post by Cottee »

Anyone else going from Munich to Prague early on matchday?
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Think I posted this in the wrong thread.
Jonah wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:10 pm I would imagine 117ish, following it around to the south stand 126?

Yep, the 'Blue' fanzone in Letna park. :thup:
I can't see many bothering to head out to the fanzone if the Old Town Square is an option (obviously the local police may have other plans for us all).

Old Town Square is the right side of the bridge for the stadium and has a metro station that takes you all the way to the stadium too.

I'd have thought the masses would all congregate there given the chance.

Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Yeh agree Sutts, If you have a match ticket, no point in going out of your way to then just come back on the metro/walk.

As you say though, local plod will most likely have other ideas. Similar to Seville last year (and probably every other major UEFA final), the Rangers fans congregated in the Hercules square, with a 40 min walk in either direction to the fanzone or Estadio Ramon. The cafes/pubs etc around the square stopped serving in the afternoon to help move people on.

I imagine the Old Town Square will be buzzing in the morning til the afternoon and will see fanzone people walking up to get a decent view of the screen/s. The lucky fans going to the match going direct. Still hoping that they'll put screens up in the Sparta Stadium as an option. Will be more accessible for families, older fans not wanting to stand in a festival type area for 8 hours.
Cottee

Post by Cottee »

I think they want ticketed fans to go to the fanzone as well as they've laid on extra trains that go directly to the stadium.
dicanio101

Post by dicanio101 »

Booked Edinburgh to Gothenburg......Gothenburg to Prague arriving 9.45 am on Matchday return Prague to Edinburgh via Copenhagen on the Friday 9th :hamm: No tickets
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Cottee wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:59 pm I think they want ticketed fans to go to the fanzone as well as they've laid on extra trains that go directly to the stadium.
From @iamSlob on Twitter...

West Ham fan zone in Prague to be held at Letenská Park next to the Sparta Prague (Křetínský's club). Fiorentina's fan zone is a mile away at Výstavišti (exhibition ground).

There will be large screens at the fan zone to watch the final. There are plans that food and beer will be available for purchase. It is expected that there will be a large security presence; especially between the 2 fan zones.

"We're working with the clubs, UEFA and local authorities on the overall composition and capacity of the fan zones. There is more space at Letenská Park, that's why the team is West Ham. Of course there'll be refreshments, food, beer" said FAČR's Michal Zajac, final organiser

"The Hradčanská metro is within easy reach of Letenská Park. The Nádraží Holešovice metro station is nearby, as well as the train station. We have prepared special trains that will take fans with tickets to the Praha-Eden station right in front of the stadium" added Zajac.

Letenska Park currently looks like this following a championship parade for Sparta.

Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

:grin: kin ell hope there’s plenty of bars showing the game.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Does anyone know if the upper tier has it’s own concourse or is it connected to the lower tier?
arlhe
Has liked: 241 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by arlhe »

My daughter tells me we are flying out from Heathrow at 5.30am on Tuesday morning, via Stockholm.. Flying back on Thursday, via Warsaw.

Apparently we do have accomodation, somewhere in Prague.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Does alcohol get served at a Europa conference final? I think the answer is yes after they changed the rules. There was definitely alcohol at the euro final.
Cottee

Post by Cottee »

BigFatSam wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:27 pm Does alcohol get served at a Europa conference final? I think the answer is yes after they changed the rules. There was definitely alcohol at the euro final.
Yes, confirmed in their online stadium guide.
Jgibbo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jgibbo »

Is anyone on here doing the sports options in and out package?
Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Stulaw »

For covenience sake I’m going from London City to Berlin via Amsterdam, and then a flixbus to Prague, and a reverse on the way back.
Boleyn_Hammer
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by Boleyn_Hammer »

Anyone else Gatwick to Milan on Monday night then Milan go Prague 6am Tuesday morning?