🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

GALF
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 152 likes

Re: 🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

Post by GALF »

Cottee wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:06 pm Finally booked. Out to Munich Tuesday afternoon. Train to Prague early Weds, same journey back Thursday.

£170 round trip thanks to a mate at BA.
Great to hear! Little one in tow I'm guessing?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Espio wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:55 pm !!! FYI - BA just put on a ton more flights to and from Prague
Cant see it on their website
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

GALF wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:27 pm Great to hear! Little one in tow I'm guessing?
No mate :(

I'd have spent my whole life regretting it if we win. He's genuinely ok with it though, he knows how long I've waited for this and hopefully we'll get some big days out together in the future.
Espio
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Espio »

Cottee wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:25 pm Can't see a single extra flight from what was up over the weekend?
Unless I’m going mad, there are now 5 flights out London to Prague on June 6 and three return on June 8. There were none over the weekend
MaylandHammer
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 115 likes

Post by MaylandHammer »

4 of us booked as follows :

Monday 5th June - Leave Stansted at 19.30 & arrive Cologne 21.50 - Spend several hours in airport (telling ourselves we will eat & sleep, but more likely to get on it & regret it :crossed: )
Tuesday 6th June - Train from Cologne at 05.30 & arrive Prague 14.17 with a couple of changes at Nuremburg & Schwandorf along the way.
Wednesday 7th & Thursday 8th June - Enjoying the sights & sounds of Prague (and please god a trophy).
Friday 8th June - Train from Prague at 10.43 & arrive Cologne 19.22 with several stops along the way (Cheb, Nuremburg & Siegburg). Flight leaves at 22.40 & arrives back at Stansted 23.00

Did similar last year to Frankfurt & was pretty decent (though waking up at 4 in the morning on the train, surrounded by about 20 gun toting cops was a bit hairy !!) :thup:
Cottee

Post by Cottee »

Espio wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:45 pm Unless I’m going mad, there are now 5 flights out London to Prague on June 6 and three return on June 8. There were none over the weekend
Ah, ok. I think they've just put on bigger planes for the sold out flights rather than put on extra ones.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Those still hoping to fly Luton to Wroclaw, and get the Flixbus from Wroclaw to Prague on Tuesday 6th should know that four of the scheduled buses in the afternoon have now sold out, there are only two slightly later ones available.

Flights to Wroclaw from Luton are about £270, the bus trip about £50 return (coming back Friday 9th).
Cottee

Post by Cottee »

Ryanair have just put up a flight to Prague on the 6th at 20:50 for £96
Cottee

Post by Cottee »

Now return flights for less than £200, out Weds morning and back Thurs morning. Get in quick...
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 300 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

Cottee wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:49 pm Now return flights for less than £200, out Weds morning and back Thurs morning. Get in quick...
Just seeing outbound for £105 myself. No returns
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

BobbyMooreLower wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:57 pm Just seeing outbound for £105 myself. No returns
Return option appears to be via Naples if looked on SkyScanner
MaylandHammer
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 115 likes

Post by MaylandHammer »

-DL- wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:36 am I wanna go just for the atmosphere. But. I can't afford it. Another but. I may be able to if 3-4 people can come together to split cost of ferry and fuel and hotel.

Who's up for a 2-3 day road-trip?

Don't need to stay in Prague night one - can stop off half way. Can do same on the way back, too.

DM me if you're bonkers enough.
Hello mate, sorry dont know how to DM & not sure if this will even work for you, but me and 3 others (sister, son & mate) are flying to Cologne from Stansted & then getting a train to Prague from there. We have 2 rooms booked in Prague for 3 nights (Tue/Wed/Thu) & I'm sure we could smuggle you in to one of the rooms if you were happy that it may have to be a bit of a put up job ?

Your welcome to join us at any leg of the journey if that's easier for you (flights & train were about £165 each I think) , or if you want to make your own way there & just meet in Prague & you crash with us for a night or two (or all 3 !!) that's also fine & wouldnt expect any money.
roblo
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by roblo »

Two flights out that might be of interest

Ryanair £270 departs Stansted 05.55 Wednesday
Ryanair £284 departs Stansted 20.50 Tuesday

Those traveling back on the bus to Vienna on Thursday morning, the 7.40 Flixi is almost sold out. Up a tenner overnight - £38 now. There is a train at 8.40 but don't fancy relying on that..
GwentHammers
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by GwentHammers »

Bristol to Paris Orly

Paris CDG to Prague landing about 5pm on Tuesday

Then return flights direct to Bristol all under £200

Tickets for match significantly more ...
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Heads up for those driving from Germany ...

Just noticed theres a border charge of 100 euros for crossing into Czech and your supposed to advise the hire company of your intention to do so. Reading the small print, insurance is invalidated otherwise ..... obvs depends on your individual risk appetite but if anything goes wrong, that’s a costly error.

Also noticed a lot of hire companies have maximum mileage limit - 600km.
Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Stulaw »

This is also relevant to those driving in

Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

The Sherriff wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:12 am Heads up for those driving from Germany ...

Just noticed theres a border charge of 100 euros for crossing into Czech and your supposed to advise the hire company of your intention to do so. Reading the small print, insurance is invalidated otherwise ..... obvs depends on your individual risk appetite but if anything goes wrong, that’s a costly error.

Also noticed a lot of hire companies have maximum mileage limit - 600km.
Thanks for the heads up. There's also a vignette that you have to buy to use the motorway in Czechia (and maybe Germany too?). You can buy it at the motorway services after you cross over.
officeboy
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by officeboy »

Stulaw wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:24 am This is also relevant to those driving in

That is interesting and useful

I hadn't even realised the Czech Republic does not use Euros :shocker:
GwentHammers
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by GwentHammers »

anyone else doing Bristol to Paris Orly - Paris CDG to Prague 15:00 on Tuesday ?

Maybe share a cab across Paris there are two of us

Also we have bought tickets via a resale agent and he says they seem to be all being sold to West Ham with no Italians paying the money so we could take over large parts of the stadium all 20,000 capacity stadium !

Anyone know expected numbers travelling to Prague ?
BobbyMooreWasInnocent

Post by BobbyMooreWasInnocent »

I live in South Bucks so flying Heathrow to Munich at 0700 on 6th, £100 return (booked it before the semi). Then getting the train to Prague, flight back on Thursday night. Match ticket secured yesterday! I’ve been advised that booking the train through cdz in the Czech Republic is cheaper etc than through the German system