🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game & Match Day Logistics Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Re: 🚗 🚌 🚅 ✈ The Away Game Logistics Thread

Post by Bubbles Murray »

Doc H Ball wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:11 pm 4 of us Eurostar on Weds, two nights Brussels back Friday am.

It is a dump around Midi. Any recommendations for bars and restaurants please?
Bang opposite the Mannekin Pis, Poechenelkelder ( sic ) is a great bar with an extensive beer menu. Two minutes down the road Au Soleil is a good corner bar.
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

Give me a shout if anyone interested in buying a Eurostar return to Brussels.

Out Thursday morning back Friday morning. Currently over £300.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

Eurostar 1st thing on Thursday morning - 2 nights in Brussels and back to London on Eurostar Saturday afternoon.

Staying in Ilot Sacre right near an Irish pub called Celtica. Supposed to be pretty lively around that part of town so sure we will have a good one :beer:
billywhitehorse
Has liked: 8 likes

Post by billywhitehorse »

mjustincredible wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:29 pm Eurostar 1st thing on Thursday morning - 2 nights in Brussels and back to London on Eurostar Saturday afternoon.

Staying in Ilot Sacre right near an Irish pub called Celtica. Supposed to be pretty lively around that part of town so sure we will have a good one :beer:
Same as you with the Eurostar. But will definitely avoid all Irish pubs because of the people they attract and the terrible beer.
Cornelius Beal
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Cornelius Beal »

mjustincredible wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:29 pm Eurostar 1st thing on Thursday morning - 2 nights in Brussels and back to London on Eurostar Saturday afternoon.

Yes. Between there and the Sainte Catherine area there's plenty of eateries and bars.There's a good pizza place I would recommend as it also has an extensive Belgian beer choice, with descriptive taste menu, Otomat Heaveny Pizza, Oude Graanmarrkt. Really lively around Karberbrug and near Bourse too, all very close to you. All of which are only a short distance from Grand Place.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 28 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

Cornelius Beal wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:40 am Yes. Between there and the Sainte Catherine area there's plenty of eateries and bars.There's a good pizza place I would recommend as it also has an extensive Belgian beer choice, with descriptive taste menu, Otomat Heaveny Pizza, Oude Graanmarrkt. Really lively around Karberbrug and near Bourse too, all very close to you. All of which are only a short distance from Grand Place.
Good info - thanks :newthumb:
JR44
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by JR44 »

Don't know where to post this but, re Wolves on the first

I'm here from Australia, staying in Cambridge with a ticket and with no trains and coaches all full trying to figure out how to get to\from the game.

Anybody driving down from here with room for one more?
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 937 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

JR44 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:02 pm Don't know where to post this but, re Wolves on the first

I'm here from Australia, staying in Cambridge with a ticket and with no trains and coaches all full trying to figure out how to get to\from the game.

Anybody driving down from here with room for one more?
Thameslink have been running a service through the strike. Trainline is showing trains from Cambridge to Kings X on Saturday albeit at a high price.
roblo
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by roblo »

Any strikes or engineering planned for Man Utd away?
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

On the 9am to Brussels on Thursday, home Friday afternoon.

Staying in the Mercure hotel right next to the station.
Bubbles Murray

Post by Bubbles Murray »

Billydinho wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:28 am On the 9am to Brussels on Thursday, home Friday afternoon.

Staying in the Mercure hotel right next to the station.
Was there a few weeks back and the main road from Midi towards the city centre is a big building site, think they're building an underground line. Once past that it's all good.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Bubbles Murray wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:44 am Was there a few weeks back and the main road from Midi towards the city centre is a big building site, think they're building an underground line. Once past that it's all good.
Nice one ta mate. Is it particularly far from the centre where the action will be?

I just booked it based on proximity to the station.
Bubbles Murray

Post by Bubbles Murray »

Billydinho wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:02 am Nice one ta mate. Is it particularly far from the centre where the action will be?

I just booked it based on proximity to the station.
No, not far really, about a 20 minute walk down Avenue De Stalingrad, once you've got past the building works then you're in amongst it. I suppose you could walk down a parallel road to avoid all that!
Some nice bars as you enter that part of the centre. Been a few times but the other week emphasised just how many lively areas there are. Around the St Catherine area and also a short walk from there around the old market hall Halles de St Gery.
Julien Snow Bear
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Julien Snow Bear »

Doc H Ball wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:20 pm Thameslink have been running a service through the strike. Trainline is showing trains from Cambridge to Kings X on Saturday albeit at a high price.
Trains are running into London, but the last train back out is around the time we kick off, I think.
mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 878 likes

Post by mushy »

Doc H Ball wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:11 pm 4 of us Eurostar on Weds, two nights Brussels back Friday am.

The cool kids express.
🚂🚂🚂
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Belgiums another country i find it difficult to get a decent meal in, so just the one night in Brussels.

Out on the 9.01 Thurs, back Friday about the same time.

Be warned - do not leave it to the last minute to rock up at St Pancreas, allowvat least an hour unlesscyou hanve booked the premier class tkt.
CharlieO
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by CharlieO »

Managed to bag myself some southampton away tickets thanks to a couple of lovely KUMB members. Excitedly planning the day and was wondering where hammers fans usually drink pre-match in Southampton? Thanks
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

CharlieO wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:30 pm Managed to bag myself some southampton away tickets thanks to a couple of lovely KUMB members. Excitedly planning the day and was wondering where hammers fans usually drink pre-match in Southampton? Thanks
Yates. But get there at least 2.5 hours before KO if you want to get in.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

the pink palermo wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:26 pm St Pancreas
That’s all the bad food.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

Julien Snow Bear wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:32 am Trains are running into London, but the last train back out is around the time we kick off, I think.
Yes it does look that way. Not a lot of hotel places either and they’re expensive.

I was checking for Liverpool away and there’s only a few trains available again at high prices. There’s no strikes and normally lots of ways to get there, but not for sale and no offers. WTF is going on?