The Sack Race 2023/2024 - new season, new sackings (PL body count: 1)

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Re: The Sack Race 2022/2023

Post by steveyrockstar »

YorksHammer wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:54 pm Both Newcastle and Brighton will overtake them if they win their games in hand, plus they play the two of them and Liverpool between now and the end of the season. They could easily end up seventh.
I still think there's more chance of them finishing 4th. They've got far more experience than Newcastle and Brighton in battling for champs league places and I think they've got better players too. Spurs are effectively getting a 'free pass' for being **** this season by virtue of Chelsea and Liverpool also being poo (by their standards).
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Still madness that they had Mourinho, saw how they hated the win at all costs, buy me more mentality attitude, then thought Conte would be a good fit.

Bloody hate Pulis, let's go get Allardyce.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

They love an ex-Chelsea manager, is John Hollins still about?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Becoming??

https://talksport.com/football/1378507/ ... 1680120849

:lol: :lol:

The gift that just keeps on giving. That's the 2nd ex manager in the space of a week now that has mugged Spurs off in the media. Anymore for anymore...... 👏
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Agree with the sentiment but I'd rather wait until we've won the Conference League (and not got relegated) before laughing too much. :chin:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Nah, make the most of it whilst we can I say. I've proper belly laughed over their former managers recent admissions. f*** em.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Tim Sherwood on Tottenham's current dilemma -

'' It doesn’t have to be that sophisticated, it’s just being on the front foot and having a go and trying to win games, not setting out to draw and seeing if you can nick it on the break.

“They would suffer playing horrendous football, and it’s not been a pretty watch under Jose Mourinho, Nuno Espirito Santo and Antonio Conte, if they win. When they were top of the league under Mourinho nobody was saying anything, because they could sacrifice that if they’re winning games.

“But when it all goes wrong and they lose games, everyone will point to the style. They pay a lot of money for their tickets and they want to be entertained. ''

That could have been any one of us talking about West Ham of late although I do believe Tottenham have sacrificed more , taking pragmatism to the extreme and as Sherwood says , it's ok as long as the results are going your way - Sullivan and Levy are like two peas in a pod - however , another way of looking at it is the pressure of running a football club trying to compete and remain in the Premier League is horrendous , it's not a level playing field .

Over at Arsenal Arsene Wenger gave them 20 consecutive Top 4 finishes winning the League 3 times , the moment he hit 5th and 6th respectively he was considered not good enough and shown the door . Arteta had 8th , 8th , 5th ...now he's sitting pretty in 1st they're the best thing since sliced bread once more - fans can be fickle , comparisons are inevitable , owners panic , style no longer matters , it becomes a win at all costs once more . That's what's happened at Tottenham but they'll recover in time . Hopefully we will too .
Colours never run

Those ****ers have definitely not suffered more than we have, that's why they grate so much when they moan about being in the top 4 whilst playing Champions League football in a decent Stadium, albeit not the greatest football. But yes you're right, a few of us have written pretty much the same ourselves this season. I know I have. Interesting when a Pro comes out with it too though.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Tim Sherwood is a proper weapon. The 'crisis' Spurs are currently going through is nothing, TalkSport just need it to be something right now otherwise they'll have to find something else to whip up annoyed fans.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:06 am Those ****ers have definitely not suffered more than we have, that's why they grate so much when they moan about being in the top 4 whilst playing Champions League football in a decent Stadium, albeit not the greatest football. But yes you're right, a few of us have written pretty much the same ourselves this season. I know I have. Interesting when a Pro comes out with it too though.

I never mentioned ' Suffering ' , mate - I pointed out that they had ' Sacrificed more ' .

Sullivan for all his faults tried to bring back entertaining football to West Ham appointing Allardyce then Bilic - Moyes - Pellegrini - Moyes - when the projects inevitably failed he reverted to a safe pair of hands once more .

Tottenham went from Mourinho - Espirito Santo - Conte , the football got worse and worse , a far cry from the days of Hoddle , Redknapp and Pochettino - they've lurched from one Managerial crisis to the next with the likes of Ossie Ardiles , Christian Gross , Jacques Santini , Juande Ramos and Andre Villas Boas lasting one season or else - they had no direction or plan seemingly until they stole Pochettino from Southampton . Having built a very expensive football stadium they've gone for pragmatic over visionary .
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Mourinho was only sacked though as if they won the cup final it obviously trigged some sort of bonus and/or clause
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

This still proper tickles me. Fans wanting a trophy and they sack a guy who has a history of winning 3 days before a cup final. To be replaced with Ryan Mason.

Excellent.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Well, Moyes would've gone long ago had this been any other club. At least, Spuds did things the right way, unlike Sullivan, who has kept him way beyond his use by date purely to prevent a pay off
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Spurs sacked a winner.

Spurs lost the cup. Spurs haven't won a cup for 15 years.

How, with these things in mind, did they do things the right way?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

whilst it is lovely to watch the mess at north london , we are in more of a mess than they have ever been. we are 3rd from bottom playing in a rented awful bowl and about to lose our best player in the summer even if we survive.

spurs are 4th playing in a good stadium with no proper manager; we havent had one for a year now as moyes dead walks towards summer.

too late to sack moyes now as we will only be getting benitez in.

wait until the summer and hopefully with new owners we can get a younger man in to lead us.
Hindley Hammer
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hindley Hammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:32 am wait until the summer and hopefully with new owners we can get a younger man in to lead us.
So the problem is his age not his coaching ability?
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

‘Sullivan for all his faults tried to bring back entertaining football to West Ham appointing Allardyce’

Blimey Charlie! 😳
Spirony
Has liked: 2218 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by Spirony »

Tim Sherwood on Tottenham's current dilemma -

'' It doesn’t have to be that sophisticated, it’s just being on the front foot and having a go and trying to win games, not setting out to draw and seeing if you can nick it on the break.

Why is it that for a team like Tottenham the pundits claim it’s not acceptable to set up like that
Yet West Ham have done that all season and we are meant to be grateful and be careful what we wish for
It baffles me why all the pundits see it so differently between teams
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

4th is the absolsute pinnacle.of what spurs can expect , not demand. 4th is their 1st.

To call their situation a crisis is laughable .

They've had it good for a few years but now their squads getting older, their best players will soon leave or their individual form will collapse.

Either way, it's delicious how deluded theyve become.

The only thing they can moan about is the style of football , which has been dour for years.
MooresTheHero
Has liked: 1200 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by MooresTheHero »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:32 am whilst it is lovely to watch the mess at north london , we are in more of a mess than they have ever been. we are 3rd from bottom playing in a rented awful bowl and about to lose our best player in the summer even if we survive.

spurs are 4th playing in a good stadium with no proper manager OR FANS, we havent had one for a year now as moyes dead walks towards summer.

too late to sack moyes now as we will only be getting benitez in.

wait until the summer and hopefully with new owners we can get a younger man in to lead us.
Altered it for you:)