👋 Farewell, Gianluca Scamacca

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Southminster Hammer
Has liked: 315 likes
Total likes: 111 likes

Re: ✍ Gianluca Scamacca

Post by Southminster Hammer »

Just read an interview with him, says he's been unlucky with injuries, but he's happy living in London, and really likes playing for this club, completely different story to the codswallop that was flying around about him on social media last week.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 313 likes

Post by Centre Half »

Southminster Hammer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:44 am Just read an interview with him, says he's been unlucky with injuries, but he's happy living in London, and really likes playing for this club, completely different story to the codswallop that was flying around about him on social media last week.
Load of tosh that was. Thought it at the time.

As we all know, only one of our strikers has publicly flirted with leaving the club this year.

Clue: it’s not Scamacca or Ings.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

Southminster Hammer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:44 am Just read an interview with him, says he's been unlucky with injuries, but he's happy living in London, and really likes playing for this club, completely different story to the codswallop that was flying around about him on social media last week.
Why is the interview gospel truth and the stuff about his training “codswallop”?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

EvilC wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:57 am Why is the interview gospel truth and the stuff about his training “codswallop”?
Generally a safer option to take Gianluca's own words with more weight than the odd piece of 'ITK' stuff that floats about. I say that as someone who every now and then receives those bits and pieces of info.

I was pleased to see that interview with Scamacca personally. I think sometimes people are far too quick to jump to judgment on a player on a personal level. There were a few nasty and stupid comments made about him in the last few weeks.
Southminster Hammer
Has liked: 315 likes
Total likes: 111 likes

Post by Southminster Hammer »

EvilC wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:57 am Why is the interview gospel truth and the stuff about his training “codswallop”?
Depends what you want to believe at the end of the day, every day seems to be a different drama at the club if you listen to social media.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4743 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Couldn't it be true that he finds training hard, has been late a few times and misses home.

Yet also likes living in London and likes the club?

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:47 am Generally a safer option to take Gianluca's own words with more weight than the odd piece of 'ITK' stuff that floats about. I say that as someone who every now and then receives those bits and pieces of info.
It's probably somewhere in the middle and he is putting on a slight front.
He came back from injury a month ago and has been fit enough for 60 mins.

Hopefully kicks on now.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3052 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Scamacca's PR is now run by a London based agency.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 873 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

He’s definitely got what it takes and I really hope he stays and gives us another chance next season.
It’s highly likely we’ll have a new manager in place who will hopefully play him differently. I’d hate to see him be moved on like Seb Haller only to prove himself elsewhere.
I seem to remember Arnautovic struggled initially before, ironically, Moyes got a tune out of him.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Southminster Hammer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:53 am Depends what you want to believe at the end of the day, every day seems to be a different drama at the club if you listen to social media.
Ok - so can we agree that it doesn’t necessarily follow that his words are gospel truth and the rumours are codswallop just because that’s what you want to believe?
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:47 am Generally a safer option to take Gianluca's own words with more weight than the odd piece of 'ITK' stuff that floats about. I say that as someone who every now and then receives those bits and pieces of info.

I was pleased to see that interview with Scamacca personally. I think sometimes people are far too quick to jump to judgment on a player on a personal level. There were a few nasty and stupid comments made about him in the last few weeks.
That may well be true but he wouldn’t be the first player to offer diplomatic words in an interview when all is not particularly well.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

EvilC wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:51 am That may well be true but he wouldn’t be the first player to offer diplomatic words in an interview when all is not particularly well.
True, but I’ll take hope over despair. Clean slate, let’s see if he can build off midweek and I’m not getting too concerned about what went before.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Saying he’s happy here doesn’t dispel the challenges he’s finding in stepping up to the intensity of the league does it

It just negates the b*llocks on here about his body language, not smiling, hating the place etc (thankfully)

Said it before, no preseason, injuries, premier league step up, intensity of training etc have challenged him, let’s hope he can improve and make it here in this club and league
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

If you are referring to me, I stand by every single word :newthumb:
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

MB wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:58 am True, but I’ll take hope over despair. Clean slate, let’s see if he can build off midweek and I’m not getting too concerned about what went before.
Is he in the Italy squad?

I’m sort of hoping that he gets a couple of weeks of settled training and can come back sharper when games start again.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1093 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Blink twice if you’re being held hostage gianluca
MB

Post by MB »

EvilC wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:03 am Is he in the Italy squad?

I’m sort of hoping that he gets a couple of weeks of settled training and can come back sharper when games start again.
Yes. The manager was basically moaning he has to call him up as they have no other options…
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

MB wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:06 am Yes. The manager was basically moaning he has to call him up as they have no other options…
They like a moan don't they
MB

Post by MB »

El brooko79 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:25 am They like a moan don't they
Tbf, all the Italians I’ve worked with bar one have been nothing like their football counterparts come across. Hardworking and never moaned about anything. There is something about Italians and football as a combination…
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

I have Sicilian family .

Proper grafters .