👋 Farewell, Gianluca Scamacca

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

NWhammer
Has liked: 785 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Re: ✍ Gianluca Scamacca

Post by NWhammer »

Antonio is a muppet.
The hayfield
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by The hayfield »

Scanmaca is a seriously good player. But a Moyes player hmmm.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Romfordboy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:23 pm I like him and think he is going to have a good career but he is never going to run the channels chasing lost causes which is needed for Moyes way of playing
As much as I will have an eternal love for Moyes if we win next week, I think I would choose Scamacca over him if given the choice in the near future.

It is quite disheartening to have our striker talking about the primary job description of our striker being to feed off scraps.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:31 pm As much as I will have an eternal love for Moyes if we win next week, I think I would choose Scamacca over him if given the choice in the near future.

It is quite disheartening to have our striker talking about the primary job description of our striker being to feed off scraps.
It's hardly a ringing endorsement to join West Ham either.

Wish Antonio would keep his pretty little mouth shut.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

NWhammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:28 pm Antonio is a muppet.
The substance may well be true, but he really shouldn't be saying stuff like that in public about a current teammate or his current manager.

Not at any time.

The week before a cup final? Dickhead.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Antonio of all people should appreciate Moyes' tactics.

Where would he be without them?
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

Is Antonio actually going to be here next season, reckon there could be another argument with Moyes…
NWhammer
Has liked: 785 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by NWhammer »

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:41 pm The substance may well be true, but he really shouldn't be saying stuff like that in public about a current teammate or his current manager.

Not at any time.

The week before a cup final? Dickhead.
He’s engineering a career after football, fair play to him for that. Just wouldn’t mind him engaging his brain before his lips, if he’s capable. “Good player just hasn’t worked out for him this season, new league, injuries” or words to that effect. Instead of effectively digging out both his teammate and manager.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

He's becoming quite the rent-a-gob ain't he is our Mic?

Sounded more like a pop at the manager than the player to me - but regardless, he should just stfu.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:31 pm As much as I will have an eternal love for Moyes if we win next week, I think I would choose Scamacca over him if given the choice in the near future.

Exactly. Being able to feed off scraps should be a bonus against top teams or in games we are under the cosh. It shouldn't be the primary tactic.
SammyTheHammer
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by SammyTheHammer »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:19 pm “and that’s not him.”

Not “and he’s not that”.

I see it’s been corrected with a new tweet by that person. But little things like that serve to completely change the context of what Antonio is saying and make it sound much more sinister.

Michail is saying what most say about him. Quality player, doesn’t suit the way Moyes asks a striker to play.

Instead that tweet will probably now cause some chaos as misinterpreted nonsense that Michail says Gianluca hasn’t got the stomach to fight for the team.
Yes, but at the same time, why say it all? I see zero upside in making critical comments about your teammate and manager.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Antonio innit. That’s what he does.

It would’ve annoyed me a couple of months back. We’ve only got one game left now though and as long as he puts in a famous hero performance in that one, I’m fine with everything else.

It’s only the same stuff that we say in this thread! 😁
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2948 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Out injured half the season.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
S-H

Post by S-H »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

The thing is he's barely had a chance to prove it and Moyes has barely had a chance to use him because of illness and injury.

I have my reservations about him suiting the league and this team, but I'm just some schmuck on the internet, his teammates should keep quiet.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:26 pm I'd prefer to change our style.

we have two forwards in Ings and Scamacca who would be better suited to a different style.

so the alternative in bin off about 40m quid on the pair and stay with a style that has been sussed out by most of the league ? we've been trying to find a CF who fits our style for about 3 years. unsuccessfully I might add.

:chin:
Sounds ace but:
1. it is not certain that whatever our new style is will yield better results
2. you will almost certainly need to spend money lo replace other players a when we become Brazil 1970
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

EvilC wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:30 pm Sounds ace but:
1. it is not certain that whatever our new style is will yield better results
2. you will almost certainly need to spend money lo replace other players a when we become Brazil 1970
let's be honest mate, it can't have been much worse (Euro travels not withstanding) than the last 6 months of last and the first 6 of this.

there's certain players that due to age/OOC need replacing anyway. I hope we're not going to get a patchwork assembly again.

Oggie's not a full time starter.
Zouma is more injury prone than me and I'm 74 with a dodgy knee and hip
Fab isn't getting younger
Cresswell see above
Antonio see above

we're not really sure where Emerson fits in.
ditto Downes
Scamacca doesn't fit this "style"
neither does Ings

we've see the last of Lanzini
possibly ditto with Pablo

so unless we figure out where we need to go in terms of future playing style and get in people that fit it, whatever that may be it's going to be a rinse and repeat of last season's end and this season's beginning.

and of course that doesn't address the elephant in the room which is Declan Rice.

and unless we figure Moyes is in this for another 4 or 5 years, he's also in the last year of his contract.

I would like us to win the Euro Fizzy and bid farewell to DM and look at a 4 year new hire.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

He basically just said what most of us knew anyway. Scamacca is quality but not suited to a lone, isolated striker with his back to the goal, living off long floated balls or crosses against 3 defenders.

Like Sassuolo, with fast players all around him, his link up is great and his finishing fantastic.

Can't wait to see him with a firing Paqueta behind him. They linked up very well when both were not in form. Imagine how good it will be when we have a few better players around them and maybe a more attacking system.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:38 pm let's be honest mate, it can't have been much worse (Euro travels not withstanding) than the last 6 months of last and the first 6 of this.

there's certain players that due to age/OOC need replacing anyway. I hope we're not going to get a patchwork assembly again.

Oggie's not a full time starter.
Zouma is more injury prone than me and I'm 74 with a dodgy knee and hip
Fab isn't getting younger
Cresswell see above
Antonio see above

we're not really sure where Emerson fits in.
ditto Downes
Scamacca doesn't fit this "style"
neither does Ings

we've see the last of Lanzini
possibly ditto with Pablo

so unless we figure out where we need to go in terms of future playing style and get in people that fit it, whatever that may be it's going to be a rinse and repeat of last season's end and this season's beginning.

and of course that doesn't address the elephant in the room which is Declan Rice.

and unless we figure Moyes is in this for another 4 or 5 years, he's also in the last year of his contract.

I would like us to win the Euro Fizzy and bid farewell to DM and look at a 4 year new hire.
It could get a bit worse though. Ask Leicester.

I too have had my fill of Moyesball. I suspect that getting some better footballers in, because there were plenty this season that were substandard (including Scamacca and the ones you have listed) you might see better football and better results.