👋 Farewell, Gianluca Scamacca

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3047 likes
Total likes: 2692 likes

Re: ✍ Gianluca Scamacca

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Colours never run wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:31 pm It's not about the quality of opposition, it's about the ability to be fit enough to get on the pitch and play at all and he's proved that.
You were saying the exact same BS about Moyes not wanting Ings and therefor not playing him, when Ings was short on fitness. But Ings immediately started (vs Forest) after regaining match fitness from several substitute-appearances.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5679 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

I think CNR is one of the "if they are fit enough for the bench..." types.

There are degrees of fitness though and this stuff is very regimented these days.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

Colours never run wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:31 pm It's not about the quality of opposition, it's about the ability to be fit enough to get on the pitch and play at all and he's proved that.
Being fit enough to play against a pub side does not make him fit enough to play against a top flight side.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1666 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I had "minor" arthroscopic surgery to clean out my knee a long time back. machine broke and they couldn't complete the surgery. came back next week, had the op, got a staph infection in my knee and it literally ate the cartilage so here I am many, many years later with bone on bone. and has been since then.

sometimes even "slight" surgical procedures turn out to be more than that.

as a player with a future and a fortune at stake, it's no wonder if some players choose NOT to go under the knife...IF, that's IF, there's an alternative......
master
Has liked: 3218 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by master »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:13 pm I had "minor" arthroscopic surgery to clean out my knee a long time back. machine broke and they couldn't complete the surgery. came back next week, had the op, got a staph infection in my knee and it literally ate the cartilage so here I am many, many years later with bone on bone. and has been since then.

sometimes even "slight" surgical procedures turn out to be more than that.

as a player with a future and a fortune at stake, it's no wonder if some players choose NOT to go under the knife...IF, that's IF, there's an alternative......
Masuaku's exact issue.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

As I said operations have to be personal choice.

My concern is we seem to be managing the alternative very poorly.

If he is training then feeling pain in the knee it is clear that he is doing more than he currently can. It certainly counts against him enduring the even harsher rigours of a game. If it means he takes several months out from serious contact to rehab the knee he has to otherwise this could turn into a Zouma style recurring injury which might not be enough to put him out of a game but clearly hampers his performance in it.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Centre Half wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:49 pm In their desire to slate him for anything, they’ve completely contradicted themselves.

Soft, but he wants to play through the pain for the shirt. Not sure how that one works out.
Who are you actually talking about?
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2410 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Cuencs is actually Arthur??

Explains a lot to be fair…… :)
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3047 likes
Total likes: 2692 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

No problem avoiding surgery, even it had been agreed between the player, his former agent and the club, dropping out of it at the eleventh hour; it's his body and therefor up to a point his choice, but you better be fit enough to train regularly, don't aggrevate the already lingering injury, be match fit* to help your teammates.

*Larnaca was a walk in the park. No fair comparison to high-intense PL football.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Sky Sports News showing Scamacca leaving the ground. All looked fairly amicable but that'll help the rumours of any rift.
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

Scamacca is injured but let the rumours commence
Long Shot
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Long Shot »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:01 pm Sky Sports News showing Scamacca leaving the ground. All looked fairly amicable but that'll help the rumours of any rift.
But was he smiling? :chin:
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Long Shot wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:18 pm But was he smiling? :chin:
I wouldn't like to say.

Probably the look of someone saying goodbye to a colleague from another department with the expectation he'll see them tomorrow.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Unless he’s been given permission to go, should he not be at the stadium supporting his team mates?
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:01 pm Sky Sports News showing Scamacca leaving the ground. All looked fairly amicable but that'll help the rumours of any rift.
They showed him leaving the dressing room area not leaving the stadium, he would have to go out of that entrance to be able to get into the stands to watch the game.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5679 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

He'll be back...

EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

hammers92 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:28 pm Unless he’s been given permission to go, should he not be at the stadium supporting his team mates?
Hasn’t he suffered enough with this nagging injury without having to sit through 90 minutes of West Ham?
Long Shot
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Long Shot »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:23 pm I wouldn't like to say.

Probably the look of someone saying goodbye to a colleague from another department with the expectation he'll see them tomorrow.
And hopefully a little nod and half wink to suggest "see you after the game for a celebratory glass of fizz mio amico"
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Long Shot wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:51 pm And hopefully a little nod and half wink to suggest "see you after the game for a celebratory glass of fizz mio amico"
I've got a bottle of prosecco in the fridge ready for after the game.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

So he is indeed injured and he didn’t leave the stadium without permission? I await the next tirade against him about attitude and application.