👋 Farewell, Gianluca Scamacca

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Re: ✍ Gianluca Scamacca

Post by S-H »

Think I've posted this video about 20 times, but I feel that we all need reminded just how good he is, and just how good he can be, given he gets his head right and his injury issues are behind him.

Quality player..

YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1408 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

SullySpecial wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:35 am He needs a cuddle.
I'm trying my best.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

dont disagree that scamacca is a good player but dont see him playing moyesball and being successful. hopefully proves me wrong next season. would love scamacca to hit 20 goals for us in the PL . when was the last time we had that ?
Sale-Away
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by Sale-Away »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:22 am onomiyi 30m
Awoniyi

hammockman44 ya cretin!
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

does anybody actually know anything factual about scamacca?
That he wants to go/stay?
what the club wants to happen?
whats his injury situation?
woodford
Has liked: 416 likes

Post by woodford »

kitthehammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:51 am does anybody actually know anything factual about scamacca?
That he wants to go/stay?
what the club wants to happen?
whats his injury situation?
I have no idea about the inner demons or the smile / no smile stuff, I have no idea whether he wants to go/stay, but i think he is back in light training
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1408 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:10 am would love scamacca to hit 20 goals for us in the PL . when was the last time we had that ?
Never, because outside of the big teams it happens incredibly rarely and is often a one off.

James Beattie
Mark Viduka
Andy Johnson
Darren Bent
Romelu Lukaku
Jamie Vardy
Danny Ings
Ivan Toney

That's, as far as I can tell, the list of playera who have scored 20+ goals in one season for a club not finishing top 6 that season from the past 20 years. As far as I can see, only Vardy has done it more than once.

12 would be a pretty realistic target.
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by stu1 »

^

As you say 20 premier league goals would be a very tall order, the ‘20 goals a season striker’ is thrown around as if most teams in the top 10 have one which is far from true.

That being said, if Scamacca was our main striker next season (I don’t think he will) then he should be aiming higher than 12. In the season we finished 7th Antonio scored 10 despite barely scoring after Jan that season.

Whoever our main striker next season is they should be aiming for 15 premier league and 20 in all comps, particularly if we are in Europe. Obviously that reduces down if we are rotating regularly between two strikers.

In the right system I think Scamacca is capable of the above but I don’t see us playing to his strengths. I do love to see us play more on the front foot and sign Barnes to play left wing, with Bowen on the right and Scamacca through the centre, as I think he needs pace either side of him to get the best out of him.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:10 am dont disagree that scamacca is a good player but dont see him playing moyesball and being successful. hopefully proves me wrong next season. would love scamacca to hit 20 goals for us in the PL . when was the last time we had that ?
Three players scored 20+ this season.

Take penalties away and that's down to 2. Kane and Haaland.

You're dreaming if you think Scamacca will score 20 league goals for us in one season.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

S-H wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:06 am Think I've posted this video about 20 times, but I feel that we all need reminded just how good he is, and just how good he can be, given he gets his head right and his injury issues are behind him.

Quality player..
Just came on here to highlight the same thing after the club have been posting our road to Prague goals...

Bloke is class, would love to see him here in a more progressive/attacking team.

Just look at the goals, not whether he smiles enough or how many "goal involvements" he had compared with Ings who ironically has missed more sitters than scored.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1673 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 506 likes
Total likes: 1301 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Yay. Antonio speaking his mind again in public. Always ideal.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

YorksHammer wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:57 am Never, because outside of the big teams it happens incredibly rarely and is often a one off.

James Beattie
Mark Viduka
Andy Johnson
Darren Bent
Romelu Lukaku
Jamie Vardy
Danny Ings
Ivan Toney

That's, as far as I can tell, the list of playera who have scored 20+ goals in one season for a club not finishing top 6 that season from the past 20 years. As far as I can see, only Vardy has done it more than once.

12 would be a pretty realistic target.
Wasn’t Viduka playing for a Leeds back when they were near the top anyway? Guys like Kewell, Rio, etc?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

“and that’s not him.”

Not “and he’s not that”.

I see it’s been corrected with a new tweet by that person. But little things like that serve to completely change the context of what Antonio is saying and make it sound much more sinister.

Michail is saying what most say about him. Quality player, doesn’t suit the way Moyes asks a striker to play.

Instead that tweet will probably now cause some chaos as misinterpreted nonsense that Michail says Gianluca hasn’t got the stomach to fight for the team.
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

A bit like downes, obv not going to fit in with Moyes. I would prefer to cut loses and get a striker who would fit with Moyes style
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Give the fella a chance to settle, goodness gracious.
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

I like him and think he is going to have a good career but he is never going to run the channels chasing lost causes which is needed for Moyes way of playing
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I'd prefer to change our style.

we have two forwards in Ings and Scamacca who would be better suited to a different style.

so the alternative in bin off about 40m quid on the pair and stay with a style that has been sussed out by most of the league ? we've been trying to find a CF who fits our style for about 3 years. unsuccessfully I might add.

:chin:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:16 pm Yay. Antonio speaking his mind again in public. Always ideal.
Operation Drive Down The Price