The Relegation Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: The Relegation Thread

Post by Puff Daddy »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:02 pm I honestly don't really get why you all hate Everton.
I have no idea why it is, but they have always been on my very long list of clubs I dislike, plus, they have had so many narrow brushes with relegation, they can't keep on escaping on the last day of the season. Law of averages suggests, they will go, eventually
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Everton are like cockroaches, they'll even survive longer than a Toyota Hilux
Pentonville
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Pentonville »

I join all those who will be sorry if Leicester go down. This has been a well-run club for some time now, in stark contrast to all the shenanigans at Everton. Obviously the impact of the lockdown on off-duty sales, their owners source of income, was unpredicted, and through no fault of the club they have had to sell on players that otherwise they wouldn’t have had to. I’ve always seen Leicester as a kindred club to West Ham, up and down, but always has producing attractive football; or mostly. Sure they had their moment in the sun, unlike us, but they had the opportunity that season with the weakened usual four, and took advantage. It’s also a one team city, and the impact of relegation plays out much more strongly across the local community, than say in London. Going to make the most of my visit on Sunday, because unlikely to be back for a few years.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

Found it strange how many pundits have predicted all three teams at the bottom to win or draw this weekend. No 'expert' seems to think any of them might actually lose.

That's what I predict - all three lose and Everton stay up as a result.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Pentonville wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:49 pm I join all those who will be sorry if Leicester go down. This has been a well-run club for some time now, in stark contrast to all the shenanigans at Everton. Obviously the impact of the lockdown on off-duty sales, their owners source of income, was unpredicted, and through no fault of the club they have had to sell on players that otherwise they wouldn’t have had to. I’ve always seen Leicester as a kindred club to West Ham, up and down, but always has producing attractive football; or mostly. Sure they had their moment in the sun, unlike us, but they had the opportunity that season with the weakened usual four, and took advantage. It’s also a one team city, and the impact of relegation plays out much more strongly across the local community, than say in London. Going to make the most of my visit on Sunday, because unlikely to be back for a few years.
Leicester are no choir boys themselves. A lot of companies were knocked for a lot of money when they went bankrupt 20 odd years ago.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

People hate Everton because they feel so entitled.

Only have to read their main forum to realise why.

The Conference league is tin pot by the way....and WHU are a nothing club. Both written on their forum last week.

We could bizarrely save them again this week...🤪
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:02 pm I honestly don't really get why you all hate Everton.
Scouse football fans, generally, is the theme.

No ta.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

OFT wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:05 pm It's straightforward for me Burnley, they ducked it in that infamous game v Wimbledon '93/'94 and I've hoped they'd get it eventually

Edit, so it's not hatred I just think they're long overdue
Absolutely, that game lives long in the memory. I don’t hate Everton either, I just feel like they’ve had a deferred relegation that is due to be taken.
I’ve also got an old mate who supports them and never stops bleating on about how they’ve never been relegated :asleep:
Patsy Belgium
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by Patsy Belgium »

davids cross wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:20 pm People hate Everton because they feel so entitled.

Only have to read their main forum to realise why.

The Conference league is tin pot by the way....and WHU are a nothing club. Both written on their forum last week.

A Merseyside Spurs.
The Straw
Has liked: 550 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

I always want clubs to go down who I see as a near-future threat to West Ham. That's why I was disappointed we didn't send Villa down on the final day two years ago, look at them now.

I want Everton to go down. I want Leicester down. Leeds can stay up.
Bubbles the monkey
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by Bubbles the monkey »

Pretty much, living in the shadow of their neighbours dining out on past glory decades ago. Hardly relevant…
singhammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by singhammer »

If Everton stay up (looks like they will, unfortunately), let's hope they get a minimum 10-point deduction at the start of next season over the financial irregularities currently being investigated. Badly run club with no money and a -10+ points deduction at the start of the season should just about finish them off.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

My god I’m happy we’re out of the relegation battle. I would not be able to take the stress of it + a cup final within the space of a few days.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Patsy Belgium wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:45 pm A Merseyside Spurs.

Spurseyside … ????

I spent 4 years in Leeds and developed a bit of a soft spot for them - they were rubbish in the second division but had a good time at games there. I want them to stay up and Everton and Leicester to go down. Also, coming from a Pompey family, happy that the Scummers are down already.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

davids cross wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:20 pm
I prefer to look at it as prolonging their misery..

They will be even worse next year, hopefully a points deduction will be the icing on the cake.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

Ludeksgloves wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:55 am My god I’m happy we’re out of the relegation battle. I would not be able to take the stress of it + a cup final within the space of a few days.
I find this surprising. You've been a model of calmness these last few months :winker:
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

alf git wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:28 am I find this surprising. You've been a model of calmness these last few months :winker:
I am probably the biggest knicker wetter out there, and football is seriously bad for my health. :D
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

Bubbles the monkey wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:58 pm Pretty much, living in the shadow of their neighbours dining out on past glory decades ago. Hardly relevant…
4th most successful club in the history of English football.

Since we last won the FA cup they have won the title twice and the FA cup twice. Also won the Cup winners cup and in more recent times played in the champions league.

Hardly relevant?????

I have my own reasons for wanting them to stay up. But I share the anger of the Hans Segers debacle. I think what really made me angry is that nobody seemed to question it at the time!
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

One Peter Butler wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:41 am
I have my own reasons for wanting them to stay up. But I share the anger of the Hans Segers debacle. I think what really made me angry is that nobody seemed to question it at the time!
The blunts went down as a result of that win?
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

OFT wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:10 am The blunts went down as a result of that win?
Never noticed that until now. Surely if anyone would have made a noise?