The Relegation Thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Southminster Hammer
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 109 likes

Re: The Relegation Thread

Post by Southminster Hammer »

Another of the get behind the team, I can't wait to make the treck over to Stratford Sunday week, and if we win can that, hopefully a run of win's will follow ⚒️⚒️⚒️
Tezza65
Has liked: 1928 likes
Total likes: 585 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

I think our fans have been fantastic considering the dross being served up this season.

The fans got right behind the team against Villa,though there were a few boos after the Final whistle.

I know I am one of the posters who is not happy with Moyes,but I will be right behind us against Southampton.I NEVER want to see West Ham lose a game,whatever the circumstances.If we win next Sunday,I will have a wry smile on my face for the rest of the day.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Exciting, isn't it?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

jastons wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:55 pm Exciting, isn't it?
It's embarrassing considering what we've spent on the squad and the quality we have running throughout it. We have some serious players too amongst them.

This Squad shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone at this stage. And if we did go down, it would be a humiliation in the League.
jastons

Post by jastons »

Like I said, exciting.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Colours never run wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:16 pm It's embarrassing considering what we've spent on the squad and the quality we have running throughout it. We have some serious players too amongst them.

This Squad shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone at this stage. And if we did go down, it would be a humiliation in the League.
I don't disagree we shouldn't be in the relegation zone with this team but where do you think the squad should be sitting? I don't think its "embarassing" that we are in the bottom 3. On paper I make the squad in that mix of 7th - 10th with Newcastle, Brighton and probably Villa on paper. Not much between any of them IMO, maybe we are slightly ahead at the moment because of Rice.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Knighter10WHU wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:25 pm I don't disagree we shouldn't be in the relegation zone with this team but where do you think the squad should be sitting? I don't think its "embarassing" that we are in the bottom 3. On paper I make the squad in that mix of 7th - 10th with Newcastle, Brighton and probably Villa on paper. Not much between any of them IMO, maybe we are slightly ahead at the moment because of Rice.
About where Villa are in the League on 38 points with this Squad is about the minimum I'd see this Squad being. We haven't suffered all season long with many injuries and even being in Europe in the weaker competition there was still a long period of time in the middle of the season where we haven't had to deal with congested european fixtures. Nor did we last long in either domestic Cup competition. You add in the long winter break too and there's little reason to be where we now find ourselves as an established Premier League side. We have a big Squad to choose from and many of them of real quality.
Rozzop
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Rozzop »

Colours never run wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:40 pm About where Villa are in the League on 38 points with this Squad is about the minimum I'd see this Squad being. We haven't suffered all season long with many injuries and even being in Europe in the weaker competition there was still a long period of time in the middle of the season where we haven't had to deal with congested european fixtures. Nor did we last long in either domestic Cup competition. You add in the long winter break too and there's little reason to be where we now find ourselves as an established Premier League side. We have a big Squad to choose from and many of them of real quality.
The overall quality of the league isn't very good though is it. I mean no team is cut adrift at the bottom, basically anybody can beat anybody.

Normally people say this is because the league is strong, best league in the world etc but how good are Brighton, Brentford etc even Arsenal how good are they really?

This is not a defence of Moyes. We shouldn’t be in the relegation zone with this squad, but a win or two gets us to 12th.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Big weekend ahead down the dog end of the table

arsenal v leeds home win
forest wolves draw
palace v leicester draw
WHU v southampton home win
everton v spurs away win

so if all goes well we could be 14th :grin:
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Everton will beat Spurs don't laugh
Spurs are a souless gutless divided club.
Dyche will do his we eat bricks ,we eat wood, we eat nails
Routine and have them right up for this.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

but that's assuming that all other results go our way Shirley for us to be 12th with 2 wins...not having the fixture list in front of me, don't several of our "rivals" at the bottom play each other over the next few weeks which means points for either or draws wouldn't see us in 12th..

also 2 losses see us in deep doo doo also.....
jastons

Post by jastons »

Forest, Leicester and Southampton to win this weekend...
Tezza65
Has liked: 1928 likes
Total likes: 585 likes

Post by Tezza65 »

Rozzop wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:48 pm The overall quality of the league isn't very good though is it. I mean no team is cut adrift at the bottom, basically anybody can beat anybody.

Normally people say this is because the league is strong, best league in the world etc but how good are Brighton, Brentford etc even Arsenal how good are they really?

This is not a defence of Moyes. We shouldn’t be in the relegation zone with this squad, but a win or two gets us to 12th.
If the quality of the League is crap,surely we should be better?

Its where we are at the end of the season that matters.It does make me laugh,"if we win he next 2 games".Since April 4th last year,we have won just 7 games,apart from Fulham,all teams in the bottom 6 at the time.If my Auntie had b*llocks,she'd be my Uncle.It's a big if,but we are more than capable with what we got at the club.
Colours never run

Yep, if the rest of the League is deemed crap, then what does that say about us..
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Colours never run wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:20 pm Yep, if the rest of the League is deemed crap, then what does that say about us..

deemed crap by who? Usually one or two clubs are cast adrift now because of their poor quality. This season I've seen decent displays from every team in the league, in a way that I haven't previous years.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Tezza65 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 pm If the quality of the League is crap,surely we should be better?

Its where we are at the end of the season that matters.It does make me laugh,"if we win he next 2 games".Since April 4th last year,we have won just 7 games,apart from Fulham,all teams in the bottom 6 at the time.If my Auntie had b*llocks,she'd be my Uncle.It's a big if,but we are more than capable with what we got at the club.
Why April 4th? Could be because we won on April3rd? This season has been very poor and we only won twice in our last 8 games last season. We didn't play a competitive game for 10 weeks in the summer so it's not nearly a year of same spell. We've been well below par this season, but there's no point in manipulating dates to make it sound even worse. We have to hope for better or do just want to say 'I told you so'?
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Quality of the league this year is really interesting.

I think City are the best side, but they’ve let the consistency slip and Arsenal have taken advantage. In many other leagues, I don’t think City would have been punished.

We all have money, we all have good players, and expensive players. It means you are getting less freebies, nowadays. No Norwich this year, no team that looks out of their depth. Usually there’s one stark one and one lesser one. Not this year.

Think it’s why there’s so many involved and so many decent squads in the mix. The quality is high enough that if you’re not on your game, you lose.

The league probably also boasts favourites in every European competition. I haven’t looked, but if the favourites aren’t West Ham, Man United and Man City, I’d be surprised.
Gazwhu66
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by Gazwhu66 »

jastons wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:38 pm Forest, Leicester and Southampton to win this weekend...
If that happens then we really will be deep in the brown stuff :thdn:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Thought this required a bump
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

The beeb have a relegation run down on the website. One part of our bit is
Only the Premier League's top seven teams have had more goal attempts this season than West Ham's 342. Only five of the top seven plus Chelsea have conceded fewer goal attempts this season than West Ham's 309.
Now I get there are attempts on goal and attempts on goal but still overall it's remarkable how this season has got to this point.