Lamont Dozier

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Lamont Dozier

Post by Up the Junction »

One of the greats.

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Re: Lamont Dozier

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

wonder how many songs that lot wrote and how many number 1's they had.

saw the 4 Tops at the Palladium obviously a long time back. and I still can see in my mind the cover of one of the first LP's I bought.

seems like every song you checked the writers were Holland-Dozier-Holland. they WERE Motown at that time.

Holland–Dozier–Holland was a songwriting and production team consisting of Lamont Dozier and brothers Brian and Eddie Holland.[1] The trio wrote, arranged and produced many songs that helped define the Motown sound in the 1960s.[1] During their tenure at Motown Records from 1962 to 1967, Dozier and Brian Holland were the composers and producers for each song, and Eddie Holland wrote the lyrics and arranged the vocals. Their most celebrated productions were singles for the Four Tops and the Supremes, including 10 out of the Supremes' 12 US No. 1 singles, such as "Baby Love", "Stop! In the Name of Love", and "You Keep Me Hangin' On".

Following the events of the Detroit Riots of 1967, and the loss of key songwriting/production team Holland–Dozier–Holland that year over pay disputes, Gordy moved Motown to Los Angeles, California. Motown expanded into film and television production.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »