UCL: West Ham Utd 3-1 Viborg FF (18/8/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Viborg FF: match thread

Post by Romfordboy »

Although I want Scamacca to play… I’m guessing if Antonio starts it will mean the Italian will start on Sunday!

What is premier sports? How do you get it?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Romfordboy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:22 pm

What is premier sports? How do you get it?
you'll more than likely find a link in the streaming threads closer to the time mate...

if you're going that route..
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2014 likes

Post by Shabu »

Romfordboy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:22 pm Although I want Scamacca to play… I’m guessing if Antonio starts it will mean the Italian will start on Sunday!
Do you not know about David Moyes :lol:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:42 pm You see, I would play Antonio up top for this one and let Scamacca loose on Brighton on Sunday
I'd rather see Scamacca in both. He needs match fitness anyway, to and if he could grab a goal or two for confidence even better!
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Preparing myself for the journey from hell in no doubt torrential rain for this one tomorrow
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

PF. wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:46 pm Am I having a brain fart? I can’t see any trains from Brentwood to Stratford after 5pm tomorrow and nothing back.

Thought there wasn’t a strike on the Elizabeth line.
EL is the same as the others mate, completely finished by 18.30 I believe.
Mexhammer
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Mexhammer »

Though I fully expect Moyes to pick an experienced side tomorrow, I would love to see a couple of the under-23s get a decent run out .

For two reasons:
a) Our defensive injuries
b) I'm a firm believer that until you pitch these kids into the first team and give them a run of games, you can never tell how they will cope.

I would be disappointed if either Flynn or Downes dont get a start in Rice's absence, and given that Johnson appears to be our only fully fit CB, I 'd like to see Longelo given a chance at LB. He is 22 this year, so only a year younger than Johnson and Rice, lets see what he can do? Thought he was good last year vs Zagreb , you never know, he may turn out to be the long-term solution in that position, rather than us splashing out 15-20m and high wages on some player that most posters on here have never seen play but automatically assume is much better than Cresswell as his rating is higher on FIFA 22.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

reckon will be Lanzini/Fornals/Soucek in MF.

this isn't a chuck away like the EL when we had already qualified. 5-0 at h-t and Moyes might chuck a couple on at 88 minutes..

:crylol:

couldn't blame him to be honest and it isn't a knock. imperative that we qualify for the group stage.
Mexhammer
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Mexhammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:15 pm reckon will be Lanzini/Fornals/Soucek in MF.

this isn't a chuck away like the EL when we had already qualified. 5-0 at h-t and Moyes might chuck a couple on at 88 minutes..

couldn't blame him to be honest and it isn't a knock. imperative that we qualify for the group stage.
I'm not saying it is a chuck away, but it is nevertheless a qualifier for the conference league against a side who we should beat comfortably. Im not advocating starting the entire youth team , just saying it would be a good opportunity to at least have a look at 2 younger players, alongside the likes of Bowen, Soucek, Fornals, etc......
I'd play:

Areola

Coufal
Johnson
Kehler
Longelo

Downes
Soucek

Bowen
Fornals
Cornet

Scamacca
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:15 pm reckon will be Lanzini/Fornals/Soucek in MF.

Yep - he'll pick as strong a team as he can where the only rotation is players he really trusts to pick it up.

I'm expecting Areola, Cornet and Scamacca from the start. Kehrer depends on his readiness but I doubt it. Downes will be on the bench if his toe problem has cleared up.

I'm fully expecting Zouma, Soucek, Fornals, Johnson - Oggy if he is up to it.
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Play the strongest available team tomorrow. This is one of the most important matches of the season.
If we have a large lead play some youngsters in the second leg, or in any group matches if we've made sure of qualification.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Mexhammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:28 pm I'm not saying it is a chuck away, but it is nevertheless a qualifier for the conference league against a side who we should beat comfortably.
so was Astra Goo Goo..

2 defeats already in the PL.

spending a chunk of transfer money.

probably 5 players out of the door next season OOC

progressing to at least the Semi Final this year has our transfer policy for next year hanging on this I'm afraid.

smash them 5-0 (not meaning to sound entitled) and then think about a couple of kids in the reverse fixture.
e17

Post by e17 »

I’m certain that if it’s the regular lot who sit in front of us, one of them will pipe up with a comment about it being comical that Rice isn’t in the team…

In all honesty I’ll be gutted if I don’t hear someone make that comment tomorrow.

For those of you asking about where to go for a drink beforehand: Ye Olde Black Bull. Their Guinness is as good as it gets outside of Ireland and they’ve some fantastic ales on tap too. Take cash though.

Failing that and if you’re willing to do the trek, Green Man in Leytonstone remains our post match boozer. That’s O’Neils to the young uns.

Carpenters to the left of me, CRATE to the right, if neither of those float your boat. Both are decent but always so rammed.
e17

Post by e17 »

Romfordboy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:22 pm Although I want Scamacca to play… I’m guessing if Antonio starts it will mean the Italian will start on Sunday!
I’m gearing myself up to turn up and find neither start tomorrow night.

Would not be shocked at all if we get Bowen as a false 9
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Sorry but I think this will be a turkey shoot. They can't play 2 of their first team and I'd guess never played on a pitch this big. 5/1 for 3+ goals in the first half, 6/4 for 2+ look worth a punt to me.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1337 likes
Total likes: 949 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

I’ve almost mastered the Danish language.

I just need to dot the A’s and cross the O’s.

😂
e17

Post by e17 »

Hamburger wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:56 pm Sorry but I think this will be a turkey shoot. They can't play 2 of their first team and I'd guess never played on a pitch this big. 5/1 for 3+ goals in the first half, 6/4 for 2+ look worth a punt to me.
Midweek cup game, start of the season, train strikes, probably torrential rain, no ribman, new players hardly arrived and still plenty of lingering dissent about the wacky wall and the jaw dropping sovs needed for a Heineken.

Alas, I am a regular at this sort of shindig.

1-0 to us. Some scuffed goal from a corner after 70 minutes.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

I wonder will we score :chin:
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

e17 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:11 pm Midweek cup game, start of the season, train strikes, probably torrential rain, no ribman, new players hardly arrived and still plenty of lingering dissent about the wacky wall and the jaw dropping sovs needed for a Heineken.

Alas, I am a regular at this sort of shindig.

1-0 to us. Some scuffed goal from a corner after 70 minutes.
Damn, I forgot about the Ribman :furrow:
MK-Hammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by MK-Hammer »

Why no Ribman ?…can someone update me ?