✍ Thilo Kehrer

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Re: ✍ Thilo Kehrer

Post by funky chicken »

S-H wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:57 am Are you ok? Do you need a hug?
I would say ‘yes’. But if your obsession with me is anything to go by, I don’t want to give you the wrong ideas. :wink: I’m a married man.

The question is, are you ok?
Burnley Hammer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:14 am Admittedly, I was initially just replying to "rightback who couldn’t get in Germany’s worst ever team at the World Cup and who didn’t make it out of the groups for the 2nd World Cup running"

but then went on really in response to the negative posts in general - so I probably shouldn't have quoted your entire post. Most of my reply wasn't directly aimed at you.
No probs, BH. :newthumb:

And for what it’s worth, if we give him more time in the team I still believe Kehrer can cement his place in the starting 11. I really like him as a person and some of the potential he’s shown.
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1161 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Feels like a seasonal feel good film should be shown now given ‘good will between all men’ has broken out. 🥹

Agree more to come from Kehrer. I remember how Dicks started, but we persevered .
👍
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

El brooko79 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:04 am Weren't PSG having a clear out to make room. Not sure their financial decisions are to be used as evidence.
Kehrer was also in his last year.

Also all defenders give up chances every game. Guarantee in each match he has done something seemingly disastrous there are 2-3 examples of someone else doing the same or worse. He seems to be in the unfortunate position that if a goal is scored and remotely involved he gets a defensive howler assist from many.

The opposition will get chances. Every game.
He’s another victim of the ‘mismatch’ in the squad also.

For example, I love Dawson, but can you find defenders that are any more different than himself and Kehrer? You only had to look at the first goal we conceded against Palace. The 2 players are on a different wavelength to each other. One is better with the ball at his feet, one is better with headers, one is better in a high line, one is better when the team sits deeper, etc. etc. That’s not entirely the players fault. But it just shows you how much more we still need to add to the squad for it to get better.
El brooko79
Has liked: 2962 likes
Total likes: 1975 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:34 am He’s another victim of the ‘mismatch’ in the squad also.

For example, I love Dawson, but can you find defenders that are any more different than himself and Kehrer? You only had to look at the first goal we conceded against Palace. The 2 players are on a different wavelength to each other. One is better with the ball at his feet, one is better with headers, one is better in a high line, one is better when the team sits deeper, etc. etc. That’s not entirely the players fault. But it just shows you how much more we still need to add to the squad for it to get better.
I agree with this.
For me he fits with all of our new signings in being better on the ball, needing to play higher and not suited to a low block.

Dawson and Cresswell are low block players that cannot have space in behind. They are also not the future.

The answer for me is use our new LB and replace Dawson with a player suited to the perceived future of the team.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:22 am I would say ‘yes’. But if your obsession with me is anything to go by, I don’t want to give you the wrong ideas. :wink:
To be fair, he's not the only one :zippy:
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2945 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Colours never run wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:12 am It's the pundits that 'spun' it, not me.

Furthermore, if Kehrer is so good and integral to the current poor German national side, how come he was overlooked completely in 2 matches out of 3 in the group stage and unable to finish another? Surely he would have cemented a place down as we're constantly being told he's definitely a Centre Half/Right Back depending on who you wish to listen too.
He didn't start in the third for tactical reasons.

And I don't think anybody on here said, that he was an integral part of the German team. He just played the most minutes under Flick before the tournament.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:17 pm He just played the most minutes under Flick before the tournament.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if it is true or not.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Good footballer, horrendous defender, if we can get our money back this window 100% chuck, he will bounce from team to team as he can't actually do what he is meant to do
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Sadly, I think he's another in a long line of players who have all the attributes to be a top player but none of the nous.

He has a big mistake in him every game, and lunges into tackles far too often.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Continually relying on him as 1 of our regular starters in the Team could end up being the death of Moyes here.

Moyes has trusted him the entire time since he arrived and been used in different positions, ahead of others (no one at the Club or for Country seem to know his best position) and yet he still doesn't look convincing.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Swap him for Diop? :chin:

Joking, joking.

I just don't think he's a good fit for this side. He may end up being one of those players that needs 2 seasons to blossom, but I don't think he'll end up getting the minutes he needs to settle in any one position. If we brought him in to plug holes like Ben's been doing, then he's a bit of a luxury we can't afford. If that's what he is, then I think I'd prefer the manager to assign Johnson and Kehrer a position each and let them backup the specific position each. How does a player develop when he gets moved around so much?

RE: minutes played for Flick. Wasn't that in the nation's league where Flick was trying him out to see if he was suitable to bring into the squad as a backup?
Colours never run

WCpete wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:50 am Swap him for Diop? :chin:

Joking, joking.

All day long. Our loss has been Fulhams gain.. Never agreed with selling him, we needlessly made our own Squad weaker by letting him go.

Agreed on the rest.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Colours never run wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:00 am All day long. Our loss has been Fulhams gain.. Never agreed with selling him, we needlessly made our own Squad weaker by letting him go.

Agreed on the rest.
But he wanted to leave?
Colours never run

chalks wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:06 am But he wanted to leave?
Because Moyes wasn't playing him as much as he once enjoyed under the previous manager that brought him here. Can't blame the lad for wanting to move on once it became clear Moyes didn't really believe in him.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Kehrer had a decent game. People just love a whipping boy.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

He's a good, versatile squad player. Nothing more.
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 103 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

We should play him in midfield.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Have not been impressed with him. Has a mistake in him most games. The defending for the third goal was terrible.

The game against Brighton he gave the penalty away. Unbelievably fouled the player twice with one challenge. First of all outside the box and the second inside. That takes some doing.
funky chicken

Post by funky chicken »

He’s not a centre half. Especially in a back 4.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

My French correspondent who lives and breathes French football called him out as a dud from day one.
I've seen little to make me want to disagree with that opinion.
I've seen on here that he's not a defender, that's probably right but if he isn't a defender what is he?
He'll be gone at the end of the season no matter who is manager.