✍ Thilo Kehrer

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: ✍ Thilo Kehrer

Post by Humbug »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:30 pm German international or not, wherever he’s played he looks quite possibly the worst defensive signing I can recall in the last 20 years and there have been a few.

Confidence must be shot to pieces by now sadly.

I
Masuaku is a close contender and he is returning back from his loan spell at Besiktas , cut short by 6 months for some strange reason (ie. he is cr*p)
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3052 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:30 pm He struggled in the World Cup for Germany too.
In a team that was struggling collectively with and without him.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Vic_Watson wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:34 pm 70 mins v Spain.
Of which he was soon subbed off at that time after not dealing with a cross leading to Spains goal and deemed not even good enough to play in the next game against Costa Rica. He also struggled to start the 1st group game against Spain.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:38 pm In a team that was struggling collectively with and without him.
Right, so he struggled then, as I said. :eh:
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3052 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:41 pm Of which he was soon subbed off at that time after not dealing with a cross leading to Spains goal and deemed not even good enough to play in the next game against Costa Rica. He also struggled to start the 1st group game against Spain.
Thilo got subbed off vs Spain because Germany had to chase the game after going 0-1 down from a goal that was necessary his mistake. Hadcto deal with a 2v1 situation after onebof his teammates had switched off. Beforecthe goal he was one of Germany's better players. Most interceptions in the game.

He didn't play vs Costa Rica for tactical reasons, as Germany manager Flick opted to play all of his three key midfielders Goretzka, Gündogan and Kimmich, the latter at right back. A controversial decision.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

YorksHammer wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:25 pm We must have signed Pogatetz within the past two decades.
Pogatetz was next level bad. Didn’t even look like a footballer. I remember him coming on as a substitute and being all over the place.

Easily the worst player I have ever seen for us or anyone else for that matter. Would actually love to see some of those clips come to think of it :crylol:
Buxe
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Buxe »

Worth remembering how bad Reid looked at the start of his time with us. Kehrer is still young and I think he’ll come good.

I’d doubt we’d be having this conversation if he’d spent the last 15 matches playing next to a fit Aguerd and Zouma…

Ogbonna, Dawson and Cresswell are bigger liabilities in my opinion. Age has caught up with them all.
Colours never run

Young? He'll be 27 in Sept at the start of the new season. I think this is as good as it gets but I could be wrong.
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

You are never too old to learn , (i hope)
Devonhammer32
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Devonhammer32 »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:24 pm It's a new league for him, and a new team. So far he's played centre-back in a two (both left sided and right sided), centre back in a three, left-back, right-back, and right-wingback. It really can't be easy to settle in to a new team when you're being shifted around like that. I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. Back lines need to be stable... the more they're disrupted, the worse they perform. Partnerships need to be built and he's had no opportunity to do that. Yesterday he had a nightmare in the first half but thought he was starting to find his feet in the second half - before he was shifted position yet again.
Yep. I feel this is the crux of the issue. I'm fairly convinced we have a decent player in there somewhere.
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:24 pm It's a new league for him, and a new team. So far he's played centre-back in a two (both left sided and right sided), centre back in a three, left-back, right-back, and right-wingback. It really can't be easy to settle in to a new team when you're being shifted around like that. I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. Back lines need to be stable... the more they're disrupted, the worse they perform. Partnerships need to be built and he's had no opportunity to do that. Yesterday he had a nightmare in the first half but thought he was starting to find his feet in the second half - before he was shifted position yet again.
I Said similar in the Brentford match thread been played all over the place in an unsettled side with different partners and an underperforming defensive unit.

Got to be tough for him to come in under those circumstances.

He needs to be given some slack and a bit more time not binned off in less than half a season
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

His problem is that he is a liability in the air.
He is listed at 6’1 but is nearer 5’11 and plays shorter than that.

he will not grow into this league as a Centre Half - but he thinks that is his best position.

He may offer more at RB, or as a CDM or on the right of a back 3.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Noticed that he got caught in possession a couple of times when he hesitated and tried to shift the ball on to his right foot. In prior games he didn’t seem to do that - I took particular notice of the game where he played LCB and he used his left peg more than his right in that game. That hesitation definitely seems confidence related to me - so hoping he rebuilds it, I suspect he’s a much better player than he looked against Leeds.

Obviously keen for him to do well with us ( and must say I really like his interviews, and can see why he’d be a strong personality to lead etc) but i still struggle with his transfer having seen him play. He’s a front foot player all day long, very aggressive, likes to try and intercept the ball. There are very few teams in the PL who can get away with defenders playing like that. Did we buy him because of that - did we want that type of defender? Or did we simply buy him because we thought he was a bargain?

Hope not the latter. Looking for value invariably ends up in disaster when it comes to West Ham transfers.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

The defender that can't defend, please get rid, it's like masaku but worse and at cb
WHU1994
Has liked: 1298 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by WHU1994 »

Defender version of Roberto.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

He's done in our league campaign, I think, not suited at all.

May have some use in Europe.

It's hard not to feel sorry for the bloke though.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 421 likes

Post by miles »

Was he injured? Don't think his performance warranted subbing off at HT. :?
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Thought he was better today tbh
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

miles wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:36 pm Was he injured? Don't think his performance warranted subbing off at HT. :?
Hamstring I read.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

hammer1975 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:36 pm Thought he was better today tbh
Yeah, he was decent enough.

The whole back line was a bit shambolic in that first few minutes, but they settled after that.

He's got a touch of the 'unlucky Alf's' about him, mind.

He loses a player for a free header - it ends up in the net, others do the same - straight at the keeper. That kind of thing.