✍ Thilo Kehrer

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Re: ✍ Thilo Kehrer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I thought he did ok alongside Zouma at CB and would probably rather him in there than Dawson
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 521 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

westhamlinnet wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:54 pm Agree as a rwb and Emerson as lwb but who plays the other 3 at the back. Would allow Bowen to play alongside Scamaca
Aguerd, Zouma and one of Dawson/Ogbonna, ideally with an upgrade on Dawson/Ogbonna in Jan.
I think Dawson will be off in Jan anyway.
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 256 likes

Post by steps »

Diogenes wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:55 pm Please 'think' before posting. He is an German international
You’ve had a bit of a mare here mate.
one.paulhilton
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by one.paulhilton »

Shabu wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:56 pm I like how we have two international footballers at full back who've played for top clubs but they ain't good enough for West Ham :lol:
There's been plenty of international players who can't cut it in the premier League.
We have two more.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Gary Breen was my all time favourite **** International.
Diogenes
Has liked: 479 likes
Total likes: 1200 likes

Post by Diogenes »

:kumbnew:
steps wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:37 pm You’ve had a bit of a mare here mate.
Nah, try and keep it sensible and think before you press submit.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

To be fair, you did say “an German” or instead of “a German!” :lol:
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:47 am Will our league position do?
Sorry but no.

We need patience

In spells we have played well. Yes mainly when losing

However how many players are we settling into the team?

Players need at least a year to get the pace and adapt to living in England

We have changed a few at once and it's a slow process

It may cost us Europe this season but next we will be benefiting from it
lincolnhammer1963
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by lincolnhammer1963 »

There's a lot of finger pointing going on at the moment as to where things are going wrong.
I would suggest this guy needs a little bit more focus put on his performances so far.
We may have acquired him from PSG and he's playing in the world cup for Germany but he's not good enough for West Ham.
This player is the defender equivalent of Roberto the clown goalkeeper who ultimately led to Pelligrini getting the sack.
When basic errors start costing goals in pretty much every game then its time for that player to be taken out of the team.
Let's see how he plays for Germany in the world cup

But I suspect Moyes may have to go back into the transfer market in January to find a more robust type of defender that can cope with premier league football.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Still hasn’t really played as a right wingback yet. Would like to see how he gets on there.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

If we do, that would be his 3rd position change. No one seems to know his best position and on that basis, a position on the bench may be an idea until we do in training. He needs dropping now after a very generous run at it starting in 16 games in all competitions since he arrived.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Colours never run wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:46 am If we do, that would be his 3rd position change. No one seems to know his best position and on that basis, a position on the bench may be an idea until we do in training. He needs dropping now after a very generous run at it starting in 16 games in all competitions since he arrived.
On the flip side... it can't be easy settling into Premier League football when your position is constantly being changed.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Watching Paqueta, Scamacca and Kehrer all struggle to cope with the physicality and pace of PL football just goes to show playing regularly for their National sides s no proof of their suitability.

I’d be very surprised if any are able to develop into what we need in the second half of the season.
Colours never run

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:52 am On the flip side... it can't be easy settling into Premier League football when your position is constantly being changed.
Even more reason to take him out of the firing line and take stock ofwhsts expected of him in the League with a watching brief from the bench.

It would also appear his entire career people have struggled to pin down his best position for both Club and Country, he's 26 now, not a young player just starting out.
D C
Has liked: 1125 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by D C »

The Premier League is put on such a ridiculous pedestal as if it’s so hard to play in. Maybe coming into a team where proven PL players are performing like **** and being given no time to adapt to a new league (this goes for any league) hasn’t helped our new players adapt
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2034 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

D C wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:18 am The Premier League is put on such a ridiculous pedestal as if it’s so hard to play in. Maybe coming into a team where proven PL players are performing like **** and being given no time to adapt to a new league (this goes for any league) hasn’t helped our new players adapt
Don’t be silly. Kehrer is 2nd season Schemmel, Scamacca is Zaza and Paqueta is a South American Sully special. 10 games is enough to tell you this.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3047 likes
Total likes: 2689 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 am Don’t be silly. Kehrer is 2nd season Schemmel, Scamacca is Zaza and Paqueta is a South American Sully special. 10 games is enough to tell you this.
Would help, if all three have had a proper pre-season this summer.

Thilo did some extra work in September and October to get his fitness levels up to a good level. Spoke about a few weeks ago about his problems late in games.
Colours never run

It'd because players arriving from abroad who are not familiar with a new League, that they need more time to get to grips with it. And that sometimes means they need occasionally taking out of it when struggling for form and/or pace of the game, not continually ploughing ahead with it risking damaging their confidence.

Had he hit the ground running, or found form after a a run if games, then there's little reason to take them out, but that's not been the case for Kehrer.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3047 likes
Total likes: 2689 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Thilo likes to play as much as possible. Confidence hasn't suffered. Grounded bloke.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2034 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:52 am Would help, if all three have had a proper pre-season this summer.

Thilo did some extra work in September and October to get his fitness levels up to a good level. Spoke about a few weeks ago about his problems late in games.
I was being sarcastic, but I can’t tell whether you knew that or not with your response, but I agree with you completely here anyway.

Scamacca had no pre season with Sassuolo either. I saw you and Misko in discussion about Paqueta/Lyon, which was an interesting read from both of you. Kehrer I have no idea about pre-season, but he was thrown in. Regardless, as my avatar would suggest, I am quite happy with how Kehrer has performed overall and think a couple of mistakes, now means that he gets given a bigger part in an error or us conceding a goal than he should. There’s also little
mention of the tackles he made up at Old Trafford or against Wolves that were fantastic. Winning us possession both times and enabling us to get up the pitch or stop the opposition from doing so.

I’m a big advocate in giving all of our players plenty of time. I feel many are being harsh on our new signings. That’s not to say they don’t need to improve at all, but things such as the fee and expectation get used as a negative far too early. All 3 have shown positives also.