✍ Thilo Kehrer

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Re: ✍ Thilo Kehrer

Post by The Terminator »

Apologies if it has been mentioned already but I reckon he'll be decent for us in the championship.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Back in my footballing days, I would get so embarrassed if I lost the ball while dribbling that I would feign a slight injury and fake-hobble back to try to recover the ball to save some face.

Thilo does the exact same thing.

My excuse is that I was 14.
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

Thilo is rubbish , and how he ever got into Germany side is confusing.

a) He doesnt seem to have the defenders instincts
b) He is not better that Johnson
c) He makes at least 3 mistakes every game ( i have seen him pla for WHU)
d) He is no better than Johnson going forward

Put Johnson back in instead of Keherer in either full back position starting next game
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

German international or not, wherever he’s played he looks quite possibly the worst defensive signing I can recall in the last 20 years and there have been a few.

Confidence must be shot to pieces by now sadly.

I
jabbaglob123
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 666 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

What's weird is he started off looking really good. He was immense against spurs.

Think he needs to be played in the back alongside Zouma and Aguerd and he will flourish.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:45 pm Thilo is rubbish , and how he ever got into Germany side is confusing.

a) He doesnt seem to have the defenders instincts
b) He is not better that Johnson
c) He makes at least 3 mistakes every game ( i have seen him pla for WHU)
d) He is no better than Johnson going forward

Put Johnson back in instead of Keherer in either full back position starting next game
I think because he is a nice footballer so in a three, he suits with two out and out defenders and you can almost have him as a luxury defensive player, any other system no chance
APOLLOTOWN
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by APOLLOTOWN »

Despite the errors, I see a player in there somewhere. He, like many others, seem completely devoid of confidence. On top of it, he also doesn't have a stable position/role to fall back on. Obviously things change, but I can't imagine this is what he thought he was signing up for.

When healthy, an Aguerd-Zouma-Kehrer back three actually looks very promising. Granted I think Aguerd and Zouma are a cut above. The bigger question will continue to be the wingbacks.
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 524 likes

Post by Denzil »

I still don't know what position he plays in.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Denzil wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:04 pm I still don't know what position he plays in.
which is the problem i think Den, these utility players dont seem to be great at anything but can fill a gap everywhere
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 524 likes

Post by Denzil »

Yep exactly, can't be easy coming into a new team and being used to plug a hole every other week.
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

btw i really want him to be a star for us, but we cant afford to experiment too much or have him learn on the job.

Johnson in L or R , Thilo with some stellar appearances off the bench for a few games at least
Take It to the Limit
Has liked: 1222 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Take It to the Limit »

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:36 pm btw i really want him to be a star for us, but we cant afford to experiment too much or have him learn on the job.

Johnson in L or R , Thilo with some stellar appearances off the bench for a few games at least
Absolutely. Dearly want him to prove everyone wrong, but right now, I can’t see how he offers more than Johnson.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5670 likes
Total likes: 3085 likes

Post by MB »

Denzil wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:04 pm I still don't know what position he plays in.
He sees himself as a centre half according to the interview he gave when he joined. Hard to see him in a two though.

For £10m I'll keep an open mind but he needs some time on the sidelines.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

jabbaglob123 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:32 pm What's weird is he started off looking really good. He was immense against spurs.

He really didn't, or not to me anyway and made it known early on that he isnt the player people hoped he'd be once he started playing for us. That was as early as the Brighton game too.

Very brief moments I'd like something he did like trying to be progressive with his passing but near enough every game I'd spot faults and errors in his game that invariably led to goals even being scored, not just good chances.
Gazmundo
Has liked: 304 likes
Total likes: 453 likes

Post by Gazmundo »

Agree with the comments here. I also couldn't understand why so many were waxing lyrical about him even in his early performances. Gonzo from Hammerschat was going way OTT about him. Rash challenges, big mistakes leading to goals conceded. Easy to see why PSG were keen to offload him. I do think we only signed him due to the Aguerd injury but that said I think Rob Newman has to take responsibility for this one. Seems like a nice bloke but I wouldn't be gutted if we offloaded him in the summer.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

It's because he came from PSG and being a current German International, so he appeared to have a good reputation but when you scratch beneath the surface and watch him regularly up close you soon realise why PSG allowed him to leave for £10m and how he struggles to hold down a 1st Team place for his national side.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3017 likes
Total likes: 2672 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Thilo is playing well below his abilities. But his confidence seems to be shot right now. Easy to pick on a player when he's clearly struggling for whatever reason. Hopefully he'll find his form soon, as we'll need him during this season.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1408 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:30 pm German international or not, wherever he’s played he looks quite possibly the worst defensive signing I can recall in the last 20 years and there have been a few.

Confidence must be shot to pieces by now sadly.

I
We must have signed Pogatetz within the past two decades.
Colours never run

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:10 pm Thilo is playing well below his abilities. But his confidence seems to be shot right now. Easy to pick on a player when he's clearly struggling for whatever reason. Hopefully he'll find his form soon, as we'll need him during this season.
He struggled in the World Cup for Germany too.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:30 pm He struggled in the World Cup for Germany too.
70 mins v Spain.