NCAA Football

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Re: NCAA Football

Post by WCpete »

Yeah, ended up not being much of a contest. The game looked a little too big for Tennessee in the end. Georgia has been there done that, and it showed.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

What a tragic nightmare at UVA. RIP to the men who were murdered in cold blood.

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/uv ... er-15-2022
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

haven't had a lot of time to post in here individually due to several personal things lumped on top of one another. but we're still watching the Saturday stuff.

cracker of a game at Baylor. h-t #4 TCU vs. Baylor 14-14.

chance at a bowl appearance for TCU if things go according to plan, but this is a heck of a game...

you probably won't see a more exciting finish in any kind of football.

TCU down by 1 due to a missed PAT.

get the ball back with about 1 and a half minutes left and about 60 plus yards to go...get to within field goal range.

3rd and 7, run the ball, and with the clock running down, no time outs, they manage to get the offence OFF the field, the field goal team ON and they kick a field goal with maybe 2 seconds or less on the clock.

TCU win by 2.

ridiculous end to the game.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Hope all’s ok Cuenca.

#2OSU v #3 Michigan has been a good one. Back and forth. Buckeyes can’t stop the long ball. That’s 3 40 plus yards td’s. Fwiw, I do t think either of these teams is a too 4 team. As usual, the SEC is just stronger.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

WCpete wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:30 pm Hope all’s ok Cuenca.

#2OSU v #3 Michigan has been a good one. Back and forth. Buckeyes can’t stop the long ball. That’s 3 40 plus yards td’s. Fwiw, I do t think either of these teams is a too 4 team. As usual, the SEC is just stronger.
yeas mate thanks, things are okay.

lost a very dear friend about a month or so back. diagnosed with lymphoma and went so quickly the last few weeks.

another mate had cataract surgery so need some help here and there.

and I've been going through these stomach issues for about 7 or 8 months that we can't seem to find the problem. but I feel fine in general. keep having tests to determine what it is but so far can't find the issue.

still to be honest, my friends and myself are all over 60 plus so we can't really expect much else than health issues and friends passing..

anyway thanks for asking my friend.

yep, that was a brilliant game. absolutely back and forth and to go to The Big House and win was really a great achievement.

watching that and the Mexico Argentina game on laptop and tv at the same time !!!!!

life's great.

:newthumb:
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:29 pm yeas mate thanks, things are okay.

lost a very dear friend about a month or so back. diagnosed with lymphoma and went so quickly the last few weeks.

another mate had cataract surgery so need some help here and there.

and I've been going through these stomach issues for about 7 or 8 months that we can't seem to find the problem. but I feel fine in general. keep having tests to determine what it is but so far can't find the issue.

still to be honest, my friends and myself are all over 60 plus so we can't really expect much else than health issues and friends passing..

anyway thanks for asking my friend.

yep, that was a brilliant game. absolutely back and forth and to go to The Big House and win was really a great achievement.

watching that and the Mexico Argentina game on laptop and tv at the same time !!!!!

life's great.

**** man. Apologies for not seeing your post. Haven't been on this thread in ages. Stopped paying attention midway through the Michigan v OSU game. I'm sorry to hear about all that's been going on. Sad to hear about your friends. And I hope you're feeling better. Yeah, now that I'm approaching 60 my body is starting to complain more regularly. you've got a few years on me, so I can imagine where you are. Make sure to treat yourself right. And like I said, I hope you're feeling better.

just had a look at bowl games. I had no idea there were this many of them these days. It's ridiculous. Who the hell cares? Anyhow, I bet the NCAA is unhappy about TCU being in the BCS bracket. Their Alabama & Clemson #'s will disappear. Looks like Georgia is the square favorite to win it this year.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

no problem mate, thanks for the kind words.

2nd doctor tells me a bacterial infection in my colon that looks like it might have been dealt with now.

hopefully.

been a shitty 4 months or so, but that's life in general.

looking forward to the playoffs. most of the Bowl games now are not worth watching. loads of 5-6 teams will be in a bowl.

only ones I'm interested in is the play offs.

stay well my old mate....

bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

This takes awhile to load, but a very enjoyable albeit frivolous look back at the season that was:

https://thetransferportalcfb.com/nocont ... mory-lane/
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Hell of a first play from the Wolverines.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

4th and goal for UM and they go to a gadget play loss of 10 yards. Hubris. Deservedly stuffed for an 8 yard loss.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Who is calling the Michigan offense? Whomever it is has got virtually every big call wrong in the first half.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

TCU have completely out coached and consequently outplayed UM in this first half. Michigan are going to have to tear up their game plan at half time and remake it altogether because they’ve got almost everything wrong.

That said, neither of these schools is beating Georgia. I’m obviously assuming Georgia will get past OSU, which I suspect they’ll do easily
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

The second game is a heavyweight bout. 28-24 with 49 secs left in the half. Being played at a very high level. It’s going to be the odd mistake that will be the difference.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:57 pm Who is calling the Michigan offense? Whomever it is has got virtually every big call wrong in the first half.
Whether it's college or pros, Harbaugh seems to shrink in the big moment. The cameras catching his father up in the stands second-guessing the delayed calling of time-outs is now national news. That's fine, he's a really dislikable human being.

TCU a great story this year, from the coach on down.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:58 am The second game is a heavyweight bout. 28-24 with 49 secs left in the half. Being played at a very high level. It’s going to be the odd mistake that will be the difference.
What a game! I like both programs but was leaning towards Georgia. Coming back from 2 scores down that late was captivating, as was the missed FG to end the game. The shot of the kicker lifting the holder off the ground after the miss will really stick with me forever.

There's some question whether the timing here is 100% accurate but it was close enough that I'll suspend disbelief and just enjoy it at face value

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

early doors I know, but Georgia are off and running 10-0, about 8 minutes gone of the first quarter - TCU not making much headway, lost fumble already...

might be an early night for me...

Whoa Nelly..might have been a bit presumptuous..

10-7

37 yard td for Georgia........17-7 broken coverage... what a name for a qb - Stetson Bennett..

and he scores on a run, could be a rout by h-t now..

24-7 8 and a half minutes left..1st half

he's a great story too..

he started his career as a walk-on at Georgia before transferring to Jones County Junior College. Bennett transferred back to Georgia and won a National Championship in 2022.

that's some bloody stadium too, So-Fi stadium in California
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

It’ll take the comeback of all comebacks for TCU to win this. They’ve been completely overmatched so far.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

WCpete wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:49 am It’ll take the comeback of all comebacks for TCU to win this. They’ve been completely overmatched so far.
they certainly have....might be an early night here in a minute. 1st and goal about 1 and a half minutes in the first left. I'm on east coast time here now...you'll remember we don't change our clocks which gets to be a bit weird at times. one day we're Central the next Eastern and then in the spring vice versa..

31-7 no contest. if this was a heavy weight fight, they'd stop it as Georgia would be too far ahead on points...

they're racking up about 8 yards a pop running the ball....
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

38. They’re twisting the knife with 30 secs left in the half.

26 seconds left. TCU should probably take a knee or they could give up another

Btw, where are you right now? In Houston?
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Well, that’s a discouraging stat for TCU. In the last 531 bowl games only one time has a 31 pt half time deficit been overturned.