The Monarchy

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

kenthammer
Has liked: 245 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Re: The Monarchy

Post by kenthammer »

:crylol:
southbrishammer
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

kenthammer wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:47 pm Wtf is he gonna write about over 4 books?
The next one will be a book of satirical portraits of the Windsors. He will start calling himself The Artist Formerly Known As Prince Harry.
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

Tenbury wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:36 pm Who's written this book for him, is it this Tom Bradby bloke?

J R Moehringer (never heard of him)
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not having brothers or sisters, but my dear old dad didn't like me ex..(maybe he was right :crylol: )

but I had cousins with brothers and sisters. they often had screaming matches or little scraps. when they were little of course it was "he started it" "no she did" etc.

as they got older they screaming got louder. brothers didn't like who their sisters dated often.

why is his life any different from any other regular normal household.

and I presume it is going on right now, and will go on in future.

not sure why he's worth 40M or whatever amount it is, to tell everyone about what happens everyday in loads of households all over the world.

and in some cases as we know, far, far worse things.

I just want to see him crash and burn. specifically as they both said that they wanted to leave the Monarchy and move to the US to get out of the public eye.

and all they've done since then, is completely the reverse.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Prince Harry is the most whipped pup I’ve ever seen.

Moral of the story, never go with a bird that much fitter than you. They’ve clearly got baggage or are an absolute lunatic. Or both, in this case.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Cuenc (and others) are right. Seen brotherly bust-ups in my own extended family and in one case a walloping. Not pleasant, but only the once. It's simple really, this happens in ordinary life and, unless it's full on consistent abuse, nobody goes for help let alone writes a book about it. 'The Spare' is a celebrity cash-in,further reducing respect for the Royal family. It is nothing else.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

kenthammer wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:47 pm Wtf is he gonna write about over 4 books?
I don’t know but I suspect the 4th one will be something like “Markled - How Meghan Tore My Family Apart”.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1207 likes

Post by Tenbury »

I'm no fan of the Royal family, but if we must have one, why must they all be such thick prats?
A single individual with an IQ ^ 75 would be so refreshing.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

How far back do you have to go to find someone who has so comprehensively trashed their own reputation and thrown away so much public goodwill?

He can console himself by counting his money and all his spare bedrooms, I suppose, but god help him if his marriage collapses.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

bubbles1966 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:36 am

He can console himself by counting his money and all his spare bedrooms, I suppose, but god help him if his marriage collapses.
"If"? :chin:
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1953 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

bubbles1966 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:36 am How far back do you have to go to find someone who has so comprehensively trashed their own reputation and thrown away so much public goodwill?
Eastcote
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Eastcote »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:37 am Image
He was a w****r before he was even in the public eye. Was going to say famous but no thats wrong plus the C**T is still my MP............
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Heckler charges dropped
A man who made anti-monarchist comments at a proclamation ceremony for King Charles III has had charges against him dropped.

Symon Hill, 45, of Church Hill Road, Oxford, was charged with using threatening or abusive words or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

The incident took place at the ceremony at Carfax Tower in Oxford in September.

Mr Hill said he was now considering taking legal action against the police.

He previously explained how he was leaving a service at New Road Baptist Church in Bonn Square when he got caught up in crowds for the ceremony.

He said he was "sad and angry" at seeing "dignitaries and military leaders standing on the steps of Carfax Tower in clothing more suited to the 16th Century".

While he "remained quiet" during the part of the ceremony concerning the death of the Queen, he called out "who elected him?" when King Charles III was declared the new monarch, as he felt "a head of state was being imposed on us without our consent".

He said was told to "shut up" by some in the crowd, and that officers handcuffed him and put him in a police van before driving him home.

more...
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

I've been sent a copy of the book by pdf, going to give it a read before I judge

All this press bs and twisting of sections of the book (been proven by various sources) is disgusting

The guy has issues, but I'm sure there is some truth to his story

I watched the Netflix thing and shock horror it wasn't the tosh the press fed everyone
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

mumbles87 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:06 pm I've been sent a copy of the book by pdf, going to give it a read before I judge

All this press bs and twisting of sections of the book (been proven by various sources) is disgusting

The guy has issues, but I'm sure there is some truth to his story

I watched the Netflix thing and shock horror it wasn't the tosh the press fed everyone
I dont think people are saying its not true. Just a bit self obsessed and airing dirty laundry about your own dad and brother in public.

Enjoy though.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

bonzosbeard wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:49 pm I dont think people are saying its not true. Just a bit self obsessed and airing dirty laundry about your own dad and brother in public.

Enjoy though.
But is he tho? That's the question I want to see for my own eyes

The press said bomb shells about the palace but it wasn't in the doc it was just little bits about how he felt and how the press are bad (we all agree surely)

To me it's like he slating the press and they just saying he slating everything else to distract from the fact they are parasites
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1207 likes

Post by Tenbury »

..... love a bit of irony...
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

mumbles87 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:23 pm

The press said bomb shells about the palace
Isnt that just his own publicity though?
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

I don't know, but I've sort of always known that there's a fair bit of nastiness about the royal family and so on. They just don't bother me that much. Lots of what Harry is coming out with just isn't that incendiary, it's just moaning.