Champions place stones

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Wilko1304, -DL-, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress

XTrishaX
Total likes: 1 like

Champions place stones

Post by XTrishaX »

Has anyone waited months for the stones to be laid I ordered one for my son last november and they keep telling me june july sept its a long time to wait for something you paid for in november last year hope this is in the right forum thank you
Kialos
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Re: Champions place stones

Post by Kialos »

Hi, yes the Champions Place stones have been a dogs dinner since 2016 and you are not alone in your dissatisfaction.

I would contact either WHUST https://www.whust.org/ or Hammers United http://hammersunited.com/ you don't have to belong to them, they help all fans.

Both have been dealing with the club for some time over these stones. If it is a small crumb of comfort they club usually sort it out, it just takes an inordinate amount of time for them to do so.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

‘Got’ mine when first released. We have never been able to find it.

Don’t waste your money, they are quite disappointing.
Kialos

Post by Kialos »

Have they told you which area it's been laid APD?
Boleyn_Hammer
Has liked: 80 likes

Post by Boleyn_Hammer »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:22 pm ‘Got’ mine when first released. We have never been able to find it.

Don’t waste your money, they are quite disappointing.
I second this, spent quite a considerable amount of time looking too.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 297 likes
Total likes: 1221 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:22 pm‘Got’ mine when first released. We have never been able to find it.
Ditto. Mine was a a present, the only time I've ever seen it is when I was sent an A4 sheet by the club.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 398 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Got one outside J with my old man's name on it. I give it a little tap on any game he can't attend and will continue to do so when he definitely can't attend.

I like 'em.
XTrishaX

Post by XTrishaX »

I have contacted them several times and they keep saying soon its a bit of a joke really waiting all this time
jimmy666
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by jimmy666 »

For anyone else struggling to find their stone, I found this to be the best way to track it down:

Use the link here: https://www.whufc.com/sites/default/fil ... ceMaps.pdf

This should open up a PDF which has a high level map of the different areas around the ground, and then on subsequent pages there is searchable text of every inscription. I was able to find both my one for my girls, and my mate's one as I knew several unique key words to search on that were on the stones.

Hopefully that might help point you in the right direction for people who never found their stones!!!
PlaistowIron
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by PlaistowIron »

My wife got me one when they first were released. We were emailed telling us which section it was in - 1980 FA Cup - So I went to look for it. It was actually the first stone I looked at luckily, so I found it easily.

Was no one else emailed which section theirs is in?

That link Jimmy had just sent should help people. It’s really good to be fair.
Chavs
Total likes: 368 likes

Post by Chavs »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:45 pm Got one outside J with my old man's name on it. I give it a little tap on any game he can't attend and will continue to do so when he definitely can't attend.

I like 'em.
Agreed, found mine no problems and always give it a tap for the old fella

I always enjoy people trying to find their name on the 'founders' bull **** wall thing they have hanging up
Alan Pardew's Dad

Kialos wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:32 pm Have they told you which area it's been laid APD?
Yep. Went and spent ages looking but never found.
Alan Pardew's Dad

jimmy666 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:12 pm For anyone else struggling to find their stone, I found this to be the best way to track it down:

Use the link here: https://www.whufc.com/sites/default/fil ... ceMaps.pdf

This should open up a PDF which has a high level map of the different areas around the ground, and then on subsequent pages there is searchable text of every inscription. I was able to find both my one for my girls, and my mate's one as I knew several unique key words to search on that were on the stones.

Hopefully that might help point you in the right direction for people who never found their stones!!!
Thanks Jimmy. I can’t search that PDF on my iPad but I’ll try it on a PC later. :thup:
Hammer1972
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

When I got mine they sent me an email with the location and the section, Julian Dicks I think we got!
Alan Pardew's Dad

Hammer1972 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:24 pm When I got mine they sent me an email with the location and the section, Julian Dicks I think we got!
Same for me, but still never found it after plenty of looking.
wildkard
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by wildkard »

Never did find my name, or my kids names, on that wall thing. Gave up after about ten goes.
Kialos

Post by Kialos »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:39 pm Yep. Went and spent ages looking but never found.
There were instances, especially early on of fans being told their stone had been laid and they simply hadn't. It didn't help that the original supplier of the stones went bust but even so the club's record keeping at the time was shambolic. I would genuinely urge you to get in touch with one of the fans groups. I believe the club have subsequently done some kind of physical audit. At best your stone is elsewhere and at worst never laid. None of these stones are throwaway money and just as importantly, if not more, many were for loved ones or had a special meaning. I think it's appalling that you and others have been so badly let down.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 1902 likes
Total likes: 608 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Share mine with the old boy and think it was 1 of the first chucked down and laid. Happy with ours but appreciate not everyone has been dealt the same. Classic West Ham.
Northbank Bar
Total likes: 54 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

Hammers United drew the clubs attention to a members complaint on May 15th.-See link below.

http://hammersunited.com/champions-place-stones/

This led to a number of members complaining to us about long waiting times.

The club responded to H.U. on June 7th as follows ’With regard to the timing of installation – as with projects of this kind, including at other Premier League football clubs, planning permission dictates that we must lay a full panel of stones at any one time and stones cannot be laid incrementally one-by-one. The original panels were made up of approximately 1,000 stones, however, when Supporter Services took over the Champions Place management in 2018 we negotiated changes to this meaning we could install stones in panels of approximately 300, with the aim of speeding up this process. Supporters are advised of an estimated time of installation when purchasing with the current panel looking likely to be the last panel installed at Champions Place. We have communicated to purchasers that we anticipate the next panel being laid towards the end of 2022. ‘

The club then responded that we should progress through the ISC.

We Emailed the Interim Chair of the ISC on August 25th ‘ Champions place stones: please can the schedule for maintenance and the information provided to supporters, when purchasing a stone, be shared. You will recall there are supporters who feel their stones are not preserved, or who feel they were not informed of wait times for installation when they purchased them.’

My understanding is that the ISC discussed at the meeting of 14th September and are progressing.
Cheers,COYI.
Cottee
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Cottee »

Chavs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:22 pm I always enjoy people trying to find their name on the 'founders' bull **** wall thing they have hanging up
Told the kids I'd give a tenner to the first one who found one of our names on there, even they've given up now.