FIFA 23

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Re: FIFA 23

Post by The Terminator »

I only play FUT, the rest of the modes might as well not even be there as I have absolutely no interest in them.

Every year I'm adamant that I won't buy it again, it can bring out the worst in me when I get obsessed and way too competitive. But I just can't help myself, I see a trailer, download the 10 hour free trail just to see what it's like, then lo and behold I'm ****ing out another £65 to EA and it begins all over again!

It's a proper love hate relationship that I have with the game but ultimately there's no other game or type of game that gives me the same sort of buzz that I get when I'm winning.

I packed a TOTW Mbappe a few years back and sold it for about 1.7m coins, I then spent the rest of the year pretty much changing my team every few games not caring what I spent as I never ran out of coins.

As for the gameplay this year, not a massive change from last year but that's no bad thing IMO, goalkeepers can still be the cause of massive frustration, their animations are at times still pretty awful.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

I think the gameplay is better this year, but I cannot do it again. Rivals you only finish games you lose and Champs is played like people’s lives depend on it!
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Yeah that’s happened to me three times in a row today. Gone 1 or 2 up and the other player forfeited. What’s all that about?

Tuned it off after the third time as seemed a bit pointless.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

PF. wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:29 pm Yeah that’s happened to me three times in a row today. Gone 1 or 2 up and the other player forfeited. What’s all that about?

Seemed to become a big thing in Fifa 22. As you say I don't see the point. Watching a few streamers and seems to be lots of 5 at the back as well.

Think I'll skip this one and see what 24 brings
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

PF. wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:29 pm Yeah that’s happened to me three times in a row today. Gone 1 or 2 up and the other player forfeited. What’s all that about?

did you go through all the goal celebration / goal replay saga?
PF.

Post by PF. »

I understand why you ask, but I’m the chap who presses those two buttons on my controller as soon as the ball hits the net, like most normal human beings! :grin:

Can’t be doing all that stuff.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

PF. wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:03 am I understand why you ask, but I’m the chap who presses those two buttons on my controller as soon as the ball hits the net, like most normal human beings! :grin:

Well 98% on Fifa 23 go through the whole celebration crap
and at that point, winning, losing or drawing...I'm out
Ruins the game imo
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by The Terminator »

PF. wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:03 am I understand why you ask, but I’m the chap who presses those two buttons on my controller as soon as the ball hits the net, like most normal human beings!

L1 + R1 (on PlayStation) skip straight to kick off? Yeah I do that, it shows people you mean business and want more goals :crossed:
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Up the Junction wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:59 pm Had a nightmare with this, trying to get UtJ Jnr's wireless Xbox 1 controller to work on his laptop.

Spent six hours trying to fix it and failed miserably. Ended up having to use a lead. Apparently this has been an issue for several years now.
how old is it? does it have Bluetooth? I found out there are only certain xbox controllers that have Bluetooth

if it does download xbox accessory app from the windows store, plug in controller and update the software on the controller
PF.

Post by PF. »

The Terminator wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:54 pm L1 + R1 (on PlayStation) skip straight to kick off? Yeah I do that, it shows people you mean business and want more goals :crossed:
That’s the one mate. I’m usually 2 or 3 nil down when I score, mind. :crylol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

mumbles87 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:14 pm does it have Bluetooth?
Yes... It's a common issue with FIFA and bluetooth controllers that goes back several iterations.