A loved one suffering from terminal cancer, dying and sorting out affairs...

A Forum in which to remember those KUMB members and other West Ham United family who have sadly left us.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Misko
Has liked: 468 likes
Total likes: 1364 likes

Re: A loved one suffering from terminal cancer, dying and sorting out affairs...

Post by Misko »

All my thoughts go to your mother and you, ILoveLasagne.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Re: A loved one suffering from terminal cancer, dying and sorting out affairs...

Post by mushy »

So sorry to hear about the pain your poor mother is in ILL, it must be horrendous for her and for all of you.
Praying that she feels better very soon.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

So So sorry to hear this Ill, I pray her suffering will ease soon.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Hard to find words except you know all of us who ha e read this are thinking of your mother and you. If it helps. Hope her pain ends soon
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

So sorry, mate.

Thoughts with you.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Can only echo what others have said, thoughts are with you mate.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Desperately sad, ILL. Make sure you keep us all updated when you can but she sounds like she’s in the best place now. God bless our NHS.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

So sorry you and yours are going through this I LL. Very best wishes.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Oh mate. So sorry to read this.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

The **** we have in place for when people are on the way out is all wrong.

Really sorry you've had to go through this mate.
hammer etc
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by hammer etc »

Sorry you and your mum are going through such a tough time. Hope they can find her something to help her soon. Stay strong.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Sorry mate that you and your mum are going through this, especially at this time of year. I hope she finds some comfort soon.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

They moved my mum to another ward which was for end of life care. They asked her what her pain levels were before they made a decision and she said 10. Once she was moved they said there were stricter visiting arrangements and that I should go home anyway having been there for over 24 hours and ushered me home assuring me that she would be cared for in my absence. So at 4am I reluctantly left mum at the hospital alone and still in agony planning to return first thing. I fell asleep at 5-6am and woke up at 10am. I had a missed call from mum which would have been tough for her to make as she had no mobility and any movement caused her immense pain.My sister was also asleep so we both missed her call at 8am. I called her as soon as I saw my phone but there was no answer so I immediately prepared to leave the house. Missing her call knowing she was by herself in pain and not knowing what she wanted to tell us will haunt me forever I'm sure.

Upon arriving back at the ward, she was barely breathing and unresponsive. My sister still hadn't left so it was just me and my mum, which in a way was appropriate. We have both been through the toughest hardships together, the experiences only known to her and to myself. On the outside my mum knows only positivity as she keeps all negative thoughts to herself. She is the strongest and most forgiving person I've ever come across. Many people often say she is their favourite aunt/neighbour/colleague etc. Any hardships she suffered, she would always try to hide it. Being her carer for the last two years, I know that she feels hurt just like anyone else, but she never showed it to others. I spoke to her for the final fifteen minutes of her time on earth, comforting her as best as I could with my words and saying anything else I needed to while I still had the chance, apologising to her for any points in life where I have hurt her unintentionally, promising that her spirit will live on through the son she raised by herself. I told her that she had suffered enough. Don't fight it and don't wait for my sister to get there if now is the time to leave us, she'd understand you fought bravely until the very end. The only sign I had that she heard me was seeing a single tear as she drew her final breath this morning.

Thankfully she is now in a better place where there is no more suffering.

Rest in peace mum. Until we meet again... Your loving son, always. Gee x :heart: :heartbreak:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

A heart breaking post ILL and very moving. My heartfelt condolences for your tragic loss.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

An end to the pain isn't a bad thing, may she rest in peace.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

Deepest condolences for your sad loss iLL , may your mum rest in peace :heartbreak:
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

I'm so sorry for your loss, iLL.
I lost my mum in July & am still heartbroken, so I might know some of what you are feeling right now.
Some might think it's a bad date for her to pass away but I'd say it was a very special day for who sounded like a very special lady.
All I can wish you is enough strength for the coming days, weeks & months.
It sounds like she knew that she had a very special son.
x
Kentish Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by Kentish Hammer »

So sorry to read this.

One thing that has shone through in this thread is what a brilliant son you are. You should be as proud of yourself as she would have been of you.

RIP to your Mum.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Such a deeply moving post I LL. May your Mum rest in peace. Condolences to you and yours
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Thinking of you, ILL. Always tough to lose a close family member, but it's especially difficult in some ways at this time of year.