⚽ Liverpool 1-0 West Ham Utd (19/10/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Re: ⚽ Liverpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Kermit »

Tin Hat wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:35 am Does anyone know if this lad is ok? I’ve seen another video and he’s got a Southern accent, so I presume he’s a West Ham fan. ****ers.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... s-25313615
Tbh I don't know how we can presume anything from that. All I was able to make out were a load of bleeps and a few muttered words at the end. Obviously a total bunch of cowardly ****ers wherever they are from but no evidence the victim is a West Ham fan that I could see. Could just as easily be a group of West Ham oiks attacking a local. Or a local gang related issue totally unconnected with football.
Tin Hat
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Tin Hat »

Kermit wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:17 am Tbh I don't know how we can presume anything from that. All I was able to make out were a load of bleeps and a few muttered words at the end. Obviously a total bunch of cowardly ****ers wherever they are from but no evidence the victim is a West Ham fan that I could see. Could just as easily be a group of West Ham oiks attacking a local. Or a local gang related issue totally unconnected with football.
As I said, I saw another video which I will try to find where he clearly has a southern accent. The rest clearly have scouse accents and you can see Anfield in the video.
Tin Hat
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Tin Hat »

Kermit wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:17 am Tbh I don't know how we can presume anything from that. All I was able to make out were a load of bleeps and a few muttered words at the end. Obviously a total bunch of cowardly ****ers wherever they are from but no evidence the victim is a West Ham fan that I could see. Could just as easily be a group of West Ham oiks attacking a local. Or a local gang related issue totally unconnected with football.
Here you go. https://fanbanter.co.uk/group-of-thugs- ... -west-ham/
Estuary
Has liked: 365 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

Billydinho wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:56 am I’ve not seen anyone suggest we go all out away at Liverpool. It’s once again an example of the extremity of modern society where the concept of a happy medium has dissipated.

Going to Anfield and waiting to lose is as bad as going all out attack. All most people are asking for is a little more purpose and little more attacking intent from the off.
That's just naive, we are facing one of the worlds best teams at home off the back of beating the current champions, how we do in the initial stages of the game very much depends on how they play, and on Wed their £85m forward decided he was going to justify the fee. And even though we were under the cosh for the first 40 mins we still rallied and won a pen, if that goes in I think we win the match.
I'd be far more concerned had we just gone into our shell and not been able to take control of the game which we did in the second half.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Tin Hat wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:46 am Here you go. https://fanbanter.co.uk/group-of-thugs- ... -west-ham/
Absolute scum.

Yet more proof there's too many people on this planet.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

****ing c****
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Estuary wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:56 am That's just naive, we are facing one of the worlds best teams at home off the back of beating the current champions, how we do in the initial stages of the game very much depends on how they play, and on Wed their £85m forward decided he was going to justify the fee. And even though we were under the cosh for the first 40 mins we still rallied and won a pen, if that goes in I think we win the match.
I'd be far more concerned had we just gone into our shell and not been able to take control of the game which we did in the second half.
Ways naive is thinking that if you sit in for 30 minutes and just pump it up to an isolated front man, you’ll somehow survive.

All that happens when we lack any attacking intent through fear of conceding is we surrender possession and just concede anyway.

Liverpool, as they showed on Wednesday, aren’t invincible this season. Measured, pragmatic, positive football from minute one would have got us something from the game.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1982 likes
Total likes: 4728 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Billydinho wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:14 pm Ways naive is thinking that if you sit in for 30 minutes and just pump it up to an isolated front man, you’ll somehow survive.

All that happens when we lack any attacking intent through fear of conceding is we surrender possession and just concede anyway.

Liverpool, as they showed on Wednesday, aren’t invincible this season. Measured, pragmatic, positive football from minute one would have got us something from the game.
Our issue was our finishing on Wednesday. There's absolutely no way of knowing we'd have certainly got a goal if we attacked a bit more.

We should have got at least a point on the balance of chances, and if Alison guessed wrong we could easily be celebrating a famous win.

For what it's worth I think we win with Dawson playing.
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 525 likes

Post by Denzil »

Hope he's okay. C***s.
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

If Charles had any stones he'd install monarchy and subjugate those f*ckin mouth-breathers.