⚽ Liverpool 1-0 West Ham Utd (19/10/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Re: ⚽ Liverpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by chigwells finest »

i must be mad, i kinda preferred it losing 4-0 , being utter crap , than having the tools to take these teams on and not using them properly and losing 1-0 , its really doing my head in . Last year we slaughtered big mike , now we wont unleash him , its so frustrating
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

2 young west ham fans took a beating at a petrol garage last night from about 20 of theirs - video of it doing the rounds

hope theyre ok
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:14 pm 2 young west ham fans took a beating at a petrol garage last night from about 20 of theirs - video of it doing the rounds

hope theyre ok
c****
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:46 pm Had Bowen scored, we wouldn’t have played the way we did in the 2nd half. We would have carried on like we did in the first half.
Had Bowen scored we would have played even better in the second half and won the match.

Had Bowen scored we would have conceded a late VAR penalty to "equalize" the decisions and lost in a heartbreak moment.

Had Bowen scored Klopp would have lost the plot and got into a fight with Moyes on the touchline, causing both to get sent to the stands.

Etc, etc.
Tophammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Tophammer »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:14 pm 2 young west ham fans took a beating at a petrol garage last night from about 20 of theirs - video of it doing the rounds

hope theyre ok
They wouldn't have wanted to know if numbers where equal, like a pack of vultures on the video doing the rounds. Hope the lads are okay..

Need to stick together at away games especially abroad/up north otherwise can come seriously unstuck.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

I thought we played pretty well once we found our rhythm. Bowen penalty will haunt me for a long time.

I think at times since Moyes has come back we have had quite a bit of luck at times but this season it has utterly deserted us. Forest, Chelsea, Southampton, last night could eaily have resulted in 8 points. 1 point from those four is in no way a reflection of the actual games.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

hope theyre ok
Not seen it but take your word for it. Cowardly scum. Yet another reason to despise that Club, along with their cheating on the pitch. :swear:
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

chigwells finest wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:09 pm i must be mad, i kinda preferred it losing 4-0 , being utter crap , than having the tools to take these teams on and not using them properly and losing 1-0 , its really doing my head in . Last year we slaughtered big mike , now we wont unleash him , its so frustrating
I agree. It's so frustrating to come away from the 'Sky Six' matches (and indeed Southampton) knowing that we haven't done our best to beat them. And it's not the players' fault.

If we'd have attacked them we might have lost 4.2 - or we might have drawn 3.3 like Brighton did. Or we might have won.
We only seriously try to score once we're losing.

If we attacked at all six of these away games we might win one.
It would be better than losing them all.
Moyes record at Anfield hardly suggests that he approaches games there with the best tactics.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

I don't remember the people who claim they'd rather lose 4/5-0 but give it a go when we were losing 4/5-0 regularly to Man City and Liverpool under Bilic and Pellegrini. That's generally what Payet-less life was under Bilic.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Hope the 2 lads are okay. 20 on 2. Cowardly ****ers.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:06 pm I don't remember the people who claim they'd rather lose 4/5-0 but give it a go when we were losing 4/5-0 regularly to Man City and Liverpool under Bilic and Pellegrini. That's generally what Payet-less life was under Bilic.
There is not a single person who said they would prefer to lose 4 or 5-0 regularly by giving it a go
We didn't lose 4 or 5 nil regularly either under those managers except to Man City (who we really really struggled against)
We also had decent results against the bigger teams under both those managers

No one wants us to turn up at Anfield or Old Trafford and play kamikaze, gung-ho football from the football from the first whistle

It is all about finding a balance. Being less cautious, less pragmatic and having a little more intent and taking some risks now again doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get torn apart every time the other side attacks, especially against the rest of the teams that are not Liverpool or Manchester City

And actually Payet-less life under Bilic was very similar to the way we play under Moyes as it was pretty defensive in that period end of 2015 when he was injured. i think we had a couple of 0-0 draws where we set up defensively. Bilic struggled to get the balance right. We were either wide open defensively or we were extremely defensive. There was never much of a middle ground.

How we approach the Bournemtouh game is going to be very interesting
Crouchend_Hammer

brownout wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:00 pm I agree. It's so frustrating to come away from the 'Sky Six' matches (and indeed Southampton) knowing that we haven't done our best to beat them. And it's not the players' fault.

If we'd have attacked them we might have lost 4.2 - or we might have drawn 3.3 like Brighton did. Or we might have won.
We only seriously try to score once we're losing.

If we attacked at all six of these away games we might win one.
It would be better than losing them all.
Moyes record at Anfield hardly suggests that he approaches games there with the best tactics.
Two wins and two heavy defeats is better than 4 draws!
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:38 pm Two wins and two heavy defeats is better than 4 draws!
That's arguable. Heavy defeats tend to have a bad effect on players psychologically.
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

As frustrating as last night was, I would much rather be sitting here disappointed that we didn't get a draw than trying to forget about a 4-0 thrashing.
Felixstowesfinest
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Felixstowesfinest »

Said on here some
Pages back and numerous times this season that we wait til
We go a goal down before we start playing ( bit like my under14s ) and we give it our all second half,, that video doing the rounds is madness . All
Young kids chasing and stamping etc on couple of our young lads
Thank god a few older heads moved in and stopped it
They woulda **** a brick if they saw the same amount of our lot charging at em
****ers
Crouchend_Hammer

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:48 pm That's arguable. Heavy defeats tend to have a bad effect on players psychologically.
It isn't arguable. It is 6 points vs 4

And if a heavy defeat has a bad effect on players psychologically, so does not winning for 4 games!
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:15 pm It isn't arguable. It is 6 points vs 4

And if a heavy defeat has a bad effect on players psychologically, so does not winning for 4 games!
I disagree. If you lose close matches where you could have got a result it’s different than getting embarrassed 7-0, -5-0, etc.
Crouchend_Hammer

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:18 pm I disagree. If you lose close matches where you could have got a result it’s different than getting embarrassed 7-0, -5-0, etc.
Why are you coming up with 7-0??

That is just an extreme argument for a result that very rarely happens

Anyway, i remember we got beat 4-0 about three times in 98/99, 4-1 and also defo lost games to five and six - we still came 5th!

Footballers get a lift from a win, in the same way they will get pissed off if the lose

Two wins, two heavy defeats = 6 points
four draws = 4 points

which ever way you look at it
SA_Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by SA_Hammer »

To be fair I though our makeshift backline did ok and I just saw in the paper Nunez is now the fastest player clocked at 23.61mph which beats Kyle Walker at 23.48

Impressive
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 179 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

steveyrockstar wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:50 am Opinions, eh? I thought it was a very entertaining match and we were excellent in the 2nd half, let down by some poor decision making in the final third.
I’m not saying we didn’t have our moments, but I’ve lost count of the times (and not just last night), where we’ve simply turned and played passes sideways or backwards. Last night was no different.

That’s either tactics or confidence