Elon Musk

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Re: Elon Musk

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Apple still have Twitter available for download. I think he’s spent some time with Tim Cook recently.
Shabu
Has liked: 4165 likes
Total likes: 2018 likes

Post by Shabu »

Musk has suspended Ye from twitter for his right wing views. Typical Twitter :winker:
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Musk won't allow Alex Jones to be unbanned because he told lies about dead kids and that makes Musk uncomfortable.
Musk has had Kanye West banned for saying some anti semitic stuff and talking about how he actually quite likes the nazis.

Do you think he'll need another example before he twigs that having some rules around what you let people say on your website, even if it doesn't break the law, is a good idea?
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:03 am Musk won't allow Alex Jones to be unbanned because he told lies about dead kids and that makes Musk uncomfortable.
... and which it turns out Musk had also lied about his own kid that died - got called out on it by his ex-wife.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Looks like the free speech activism is going really well.

https://www.ft.com/content/650c7999-7f1 ... 1e86e901df

I kind of get the original account being banned - weird that someone felt the need to set that up in the first place, to be honest - but the subsequent journalist ones seem a bit suspect.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Twitter going postal tonight. Dishing out the ban hammer.

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Twitter is illustrative of the modern problem where people of a certain age expect all sorts of things to be free, and that they have a divine right to use it, at zero cost.

They want to be able to use a mass communication tool, without any accountability, using "free" data, without any accountability.

Musk would be wiser to shut up and simply change the model.

Free to read, $1 a year to post, $1 one off payment to follow anyone with a blue tick.
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2191 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

Looks like he's lost his own vote whether to stay as CEO....the guy is a narcissistic man baby...bit like someone else of whom he's fan
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Loftyhammer wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:35 am Looks like he's lost his own vote whether to stay as CEO....the guy is a narcissistic man baby...bit like someone else of whom he's fan
It's his way out whilst trying to save face.

His investors for Tesla are p*ssed about the whole thing and what it's costing them. He sold another batch of Tesla shares, batch being a good few billion dolalrs worth.

It's unsustainable and going to pull in his other firms, so it's pretty much crunch time for him.
Hammer1966
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by Hammer1966 »

Looks like some bloke worth $220bn (or whatever it's down to today) should've paid a bit more attention to a teacher telling him how to run a business...
ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 119 likes

Post by ironsonthebrain »

Hammer1966 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:54 pm Looks like some bloke worth $220bn (or whatever it's down to today) should've paid a bit more attention to a teacher telling him how to run a business...
:crylol:
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

the pink palermo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:29 am Twitter is illustrative of the modern problem where people of a certain age expect all sorts of things to be free, and that they have a divine right to use it, at zero cost.

They want to be able to use a mass communication tool, without any accountability, using "free" data, without any accountability.

Musk would be wiser to shut up and simply change the model.

Free to read, $1 a year to post, $1 one off payment to follow anyone with a blue tick.
People don't pay to use Twitter (or any major social media site for that matter) because they are the product. The whole game is to get people's attention and information, both of which are sold to advertisers.

It's commercial television but stripped of all artistic merit and value.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1021 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:40 pm It's commercial television but stripped of all artistic merit and value.
Channel 5?
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

the pink palermo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:44 pm Picking a fight with Apple may prove to be a huge mistake.

Phil Schiller has deleted his Twitter account. He is the man who decides who or what is allowed into the apple store for apps.

No Apple, no Twitter.
MySpace and Bebo are nowhere near what they were. A new social media app will take over from Twitter if that were the case.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Musk will step down as CEO as soon as a replacement is found but will still run the software and servers teams.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

A bloke said to me the other day, , Bit of a knobhead in he ? I said, aye, but a rich knobhead, though
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

I hope it fades away into the insignificance it deserves.
There will be a successor that comes along that will also be free and eventually that will also fade away.

My ultimate hope is that if Twitter does fade way, users take a step back and look at the divisiveness that social media can perpetuate. For all the potential good any mass media platform could achieve, so far all it appears to have helped fuel is bile and hatred. It becomes an unhealthy position for anybody to spend their own spare time arguing and stressing about every single political news item on a daily basis. Take a step back, smile and enjoy your friends and/or families time instead because once your gone, nobody on social media will miss you.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Friend or Foé wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:14 am I hope it fades away into the insignificance it deserves.
There will be a successor that comes along that will also be free and eventually that will also fade away.

My ultimate hope is that if Twitter does fade way,......... users take a step back and look at the divisiveness that social media can perpetuate. For all the potential good any mass media platform could achieve, so far all it appears to have helped fuel is bile and hatred. It becomes an unhealthy position for anybody to spend their own spare time arguing and stressing about every single political news item on a daily basis. Take a step back, smile and enjoy your friends and/or families time instead because once your gone, nobody on social media will miss you.
Thought for a minute that I was reading the non-racist crap joke thread. :grin:
btajim - mcfc

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Twitter has allowed me to meet new people who share common interests. Some have gone on to become friends. Getting Tweets from famous people is also pretty cool.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Comparing Twitter to Bebo and Myspace seems a little foolish to me. It has 3 times more users than Myspace ever had and 30 times more than Bebo. It isn't going anywhere in my opinion.

For every person on there frantically arguing about the rights of transgender guppy fish with a bot in Lithuania, there's someone else who has a highly cultivated feed of information and content they enjoy. It's a virtually free marketing tool for millions of musicians, celebrities, authors, journalists, comedians.

There's loads of hilarious stuff on there. I don't have an account but am sent stuff from it basically every day, it seems an excellent way to spread memes and humour and information. Like most things it's about how you use it, and my suspicion is that the people who regularly complain about it's toxicity are probably engaging with it in the wrong way. If you're constantly having vexing conversations with anonymous personalities you probably need to have a look at yourself.